Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+4
paulstreet
Townfan
Johnny
Calgary HTFC Fan
8 posters

Simon Weaver !!

Calgary HTFC Fan

Simon Weaver !! Empty Simon Weaver !!

Post by Calgary HTFC Fan Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:39 pm

Hey guys,everyone seemed really upbeat after the weekends game against Fleetwood. It is now HT against Workington and we are losing again !!!!
    When will everyone understand that it is time for Mr Weaver to go !!! He was really please after Saturdays performance, but why !! we lost again, we are miles adrift at the bottom of the league and all he ever seems to do is blame the players !!! Sorry but he is the manager and the buck stops with him!! how many different players has he signed this year, they are his players and his tactics.

Do the honorable thing and fall on your sword for the good of the football club !!!
    Calgary HTFC Fan

Simon Weaver !! Empty Re: Simon Weaver !!

Post by Calgary HTFC Fan Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:54 pm

We have now lost 1-2 so i am waiting with baited breath to hear how good he thought his players were this time, but then again he might just let us all know how bad they were !!!!
    God bless yer Simon. Evil or Very Mad
    Johnny
    Johnny

Post by Johnny Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:38 pm

He stands in that dugout, all game, shouting at his players, and in the post-match interview, tells of how s**t they are.

It's time he woke up and realised how s**t he is.
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:53 pm

His post match comments after the last two games have showered praise on his players and rightly so. Yes we lost both games, but have a look at the table. Fleetwood are top and Workington are pushing for the play-offs so not easy games. Two months ago we would have shipped four or five.
    Calgary HTFC Fan

Post by Calgary HTFC Fan Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:48 pm

Maybe so, but as i have said before, footballs a results business and we are not winning games !!!! i live in Calgary so i cannot talk about the improvement at the games, so i have to rely on you guys. But it all seems like to little to late.
    I really hope i am proved wrong !!! Shocked
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:33 am

Townfan, we keep f...... losing! The point of league football is to acquire points, playing well (and we were not THAT good on Tuesday, ran out of ideas very quickly), and losing really isn't the point of the exercise. A team with Knox, Foster, Syers, Stamer etc SHOULD be better in any case. Weaver should (obviously) go, but we know he won't, nightmare scenario.
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:01 pm

Workington won by the same score AT Eastwood last Saturday. It was never going to be a doddle three points that some poster on here would have made you believe.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:00 pm

Townfan, it doesnt matter who the opposition is, regardless of whether team it is or whatever position they are in the BSN table. We need to be getting some points on the board, in order to improve our chances of getting off the bottom of the table, at least.

It is that simple. We need points.
    Big Red Machine
    Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:57 pm

But would replacing the manager at this late stage in the season really help - doubtful!
    Calgary HTFC Fan

Post by Calgary HTFC Fan Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:42 am

Sorry guys, but my main team is Reading FC, which is where i was born and bred !! But i lived in Harrogate for 12 years and followed them.
    I must admit changing a manager late in the season can be risky, but just look at Reading Fc, 9 wins in 11 matches since we replaced our manager !!!!!
    At least the new manager could do no worse than this one, just look at the stats guys !!!!!!
    What have we to lose.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:54 am

Thats very true, but the manager has a contract until the end of the season, and whilst daddy has money in the club, it wont change. We will be stuck with Weaver.

That is the most depressing thing about the whole situation at the moment, is the manager.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:58 am

On the one hand there IS little point in handing Weaver a one way ticket out of Harrogate (what a lovely thought!), because we are effectively relegated already (only external factors can save us). On the other hand, how long are good experienced managers like Neil Parsley going to be 'on the market'? Not long I would suggest. Its ironic that Bill and co. snapped up umpteen Farsley players (and I'm pleased they did), but seem to have forgotten all about the manager!

The crucial point will come at the end of the season, will Bill allow the Weaver family to effectively run the club (into the ground Shocked ), or will he assert his authority and say: 'your money is welcome, but I'm afraid your son has been given a full season to prove himself, and I'm afraid it hasn't worked out, I will NOT be renewing his contract'. If Weaver senior takes his money away, so be it, at least the club will have its independence back. The fan base has pretty well collapsed the last couple of years (400 core to about 170), how many more will drift away if next August young Weaver is still sood in the dug-out affraid

I rest my case.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:40 pm

Paulstreet, that just about sums it up, however, lets see if the Chairman has the courage to stand up and make the right decision.

If he really cared about the club, he would rid the club of the Weaver influence completely. And start with a fresh slate next season.
    Calgary HTFC Fan

Post by Calgary HTFC Fan Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:47 pm

+1 on the last two posts.
    Johnny
    Johnny

Post by Johnny Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:14 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    itk

Post by itk Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:47 pm

???
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

Post by sulphurite Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:29 am

itk wrote:???

And this means what exactly???

A bit like most of our games, pointless Surprised
    Big Red Machine
    Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:29 pm

Closing this thread now as posts are getting silly!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:14 am