Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+28
GARAGE
Town Lishke
V'
Innocent Bystander
town supporter
WGHT
ViewfromtheMoor
CaulfieldR67
TownUltra
trevdee
Dark Knight
ultimate warrior
paulstreet
TownTommo
Harry O
nobby99
Chips97
pontifex532
TheNeil29
A1 drifter
pie and chips
Gareth192001
nztownfan
Richards
thetallaccountant
developer1
rangerider
Town youth
32 posters

Weaver needs to go

Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Weaver needs to go - Page 3 Empty Re: Weaver needs to go

Post by Dark Knight Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:23 pm

I've got to say, there's 3 names on the team sheet that tell me absolutely everything as to why the same old cycle is about to happen again.
    Gareth192001

Post by Gareth192001 Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:33 pm

Which are?
    pie and chips

Post by pie and chips Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:39 pm

Oh dear, DK, it must be so disappointing that Town has won another game!!
    Never mind, I'm sure we'll lose soon, just to prove you right!!
    Why not stay in the Batcave, and shout at the mirror....then you can upset someone who cares.
    Enjoyed the game, the Club has come so far in a few years.Would we have had anything like the investment under the old regime? No.
    But.......there's another agenda, isn't there DK?
    Do you go to the games, or not? Basketball
    nobby99

Post by nobby99 Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:27 pm

Brackley turned in the worst performance I've seen at this level last week - Pannal Ash under 7's would have thrashed them.   Today we were very lucky - Stockport were far better all round, luck went our way fortunately.

Don't let a couple of fluky wins fool you, we've got some good players but they are managed by a numpty. I don't expect us to finish in the top half of the table -  which given the amount of investment and that we were favourites to win this league at the beginning of the season, is a failure.
    Chips97

Post by Chips97 Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:06 pm

What a fantastic result today! over the moon with the result! We played well in the first half with some width. Second half we got a lot of luck and Barnes was fantastic between the sticks today pulling out a double save! Mcgurk is just a class act made a great block for one of their shots! Very impressed with Nelthorpe this season looks a completely different player! Up the the town!!
    TownUltra
    TownUltra

Post by TownUltra Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:29 pm

Emotionally drained after that. Great result. Great performance first half. Battled well 2nd. Stand is mint. Solid 3 pts. Get in.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:39 am

Although it was a good result yesterday. I'm of the same opinion as Nobby. Given the investment we have had, the current situation is still unacceptable and the current manager does not have my backing. There is still a lot of improvement required in order to climb the table.
    thetallaccountant
    thetallaccountant

Post by thetallaccountant Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:58 pm

I think it was a very good performance and we deserved to win. They missed some chances but so did we. It was a very entertaining game of football which makes a pleasant change from some of the other games this season.

Performance needs to be measured over the course of the season. The management will know that with the money that's been spent that the play-offs is a fair target. Unfortunately we've given ourselves a mountain to climb by experimenting with formations and styles of play which worsened results substantially rather than improving them. Let's see whether we can climb it.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:29 am

What an afternoon! The new stand looks fantastic, and has great views of the pitch, the atmosphere was incredible (especially second half) and we WON! Yes we had to work hard, but that was to be expected. Digging out wins like that is just as important as demolishing Brackley. Barnes was magnificent, I've argued for Crook to play...er, I was wrong. Yes, they had chances but we could (should?) have had at least 2 by half time. Had to leave with 3 minutes to go, couldn't stand the tension!

Next two league games really winnable (tho' Gloucester won 3-0 away Saturday), if we can be in the top 8 or so by Christmas, the play offs are still possible.

Yes, I'm an optimist again, I'd much rather be feeling happy this morning than miserable. Lets keep this going.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:25 pm

I'm certainly feeling a little better than I did two weeks ago. But i'm keeping things firmly in perspective. We beat a poor Brackley, and if it wasnt for Barnes, Stockport would have beat us.

But saying that, I would take a scrappy 3 points every time.

I'm confident in the players ability to turn over Gloucester and Hyde, I'm just hoping Simon has swallowed a tactical manual and gets the set-ups right for both games.
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:08 pm

pie and chips wrote: agenda
    Nobody has ever said that before... What a Face

Only on this site could somebody who wants rid of a manager with a 37% win ratio be accused of having an agenda Rolling Eyes
    paulstreet wrote:What an afternoon!  The new stand looks fantastic, and has great views of the pitch, the atmosphere was incredible (especially second half) and we WON!  Yes we had to work hard, but that was to be expected. Digging out wins like that is just as important as demolishing Brackley. Barnes was magnificent, I've argued for Crook to play...er, I was wrong. Yes, they had chances but we could (should?) have had at least 2 by half time. Had to leave with 3 minutes to go, couldn't stand the tension!

Next two league games really winnable (tho'  Gloucester won 3-0 away Saturday), if we can be in the top 8 or so by Christmas, the play offs are still possible.  

Yes, I'm an optimist again, I'd much rather be feeling happy this morning than miserable.  Lets keep this going.
    That's fair enough Paul, I don't mind people enjoying good results and the new stand is bound to give people a lift and a sense of renewal but it's difficult to read what you've said there without getting an overwhelming sense of deja vu. It's not that I want to p*ss on anyone's chips it's just that we've been here so many times before that it's almost certainly going to be another false dawn. I wouldn't put it past us to be in the play off places again at some point this season but I think I said before the Brackley game something along the lines of we could beat them 10-0 and win the next 5 after that but unless the manager has had a brain transplant it will all end in tears again.

I may get a lot of stick but it would be extremely fickle of me to change my tune after a couple of wins at home.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:53 pm

To be clear, I havn't (yet) changed my views on the manager, needs more than two league wins at home to do that, but I must say I've been impressed by the attitude of the players the last two games, they are clearly committed to the cause. Doesn't look as though he has 'lost the dressing room'.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:53 pm

I think they have forged a kind of siege mentality within the playing squad and management now, due to the warranted level of criticism that has been directed their way. If they keep this 'us against the world' attitude that I believe that they seem to be displaying, then positive results will be forthcoming.

I am still fixed in my opinion on the current management. It will take more than 2 wins against a poor Brackley team, and a Stockport team that only started playing in the 2nd half to get me back on board, because lets be honest, they didnt get started in the 1st half.
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:19 pm

Imagine if Town lost on Saturday and Simon wasn't sacked immediately after...imagine if that actually happened.

Probably be 6-0 though so he'll live on for now. And forever no doubt. I see his latest column suggests he doesn't read or get bothered by what's said on the internet, I'm sure it doesn't. I mean he's not affected by his embarrassing record and failure after failure with players so why would a few anonymous words on the internet bother him even slightly? Let's face it, everything is like water off a duck's back to the bloke.
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:25 pm

Safe for another week!
    pontifex532

Post by pontifex532 Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:33 pm

Unfortunately!
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:12 pm

Another 3 points.
    Job done.
    Move on.
    A1 drifter

Post by A1 drifter Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:42 pm

Well done all the lads today. Hyde were a fairly decent footballing side. Some fantastic saves from Barnes and Luke Shiels did well alongside McGurk - could be a promising partnership. Hope Wally's injury is nothing serious. Good to hear the noise from the new stand. Drummer in good form. Come on Town!
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:00 pm

A1 drifter wrote: Hyde were a fairly decent footballing side.
    So the league's whipping boys came to Wetherby Road, played some good stuff and our goalkeeper got man of the match...hardly a ringing endorsement of where we're at is it?
    TownUltra
    TownUltra

Post by TownUltra Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:05 pm

Were you there DK?
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:22 pm

TownUltra wrote:Were you there DK?
    I'm everywhere.
    ultimate warrior
    ultimate warrior

Post by ultimate warrior Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:28 pm

i was there and i agree with DK
    TownUltra
    TownUltra

Post by TownUltra Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:14 pm

2 nil after 20, 3 nil up at HT, Walshaw off as a precaution, job done. Only to be expected they would have a few chances 2nd half. Barnes did pull off a couple of fantastic saves though.

Games like this aren't the test though, and at home generally we're fine. It's the 1-1-6 away form and light weight nature of our midfield's ball retention capabilities that is the concern. Metcalfe is a better option than Lenighan, we could do with another Featherstone though to keep moving up the table.

Good to see Louie and Rowe scoring great goals, new CB looks decent if a bit too aggressive in the box, might have been first game nerves though.

ultimate warrior
    ultimate warrior

Post by ultimate warrior Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:05 pm

Need someone with Wally this guy Speight don't look like he will score many, was 20 goals mentioned somewhere? can't see it myself

Post by Guest Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:33 pm

Once Speight gets one he will be away. ....hopefully. great goal by Rowe and the Barnes save towards the end was top flight. Great goals and saves two matches in a row at home, credit where it is due but as Ultra says it is away where the teams deficiencies are shown.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:05 am