Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+16
Top Cat
GARAGE
HTAFC Away Travel
crowbar6753
CCOB
Surplus
TheNeil29
TheNeil30
Chips97
paulstreet
A1 drifter
wootontommy
j2021
trevdee
rangerider
Townfan
20 posters

Released / Retained List 2015-16 season

crowbar6753
    crowbar6753

Released / Retained List 2015-16 season - Page 5 Empty Re: Released / Retained List 2015-16 season

Post by crowbar6753 Thu May 26, 2016 3:54 pm

Fylde maybe splashing all the cash at the moment but that doesn't always guarantee success. Also having Rowe and Daniels in the same team may not work, chemistry is the most important aspect for me. I'm not saying it won't work for them, but its not a given.
    A lot of this Town team has been together for a while now and only small changes should be needed to make another push next season.
    The kicker for me will be the strike force for next season, we need to get someone in quickly and it doesn't need to be a superstar, sometimes a hungry player from the same league or lower leagues can do the trick.
    Whatever happens it's going to be a crazy league to get out of next season, and i do feel as if we missed our chance by not going up this year.
    PS Loving the new logo on the facebook site, would love that as a new team badge and design moving forward.
    Surplus

Released / Retained List 2015-16 season - Page 5 Empty Re: Released / Retained List 2015-16 season

Post by Surplus Thu May 26, 2016 4:41 pm

Agreed crowbar. Said all along we need at least 5-6 quality signings to push on.

I'm hoping a new merchandise range can be built around the new logo. Would look sweet on a black hoodie with supporters group underneath.

My other concern is fitness levels. To play a high tempo game on 3G is going to take some legs and with at least 2 other teams full time our boys are going to have to be conditioned like racing snakes. All the more need for strength and depth to allow for injuries, rest and changes in strategy as well as competition for places.
    crowbar6753
    crowbar6753

Post by crowbar6753 Thu May 26, 2016 5:36 pm

Surplus wrote:Agreed crowbar. Said all along we need at least 5-6 quality signings to push on.

I'm hoping a new merchandise range can be built around the new logo. Would look sweet on a black hoodie with supporters group underneath.

My other concern is fitness levels. To play a high tempo game on 3G is going to take some legs and with at least 2 other teams full time our boys are going to have to be conditioned like racing snakes. All the more need for strength and depth to allow for injuries, rest and changes in strategy as well as competition for places.

Must admit Surplus, i never really put to much thought regarding the fitness levels on a 3G pitch. I have played on a few of those pitches over here in Canada and they are great to play on and look really sharp as well. Long gone has the day when QPR used to play on that horrible artificial pitch in the early 90s. Technology has really advanced since then and i personally think it will be a great move for the club moving forward.
    Surplus

Post by Surplus Thu May 26, 2016 6:26 pm

I think your right crowbar, it will be a very good long term investment. Needs to run parallel with getting things right on the pitch and also playing catchup off the pitch with online store, new merchandise and link ups with juniors and partner organisations to raise the profile of the club.

Hopefully in the not to distant future you can get a nice town hoodie to keep you warm. It'll take the new logo a treat.
    Chips97

Post by Chips97 Fri May 27, 2016 9:05 am

Don't want to bring this up again but Brendon's interview is very interesting on the AFC Fylde website.http://www.afcfylde.co.uk/brendon-raring-go/

Just to quote a couple of key points made by Brendon...

"I knew there was interest back in January when Fylde first put a bid in, but I’ve had to wait until the end of the season for a deal to be done."
    "Harrogate wanted me to stay but what I was told at Fylde was far more positive and exciting and they really sold it to me."

Post by Guest Fri May 27, 2016 10:41 am

"I've had to wait until the end of the season for a deal to be done" aka take a nice signing on fee on a pro contract I was offered a while before the end of the season. Really makes me angry given his performance against them in the play offs. Really stood out as a notable point of the first leg. No wonder our Board seemingly don't have a good impression of them.

Don't see why he needed to say that last bit either, unless he was having a dig - of course an offer of a full time contract on 3 years is always going to be "far more positive and exciting". Why even make the comparison. Didn't really need to be said. Cheers for that Brendon......
    HTAFC Away Travel

Post by HTAFC Away Travel Fri May 27, 2016 10:55 am

Carefree wrote:"I've had to wait until the end of the season for a deal to be done" aka take a nice signing on fee on a pro contract I was offered a while before the end of the season. Really makes me angry given his total now show against them. Really stood out as a notable point of the first leg. No wonder our Board seemingly don't have a good impression of them at Fylde.

Don't see why he needed to say that last bit, unless he was having a dig - of course an offer of a full time contract on 3 years is always going to be "far more positive and exciting". Cheers for that Brendon......

Leaves a sour taste in your mouth doesn't it.

Posted on Facebook at in a way, I'm happy that our board were not held to ransom over this one. No doubt we could have matched the offer from Fylde but decided that would not be the best thing to do, and rightly so.

Yes Brendon added a lot of flair to our game and his goals contributed to our successful season. Without them, we would have been struggling to get in to the top half of the table. I do however feel that if we can use the money (Brendon's extortionate wages) to bring in a top striker, with the addition of Brooksby and Ainge, we will have a stronger team than last year. I also think the seasons, and in some cases two seasons, bonding between the players will also benefit us massively.

Jordan
    boselecta

Post by boselecta Fri May 27, 2016 2:43 pm

John Paul Pitman.Looks a great signing.
    Grimsby forum.
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Fri May 27, 2016 2:58 pm

The Brendan Daniels situation just makes me think he is an ungrateful ****, quite basically. ****** turncoat. I am going to give him a right earful. Better off without him.

The Pittman signing. Very pleased with this bit of news. Just hope he can be prolific as his past record suggests he isn't.
    Surplus

Post by Surplus Fri May 27, 2016 4:24 pm

Still want to see a some more high quality signings or long term loans like Jerry Yates coming in. Feel we are going to need a very strong squad that'll dig in for each other. Got a summer to get these guys super fit and can but pray that we get no major injuries or off field shenanigans.

Heads down tails up lads and let's hit the ground running!

Post by Guest Sat May 28, 2016 10:21 am

HTAFC Away Travel wrote:
    Carefree wrote:"I've had to wait until the end of the season for a deal to be done" aka take a nice signing on fee on a pro contract I was offered a while before the end of the season. Really makes me angry given his total now show against them. Really stood out as a notable point of the first leg. No wonder our Board seemingly don't have a good impression of them at Fylde.

Don't see why he needed to say that last bit, unless he was having a dig - of course an offer of a full time contract on 3 years is always going to be "far more positive and exciting". Cheers for that Brendon......

Leaves a sour taste in your mouth doesn't it.

Posted on Facebook at in a way, I'm happy that our board were not held to ransom over this one. No doubt we could have matched the offer from Fylde but decided that would not be the best thing to do, and rightly so.

Yes Brendon added a lot of flair to our game and his goals contributed to our successful season. Without them, we would have been struggling to get in to the top half of the table. I do however feel that if we can use the money (Brendon's extortionate wages) to bring in a top striker, with the addition of Brooksby and Ainge, we will have a stronger team than last year. I also think the seasons, and in some cases two seasons, bonding between the players will also benefit us massively.

Jordan

Yep, well will be reminding him of his no show when he returns with those coastal upstarts.

Like you say good flair (shooting and immense set piece technique) but is he able to cross? When teams double up on him his lack of Jackie Emmett dribbling does for his impact. So worth really breaking the bank for, especially when they have clearly sold him on a pro deal for a while with him having to "wait till the end of the season" to sign it. It is also debateable whether his goal scoring efforts can be replicated back to back seasons. Never really looked like being a forward either. Lets hope for another goal getter signing to compliment JPP. That Leeds lad and Denton as other have said would be appealing.
    Don't blame him really for wanting a pro deal and getting back to more regular training will help him but just wish he could have shown more effort and loyalty in the play offs, not a great way to have signed off.
    Surplus

Post by Surplus Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:48 pm

Any gossip on who else is signing or who else we want to sign? What's happening with Swain and the LB position? Another big name striker with proven track record? Sneak peek of a lower sleeve of the 16/17 home shirt?
    HTAFC Away Travel

Post by HTAFC Away Travel Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:31 pm

Home shirt not changing so I understand. New away shirt though.

Surplus

Post by Surplus Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:00 pm

Need something to feed off in the closed season doldrums HTAFC, screenshot of new online megastore, top 1/3 of new publicity posters, shot of right ear of new striker with additional photo a day for us to guess the identity, photo of new menu board, anything will do!
    HTAFC Away Travel

Post by HTAFC Away Travel Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:06 pm

Think they did something like that last season with Knowles.

Still got a few exciting signings to announce so something to look forward to.

Surplus

Post by Surplus Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:29 pm

Really hoping for a jaw dropping signing up front and some game changers elsewhere. Going to be a big season, really want to see gates going up to 800+ with a view to building for next season. Got to nail consistency this season and get a long run of games going to get the crowds out. There's certainly no option on standing still. Redevelopment of 1919 side in 17/18, but be great to be promoted before that. Need more strengthening before that though IMHO.
    crowbar6753
    crowbar6753

Post by crowbar6753 Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:06 pm

Surplus wrote:Really hoping for a jaw dropping signing up front and some game changers elsewhere. Going to be a big season, really want to see gates going up to 800+ with a view to building for next season. Got to nail consistency this season and get a long run of games going to get the crowds out. There's certainly no option on standing still. Redevelopment of 1919 side in 17/18, but be great to be promoted before that. Need more strengthening before that though IMHO.

Whilst i totally agree with you Surplus, i would love the club to pick a diamond out of the rough from the lower leagues, i'm sure there's some great young players down in these leagues who could handle this league and save us a lot of money in the process, Nathan Cartman seems like one who got away.... I'm not sure what Town's scouting network is like, but sometimes pumping more money into scouting can prove worthwhile.
    We always seem to be gunning for a high profile mercenary from the league above who are aiming for one last big payout but never really live up to all the hype.
    What about Leeds, Sheffield, Rotherham etc...i know this is something that Town have utilized in the past. I would prefer a hungry young striker who would be willing to give 100% to an ageing conference striker who is on his last legs.

Just a thought....
    Surplus

Post by Surplus Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:29 pm

Agree that players should be sourced from wherever crowbar. Hell, they can join from the local bus queue for me, as long as they get 80 + pts this season, links with academies such as Hull, Leeds etc and young players on long term loans as well as out own u21's etc , can be a blend of experience, hunger and top notch quality.
    As Aristotle once said, you can't win anything with kids, so feel you still need those players who are proven. Also putting young Un's up against some of the hairy arsed ogres other teams have in defence can be a physical mismatch. Still, in SW we trust and going to need a hungry squad this year, especially playing high tempo so plenty of cover and competition for places.
    Tommyb123

Post by Tommyb123 Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:09 pm

I don't think anybody in this league has signed a player of the stature of Jon Paul Pittman have they as yet ?? There won't be a bigger signing than that in conf north this summer. Guaranteed.
    Surplus

Post by Surplus Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:24 pm

Let's hope it's a big statement of intent and attracts other quality players to sign then!
    Tommyb123

Post by Tommyb123 Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:24 am

Which players have you seen surplus that you'd like to see ?
    GARAGE

Post by GARAGE Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:47 am

Ben Parker ex Leeds and Guiseley full back on his way
    Surplus

Post by Surplus Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:29 am

I thought Rob Cundy was superb for Gloucester against us last season but already signed up to Oxford. However, 3 captains in defence with Ellis, Ainge and Parker. SW is putting a team out!
    Tommyb123

Post by Tommyb123 Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:32 am

Yes you're right he was very good.

Post by Guest Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:24 am

Anyone know what the situation is with Rob Worrall?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 12:02 pm