Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+28
GARAGE
Town Lishke
V'
Innocent Bystander
town supporter
WGHT
ViewfromtheMoor
CaulfieldR67
TownUltra
trevdee
Dark Knight
ultimate warrior
paulstreet
TownTommo
Harry O
nobby99
Chips97
pontifex532
TheNeil29
A1 drifter
pie and chips
Gareth192001
nztownfan
Richards
thetallaccountant
developer1
rangerider
Town youth
32 posters

Weaver needs to go

trevdee
    trevdee

Weaver needs to go - Page 7 Empty Re: Weaver needs to go

Post by trevdee Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:15 pm

Craig( or Craig wannabe) looks like your side backfired! Anyone who could support the Weaver's and Plank after all the antics need to take a long hard look at themselves and probably take their blindfold off.
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:18 pm

CaulfieldR67 wrote:

Sorry, but how can I take what you say seriously when you was so drunk that you was lucky Guiseley did not ring the Police and have you arrested?

Carefree wrote:Fantastic post Mr Moor. Thank you.

The lack of perspective and the very pointed nature of defecting the blame at Jordan, who i stood near and can also confirm was not 'so drunk, just smacks of an almost Craig like smear.
    Yes it's just hit me this morning what a classic smear attempt this was, clearly by someone within or someone under the heavy influence of the club. This is exactly what we're up against folks.

Caulfield should take this back and apologise but I don't suppose they'll be back on here in a hurry.

When a manager or chairman attacks their own club's fans it only ever ends one way. This is not the first time the club have had a swipe at the support either and now they've really gone too far and they seem to be digging themselves in. There'll be no turning back now.

But what does Irving honestly expect? They knew what they were getting into, if he isn't going to sack his son no matter how badly he does then he's going to have to put up with fierce criticism. Getting nasty and heavy handed and trying to play the victims will not wash with anybody. As I've said repeatedly the tensions MIGHT ease a little if they at least came out and accepted some responsibility and admitted that things haven't been good enough but until they take that first step then things are likely to keep spiralling down. I'm not sure even results can restore their popularity now to be honest.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:18 pm

My God! The Weavers have TWO people on their side: 'Dr Who' and Mr. Caulfield or whatever his name is. By the way, I DO support the team and (most) of the players, I don't trail over from Leeds to watch my team lose, but like many fans of other teams (Newcastle United springs to mind), I am utterly disallusioned with the ownership/managerial situation, and at least they have got rid of Pardew!
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:15 pm

Probably the same person posting, or either someone who works for the Weavers.
    WGHT

Post by WGHT Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:09 pm

I think that the problem is also with McDermott (hopefully spelt right) as both of them shout two differnt things at once and confuse the players so the whole management is to blame

Post by Guest Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:59 pm

Anyone notice the picture on the homepage. Guess who?

Quite unbelievable and a total sign of the contempt being shown by individuals at the club towards its fans.

Ed White are you taking notice? BBC Radio York? Let's have some response from you guys on the deeply sad state of affairs?

Post by Guest Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:02 pm

Carefree wrote:Anyone notice the picture on the homepage.  Guess who?

Quite unbelievable and a total sign of the contempt being shown by individuals at the club towards its fans.

Ed White are you taking notice?  BBC Radio York? Let's have some response from you guys on the deeply sad state of affairs?

I think he is given the headline on the back page of the Advertiser tomorrow is 'Town Tensions build with Fans'

Post by Guest Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:06 pm

Great stuff. Hats off to him as it needs addressing.
    town supporter

Post by town supporter Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:23 am

I had a brief word with ed after the last home game. Nice fella and struck me that rather than us having a go at him, we'd be better off directing our concerns to the editor in chief as he or she is the person responsible for setting the agenda and determining what direction the paper should take, not ed. The local press has never been particularly challenging across all news items not just sport - perhaps its considered that this isn't what the average Harrogate reader is interested in. Also bear in mind the pressure irving puts on the paper to ensure he and the club receive favourable coverage - and we all know what happens if you don't agree with the weavers! Ed was very receptive to publishing a letter from fans - a coordinated response perhaps from us forum users. What do you think? Fancy starting a draft dark knight? Lets strike whilst the iron is hot though ...
    Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:26 am

Can someone please post the text from the back page of the Advertiser?
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:28 am

town supporter wrote:I had a brief word with ed after the last home game.  Nice fella and struck me that rather than us having a go at him, we'd be better off directing our concerns to the editor in chief as he or she is the person responsible for setting the agenda and determining what direction the paper should take, not ed.  The local press has never been particularly challenging across all news items not just sport - perhaps its considered that this isn't what the average Harrogate reader is interested in. Also bear in mind the pressure irving puts on the paper to ensure he and the club receive favourable coverage - and we all know what happens if you don't agree with the weavers!  Ed was very receptive to publishing a letter from fans - a coordinated response perhaps from us forum users. What do you think?  Fancy starting a draft dark knight? Lets strike whilst the iron is hot though ...
    A simple back page with Weaver Out would do for me!

Post by Guest Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:38 pm

Come on Dark Knight unleash keyboard - I am sure we could all put our names to it and also do the rounds perhaps at the next home game to get signatures. (would probably be Wetherby Road pavement as the Bouncers might object in the ground Smile )
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:48 pm

Carefree wrote:Come on Dark Knight unleash keyboard - I am sure we could all put our names to it and also do the rounds perhaps at the next home game to get signatures. (would probably be Wetherby Road pavement as the Bouncers might object in the ground Smile )
    Reading his latest comments it would clearly be a massive waste of time. He's played the smear card on Jordan again. He denounces what happened in the bar but obviously thinks the car park afters and a player having to be hauled away is fair game and acceptable.

I mean what more is there to say anyway? The Advertiser themselves really needs to be calling the club out if they consider themselves a proper newspaper rather than having a petty war of words between us and the Weavers toing and froing in the paper every week. The situation is farcical and they need to highlight that. Only in Harrogate could all of this be tolerated.

Simon will fall eventually, it's inevitable. He has no gumption whatsoever. It will just take time unfortunately.

Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:49 pm

I also have it on good authority that Simon has one of the smallest penises ever seen on a grown man.
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:52 pm

Oh and get a shave you scruffy b****rd.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:54 pm

His face is probably stuck like that because he's still on his mother's breast milk.

Bitty!

Post by Guest Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:57 pm

What are your thoughts on Ed's comments in 'The White Stuff' DK?
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:06 pm

JordanF wrote:What are your thoughts on Ed's comments in 'The White Stuff' DK?
    Not seen it yet. Does he have a dig at Simon? Plank will be crying again!

Post by Guest Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:13 pm

Dark Knight wrote:
    JordanF wrote:What are your thoughts on Ed's comments in 'The White Stuff' DK?
    Not seen it yet. Does he have a dig at Simon? Plank will be crying again!

Pretty much yeah.

Saying how fans are not happy and that it is bascially fans v club now. He says that Sunday's performance was dire and the players did not look like they knew what they were doing. Suggests that changes are needed but if Irving won't get rid of Simon/McDermott, that a third voice is needed.
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:18 pm

I wonder how they'll deal with Ed after that?

Post by Guest Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:26 pm

Not read the column yet but have read the back page and it is laughable.

You are probably correct DK but I do think Weaver's naïve comments need addressing.

At one point his ludicrous suggestion that there only a handful of us that are at him makes him sound like Gloria Estefan. And the fact that he makes out that we were venting our frustration at the players. BS mate at Guiseley it was his own failures....subsequently yes I will happily vent at the women abuser. Can't think of any other players I or many of you lot would vent at????

The way he talks about the car park incident is like the owner of a Staff bull terrier would respond to another dog owners after it has gone for them. Like Speight gets local rivalry - he clearly didn't show it when he has been on the pitch.

Love the picture they used of Weaver - I think to say he looks 'challenged' would be putting it nicely.

Post by Guest Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:30 pm

Think Ed has played it very wisely there. i.e. change won't happen but new input is. From the way the article is constructed you can see the pressure he is under not to upset the 'untouchables'. But then the wise thing to do - as it was earlier in the season to bring in someone else and possibly say cheerio to McDersplop Weaver discounts. So he only has himself to blame.

Liking the picture of two town 'faces'.

The hird town related article in there sends shivers down my spine.....Weaver already planning for 2015/16...... Smile
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:34 pm

Carefree wrote:

The hird town related article in there sends shivers down my spine.....Weaver already planning for 2015/16...... Smile
    First week in January and he's planning for next season. Talk about a lack of self awareness.
    V'
    V'

Post by V' Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:35 pm

I heard this evening that next season, the main plan is a cup and the one they are aiming for is the Whitworth Cup.
    ultimate warrior
    ultimate warrior

Post by ultimate warrior Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:52 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:53 am