Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+28
GARAGE
Town Lishke
V'
Innocent Bystander
town supporter
WGHT
ViewfromtheMoor
CaulfieldR67
TownUltra
trevdee
Dark Knight
ultimate warrior
paulstreet
TownTommo
Harry O
nobby99
Chips97
pontifex532
TheNeil29
A1 drifter
pie and chips
Gareth192001
nztownfan
Richards
thetallaccountant
developer1
rangerider
Town youth
32 posters

Weaver needs to go

ultimate warrior
    ultimate warrior

Weaver needs to go - Page 4 Empty Re: Weaver needs to go

Post by ultimate warrior Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:58 am

Didn't someone say that about Kendall? well that didn't happen did it just have to hope i suppose
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:21 am

Hyde I thought were actually not at all bad, after the first 10 minutes. Hard to believe their points total to be honest. Great afternoon though, 4 good goals, great to see Dom start and score, and Swain's goal was brilliant. Still the fact that Barnes was (deservedly) man of the match i guess is a bit worrying. I wasn't wholly convinced by Barnes until recently but he has made some fantastic saves recently, changed my opinion. Noise behind the goal was good second half (loved the 'knee jerk reaction' chant!). Sheils looks promising. 7 points off 5th place so our season ain't over yet by a long chalk. Next week potentially a massive game: 3 more points and we will be pushing closer to the top 8 (where I think we need to be at Christmas), lose and its mid table again. Godd to see 506 there as well...lets get 600 on Saturday.

Oh, and we have to start winning away as well.
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:27 am

If we play like we did on Saturday Worcester will win easily.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:08 pm

Lets be realistic, in the last 4 results, Brackley were shocking, Stockport decided not to start playing until the 2nd half, Gloucester, we should have scored a hatful (enough said there) and then Hyde (Brackley Mark II).

Even with 3 wins out of the last 4, we got lucky against Stockport. Hyde and Brackley were shocking, and we should have wiped the floor with Gloucester, so I am still waiting to be convinced.

When we start getting results from teams in and around and above us, then I may start thinking differently. But even with the current results, the Ferribys, Guiseleys, Fylde's, Chorley's will still beat us easily if we perform like we have done recently. And we've already had our arses handed to us on a plate by Chorley.

I'm not getting my hopes up yet.
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:08 am

TheNeil29 wrote:Lets be realistic, in the last 4 results, Brackley were shocking, Stockport decided not to start playing until the 2nd half, Gloucester, we should have scored a hatful (enough said there) and then Hyde (Brackley Mark II).

Even with 3 wins out of the last 4, we got lucky against Stockport. Hyde and Brackley were shocking, and we should have wiped the floor with Gloucester, so I am still waiting to be convinced.

When we start getting results from teams in and around and above us, then I may start thinking differently. But even with the current results, the Ferribys, Guiseleys, Fylde's, Chorley's will still beat us easily if we perform like we have done recently. And we've already had our arses handed to us on a plate by Chorley.

Good to see the side getting some praise when they win Question
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:55 pm

Townfan wrote:
    TheNeil29 wrote:Lets be realistic, in the last 4 results, Brackley were shocking, Stockport decided not to start playing until the 2nd half, Gloucester, we should have scored a hatful (enough said there) and then Hyde (Brackley Mark II).

Good to see the side getting some praise when they win Question

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.

Its not about giving them praise, it's about being realistic in the bigger picture. The team are playing well, but it's been against opposition that we should be beating anyway with the squad we have (apart from Stockport, and we were lucky because they didnt play until the 2nd half)

The simple fact of the matter is that based on the current performances, even though the wins were convincing, unless they start producing that level of performance against the teams around us and above us in the table, the Ferribys, Guiseleys, Fylde's and Chorley's of the division will still beat us easily. And we all know what happened at Chorley.

At least I'm looking at it with a realistic point of view.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:29 am

Saturday's game will be a big test then, no-one can deny that Worcester are not a decent team (if that double negative makes sense!), so a win Saturday should really count for something.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:45 pm

We need to win on Saturday, and I expect nothing less than a commanding performance and 3 points. Anything less is unacceptable.
    A1 drifter

Post by A1 drifter Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:09 pm

I'm worried by the news today on Radio York. Looks like Wally's ankle injury may mean he's not fit for Saturday. If not, Swaine to start alongside Speight?
    TownUltra
    TownUltra

Post by TownUltra Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:53 pm

That wouldn't be ideal.

Maybe Worcester might be distracted by the FA cup on the 6th Dec?

BTW beating Stockport was a good result and performance. In my eyes at home we have nothing to prove. We have only lost 1 match in the league at home since the 26th Dec. Not a bad record in anybody's opinion surely.

It's away from home that it hasn't happened yet...
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:08 am

Stockport was a good result and a decent performance. Howeverm the simple fact of the matter is if they had come at us from the start, instead of waiting until the second half, they would have beat us. They had the chances to, unless somebody was watching a different Stockport game to me, but that is all said and done, and I hope lessons have been learnt.

We now need to provide the same, if not better level of performance for the teams around and above us and Worcester will be a good indicator, but this is a fixture I expect us to win, perform well and win convincingly.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:03 pm

Worrying that we are so dependent on one striker for goals. Lets hope Swain steps up to the plate tomorrow, scored a great goal Saturday. I quite like Speight but can't see him being much of a goalscorer to be honest. Too late to sign Cartman??? Smile
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:45 am

TheNeil29 wrote:We need to win on Saturday, and I expect nothing less than a commanding performance and 3 points. Anything less is unacceptable.
    See Worcester won 3-0 again last night. Totally unacceptable.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:04 pm

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. Something you would do well to learn.

A half decent manager with a bit of tactical knowledge would have got a result against Worcester. We have a squad on par with the Top 3 teams in this division. It is just a shame we dont have the manager to go with it, and that we have a Chairman who doesnt give a **** about his investment, because if he did, he would notice that his son isnt good enough. Pure and plain, it is nepotism at it's highest.

The difference is, if we are to climb the table to the playoffs, we need to beat the teams around us, Worcester being one of them, however, we crumbled to a pathetic 3-0 defeat.

Oh, and just to add, Worcester won 3-0, correct, but the win was against Hyde, the whipping boys of the division. We scored more past them than Worcester did. But Worcester beat us, a team that is in and around them, that's the difference.

When it boils down to it, the simple fact of the matter is that Simon Weaver is not good enough to manage this team, he should be achieving so much more with the squads he has had at his disposal over the last 3 seasons, a hell of a lot more. A half decent manager would have had us in the Conference Premier by now.

Finally, the only reason he is still in charge is that his dad is the Chairman. Anyone who thinks different is just plain deluded.

Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:23 pm

I haven't mentioned the manager. We hear the same old stuff week in week out from the gang of 4/5 which, quite honestly is boring.
    "A half decent manager with a bit of tactical knowledge", Like Coventry's, would have got a result against Worcester !!
    Last two weeks Chorley came from 2 down to just beat Hyde (whipping boys of the division) and last Saturday Hyde (whipping boys of the division) won at Tamworth.
    Guiseley have had half decent managers over the last six years and are still here.
    You don't know much about this level of football do you? Too busy with an agenda.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:32 pm

And what agenda do you think that is?

I have no agenda. I just have an opinion that the manager is not good enough to manage the club, and he is only still here becuase his dad is the Chairman. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a deluded fool.

Shocks happen in the FA Cup. Worcester beat Coventry, so what? Anything can happen on the day. Thats what makes the FA Cup special.

Chorley came from 2 down against Hyde, but they still came back and won. Hyde lost, again.

Hyde are the whipping boys of the division, fact. Apart from the odd positive result, the League Table and statistics do not lie. They have only won 1 all season, drew 4 and lost the rest, conceding over 50 goals in the process. They are 8 points from Gloucester (who also beat us by the way, 1-0)

When it comes to Guiseley, at least they are making it to the playoffs consistently. In Mark Bower, they have a manager who is tactically competent, and knows how to get the best out of his players. Has a bunch of players who will run through brick walls for their manager, oh and they are currently 2nd in the League, because they are extremely consistent. A lot more consistent than we have been in the last 3 years.

Your last line of comment is laughable Razz Razz
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:36 am

As someone who, I guess, broadly shares Neil's views about the manager, 7 wins out of 9 is impossible to ignore: including winning 'ugly' away (which all successful teams need to do), disposing of weaker opposition clinically (last night) etc. Looks like Swain needs to start Saturday in place of Speight, and pleased that the manager picked a strong team last night. Need to keep it up, Simon!
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:20 am

Yes, of course 7 wins out of 9 is nothing to be sniffed at, of course it isnt, but I look at things subjectively, and apart from Stockport, it is all teams I would expect us to beat anyway with the quality we have at our disposal. I am not underestimating the teams achievements at all, but I'd bet that Simon actually would agree with my view on this.

My view on Simon's managerial abilities will not change, I just dont think personally he is the right man to take us forward on the pitch. He has had long enough and it si obvious to a lot of fans why he is still in charge.

Off the pitch, the changes and the setup more than shows that the club is ready for the next level, but when it comes to on the pitch, I just dont think we will achieve it with Simon as manager.
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:05 pm

Stockport have only managed two away wins, their home form is the reason they are where they are. Worcester home and away are the best team we have played this season so far.
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:39 pm

paulstreet wrote: 7 wins out of 9 is impossible to ignore
    Not really. I know there's the old chestnut about you can only beat what's in front of you but we've been here before...so many times. 7 wins out of 9 would be great if there were 3 or 4 really outstanding opponents in there but I think when it comes to cr*p like the WRCC then YES, WE CAN ignore some of the results. I mean if we're counting home games against Albion Sports and Thackley as markers of progress then it's no wonder Simon has a job for life. And one thing that shouldn't be ignored here is that in amongst this "run" is a damning 3-0 defeat at home against the one really decent opponent we've played.

If we win at home against BPA on Saturday you can rest assured the usual told you so's will be back on here to proclaim it as the second coming, result of the decade, sack Weaver yer having a laugh etc etc  but anyone with an IQ higher than their age is surely not fooled by that stat. The run may continue a while but it's only a matter of time before the wheels come off again (another Guiseley double anyone?). You know it, I know it, everybody knows it...but for some surreal reason not everybody will admit it. Weaver's ability to preserve himself with these little runs when we have easy and winnable fixtures is uncanny and it's incredible that some people still haven't seen through it. Well his luck will run out eventually and then he will have no hiding places left...or then again maybe it won't because we seemed destined to just go round and round in the same cycle in perpetuity because so many people seem ok with it.

paulstreet wrote: Need to keep it up, Simon!
    I'm surprised that you seem to get so easily sucked back in Paul.
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:50 pm

Neil, one of your buddies is back with the usual boring stuff.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:04 pm

That's his opinion, but we share the same thoughts on the matter and both look at it realistically. You may not agree, and to be honest, I don't care and neither will he.

P.S
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:37 pm

PS.
    I know what your opinions are, we've had them for the past few years, I and many others are just bored with them.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:03 pm

Well, thats my opinion and i will keep reiterating it, regardless of what people think. If you don't like it, don't read it. The wheels will come off the Weaver bandwagon one day. And it won't be as long as you think.
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:05 am

How do you know how long it will be and how do you know how long I think it will be as I have never mentioned the manager? Speculation seems to be the thing with you. Do you work for a newspaper or aren't you old enough yet?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:11 pm