Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+28
GARAGE
Town Lishke
V'
Innocent Bystander
town supporter
WGHT
ViewfromtheMoor
CaulfieldR67
TownUltra
trevdee
Dark Knight
ultimate warrior
paulstreet
TownTommo
Harry O
nobby99
Chips97
pontifex532
TheNeil29
A1 drifter
pie and chips
Gareth192001
nztownfan
Richards
thetallaccountant
developer1
rangerider
Town youth
32 posters

Weaver needs to go

Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Weaver needs to go - Page 2 Empty Re: Weaver needs to go

Post by Dark Knight Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:07 pm

Weavers and their cohorts are finally being found out for what they are.

The only thing that can save them now is results and as we all know the current incumbent is incapable of sustaining success on the pitch so it's not going to happen. The whole shebang is starting to unravel and people are finally becoming aware of just how shifty and underhand the jokers are prepared to be to maintain the status quo.

Censuring their facebook followers, censuring unofficial websites, censuring the local press...outrageous.

Weavers - the people are on to you and your time is running out.
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:20 pm

developer1 wrote:Thats no better than random: of a possible 3 results in a match, W/L/D, we have pretty much  1/3 wins.

I wonder what the % is for loss vs draw is over the remaing balance of matches (260 -the wins) Are we better at losing or drawing?

Played 255 Won 91 Drawn 56 Lost 108

I can't even bring myself to do the maths...it ain't pretty!
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:25 pm

I will do the calculation shortly and let you all know.

Post by Guest Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:30 pm

TheNeil29 wrote:I will do the calculation shortly and let you all know.

It is roughly Won - 35.6% Drawn - 21.9% Lost 42.3% (give or take a couple of decimal places)
    thetallaccountant
    thetallaccountant

Post by thetallaccountant Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:28 pm

...and my spreadsheet verifies that...

Laughing
    ViewfromtheMoor

Post by ViewfromtheMoor Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:16 pm

Town youth wrote:I really do hope so he needs to or must know he should have resigned by now 4 wins in 21 games with the squads we have had over those two seasons?!

Birmingham have sacked Clarke with a better record than that - but his Daddy doesn't hold the purse strings...
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:30 pm

Christ almighty, back page of the Advertiser today, what a disgrace. Plank gives Simon his backing, there will not be a "knee jerk" reaction...KNEE JERK? Stopped reading right there. Jesus effing wept. What a grade A pillock that man is.

clown
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:34 pm

Another guy out of touch with the fans
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:43 pm

rangerider wrote:Another guy out of touch with the fans
    If sacking him now constitutes knee jerk then Christ only knows what depths we'd have to plumb to get rid of these idiots. Apparently the last two seasons are the best we've ever had it. Is it any wonder we are where we are with such deluded thought and propaganda being spouted?

So here is what lies ahead for the next 5 years at least - we'll be ordinary rubbish at best. The problem is that any kind of pick up in results will now be seen as vindication for them. It's just the same old cycle. Well screw that.
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:51 pm

And I'll tell you what really p*sses me off the most about it, Simon has not once accepted any responsibility or shown even the slightest amount of regret or remorse. Not the least bit apologetic about his shameful failings. Instead he just bleats the usual garbage about "taking it on the chin" "being there to be shot at" and blaming it on high expectations...well yeah Simon you're dead right you're their to be shot at because you're an over privileged, permanent manager with absolutely no accountability and no shame.

As for the expectations? High? yes. Unrealistic? No. To blame high expectations is pathetic. If we were only mid-table, if we'd only won say 7 or 8 of our last 21 fixtures then you might, MIGHT have a point. But we're not and we haven't, we're one of the biggest jokes in football.

My God I need to go and have a lie down before I burst something Evil or Very Mad
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:07 pm

just going to go and buy the Advertiser, looks like I'll need to take a blood pressure pill before reading it.
    Richards

Post by Richards Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:55 pm

Don't panic I have an idea !!

I support Billericay Town ( actually performing worse than Harrogate this year!!) but when visiting my son in Harrogate I always try to get a match at The Town if they are at home. Believe it or not in the last 4 years I have seen Harrogate Town play about 7 or 8 times and they have never lost.

So pay me Mr Weavers salary as expenses for me to drive up from Essex for each home match with a stay at a nice hotel and the playing record will improve overnight !!!

Post by Guest Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:49 pm

Cheers Billericay Ricky. I wouldn't actually put that past plant pot and Co to do it.

As for expectations. Seems the bookies,us, walshaw etc are deluded and a relegation scrap is the new promotion push. ........FROM SECOND FABOURITES TO THIS......another banner there.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:40 pm

Hey. Seeming as we have a habit of signing people with previous convictions or ongoing legal disputes. Ched Evans is out of jail and looking for a club. Simob may as well go and piss more of daddy's money away and go for the hat trick hey!! Speight, Lenighan and Evans? Maybe 3rd time lucky as the other 2 have been shite?
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:21 pm

Well, ****** hell. I have seen the following piece in the advertiser today:

There will not be a “knee-jerk” reaction at Harrogate Town following the team’s poor start to the season, according to one of the club’s directors.

Simon Weaver has come under fire from sections of the club’s support with his side lying 18th in Vanarama North, and only two points above the relegation zone.

But the manager has received a vote of confidence from the board of directors.

Town have only won three of their 13 league games and their problems were worsened with a 2-0 defeat at Worcester City on Saturday, which saw the hosts play almost 90 minutes with an outfield player in goal (report page 103).

In failing to score on their journey south, Town have now gone three games and almost 300 minutes without a goal.

Following the defeat, several supporters voiced concerns on social media and called for a change.

One supporter wrote on the club’s Facebook page: “I expect Weaver to be gone by mid week, lots of new and decent players and very poor form. Blame lies with the manager.”

Another said: “We are now in a relegation dog fight and there is only one person we can blame for this. Attendances are going to continue to drop unless changes are made, soon.”

Managing director Garry Plant publicly backed Weaver and his assistant John McDermott to turn around the flailing team’s fortunes.

Plant told the Advertiser: “For the last two seasons we have enjoyed the excitement of vying for a play-off place.

“I would argue it has been the best time the club has ever had. That was under the management of Simon Weaver and Macca.

“It’s not a time now for knee-jerk reaction and panic. It’s solidarity. It’s working hard and getting there. We will get there.

“As a board, we believe and support Simon and Macca as much now as we did two years ago.”

Weaver, himself, acknowledged the supporters’ criticism but insisted the team’s performance would improve when injuries healed.

“You take the punches as a manager and say that’s fine. I’ll take it all on the chin,” said Weaver.

“I’m in a position to be shot at. It’s a job of responsibility and I put my own pressure on myself.

“Expectations went through the roof because of what we did over the summer. We are a victim of these expectations.

“We have shown we can produce good entertaining teams that can win football matches. But we have been hit for six with the injuries so far this year.

“It is our job to work as a squad, and as a board room, and work together and not against each other.”

He added: “When the going is tough you don’t just walk away.”

Plant rejected the idea of bringing an experienced football figure as director of football.

Asked whether there had been any targets set for the next month or a point where the board would question the management’s position, Plant said: “It’s a cliché, but we take every match as it comes.

“The aim is, can we get three points. We go match by match.”

He added: “Over the last two years, Simon and Macca’s stock has gone from strength to strength. Life and football is about ups and downs.

“This is our work. It’s a medium to long term plan. We want to get into the Conference. If anyone doesn’t believe that, think again.

“We are looking at how long is it before we can do a York City and get into Division Four, as it should be called.

“That is the plan and ambition, and Simon is at the head of that plan.”

TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:15 pm

TheNeil29 wrote:Well, ****** hell. I have seen the following piece in the advertiser today:

There will not be a “knee-jerk” reaction at Harrogate Town following the team’s poor start to the season, according to one of the club’s directors.

'Of course the directors aren't going to question Irving. They are all just yes men who like to brown nose the Chairman'

Simon Weaver has come under fire from sections of the club’s support with his side lying 18th in Vanarama North, and only two points above the relegation zone.

'What does he expect after the start to the season? A jolly pat on the back saying 'everything will be alright Simon?' don't worry about the fact you have a high wage budget, you can carry on underachieving' ****** hell, deluded bunch of idiots.

But the manager has received a vote of confidence from the board of directors.

'What a ****** surprise, it's obvious that the directors wont question anything that will offend Irving'

Town have only won three of their 13 league games and their problems were worsened with a 2-0 defeat at Worcester City on Saturday, which saw the hosts play almost 90 minutes with an outfield player in goal (report page 103).

'Which is ****** embarrassing, if you alter it to 4 in 21, not 3 of 13' stop trying to mask ****, because the smell will always get out!. The fact we couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo doesn't help'

In failing to score on their journey south, Town have now gone three games and almost 300 minutes without a goal.

'Because the only striker worthy of recognition has had enough of the joke and embarrassment that the club has become'

Following the defeat, several supporters voiced concerns on social media and called for a change.

'Obviously'

One supporter wrote on the club’s Facebook page: “I expect Weaver to be gone by mid week, lots of new and decent players and very poor form. Blame lies with the manager.”

Another said: “We are now in a relegation dog fight and there is only one person we can blame for this. Attendances are going to continue to drop unless changes are made, soon.”

'I will take a bow for the above comment'

Managing director Garry Plant publicly backed Weaver and his assistant John McDermott to turn around the flailing team’s fortunes.

'****** hell, he is as deluded as the next idiot at the club.'

Plant told the Advertiser: “For the last two seasons we have enjoyed the excitement of vying for a play-off place.

'Yeah, and we failed both times! You call it excitement, I call it a disappointment and unacceptable. With the squad and the budget we had, playoffs was bare minimum. You truly are a deluded fool'

“I would argue it has been the best time the club has ever had. That was under the management of Simon Weaver and Macca.

'**** me, what a load of ****' It has been nothing but 3 years of disappointment and underachievement'

“It’s not a time now for knee-jerk reaction and panic. It’s solidarity. It’s working hard and getting there. We will get there.

'Erm, no you wont, not with Pinky and Perky in charge. The Chuckle Brothers would have more success than those two'

“As a board, we believe and support Simon and Macca as much now as we did two years ago.”

'As a board?? That's because none of you have the balls to challenge Irving'

Weaver, himself, acknowledged the supporters’ criticism but insisted the team’s performance would improve when injuries healed.

“You take the punches as a manager and say that’s fine. I’ll take it all on the chin,” said Weaver.

'Yeah, you keep doing that, you pathetic excuse of a manager'

“I’m in a position to be shot at. It’s a job of responsibility and I put my own pressure on myself.

'If you were actually tactically competent, it might help. It is a job of responsibility, one you are failing to handle. You wouldn't know pressure if it jumped up and bit you on the nose, you are just a spoilt little rich kid anyway'

“Expectations went through the roof because of what we did over the summer. We are a victim of these expectations.

'What do you expect when you sign top notch players, that you have a habit of turning into ****?'

“We have shown we can produce good entertaining teams that can win football matches. But we have been hit for six with the injuries so far this year.

'**** me, the old injuries excuse again. What an old excuse being wheeled out once again'. That's why you have a SQUAD!!!!'

“It is our job to work as a squad, and as a board room, and work together and not against each other.”

'Well, something isn't ****** working, or you wouldn't be coming out with a comment like that, so that indicates to me there is tension!!'

He added: “When the going is tough you don’t just walk away.”

'No, you just piss more of your daddy's fortune down the pan'

Plant rejected the idea of bringing an experienced football figure as director of football.

'He obviously would, because a DOF would look at him and think, WTF do we have an MD?'

Asked whether there had been any targets set for the next month or a point where the board would question the management’s position, Plant said: “It’s a cliché, but we take every match as it comes.

“The aim is, can we get three points. We go match by match.”

'If it carries on, we wont see 3 points for a while, apart from 3 draws!'

He added: “Over the last two years, Simon and Macca’s stock has gone from strength to strength. Life and football is about ups and downs.

'This is the most deluded comment of the lot. Strength to Strength??? Are you SERIOUS?? REALLY???'

“This is our work. It’s a medium to long term plan. We want to get into the Conference. If anyone doesn’t believe that, think again.

'I don't believe it, neither do a lot of fans, and it will never happen with Pinky and Perky in charge;

“We are looking at how long is it before we can do a York City and get into Division Four, as it should be called.

'Get with the times, you moron. Its now called League 2, you are scraping the bottom of the barrel here!!'

“That is the plan and ambition, and Simon is at the head of that plan.”

'The Chuckle Brothers could come up with a better plan'

And this was our MD........no wonder we are the joke of the division. I bet other Chairman, Players and Fans are reading that and pissing themselves laughing.

Post by Guest Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:25 pm

I really don't know what Garry Plant's comments were trying to achieve.

After reading this, I was absolutely seething and this will only frustrate the fans more.

The club have dropped a clanger in my opinion allowing these comments to be published.

Last edited by JordanF on Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:37 pm

JordanF wrote:I really don't know what Garry Plant's comments we trying to achieve.

After reading this, I was absolutely seething and this will on frustrate the fans more.

The club have dropped a clanger in my opinion allowing these comments to be published.

Just another of many Jordan
    nztownfan
    nztownfan

Post by nztownfan Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:53 am

Best time we ever had was under Neil Aspin no question.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:52 am

I have seldom been more angry regarding Town than reading that rubbish yesterday. it well and truly fucked up my Thursday because I couldn't think about anything else. For whats its worth I intend to e-mail Gary Plant and reply (politely!) to this load of drivel. Also will write to the Advertiser, doubt they will print it.

Harry O

Post by Harry O Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:01 pm

The Advertiser appear to have just accepted Gary Plants rubbish without even questioning any of his statements. We certaonly are not moving forward & the managements stock has certainly fallen dramatically. When an MD comes out with this rubbish he should be taken to task not given an easy ride by the press.Absolute garbage from both sides
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:25 pm

Harry O wrote:The Advertiser appear to have just accepted Gary Plants rubbish without even questioning any of his statements.
    I have to say there's something VERY suspicious about it Suspect

I got the impression last season that Ed could see both sides of the arguments, he certainly questioned Weaver at times, and you'd think given how abysmal we've been that this season questions really might be asked but that back page reads as if he's been paid off to forget everything that's gone before and give Simon a fresh start. I wonder what they've promised him. Very disappointing. Hmmm...

Seriously someone ought to have a word with him about it.
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:52 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:39 pm

Weaver fan boys will be chirping tonight...
    Gareth192001

Post by Gareth192001 Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:41 pm

It was better but was it anything weaver said or was it old fashioned hard work not sure I will give him some credit. 5 in 25 still not good enough

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:22 pm