Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+14
Dark Knight
Chips97
BB
nztownfan
Innocent Bystander
Harry O
rangerider
nobby99
OllieRiley
paulstreet
TheNeil29
CCOB
trevdee
iand1957
18 posters

Simon Weaver is an incompetent manager

trevdee
    trevdee

Simon Weaver is an incompetent manager - Page 4 Empty Re: Simon Weaver is an incompetent manager

Post by trevdee Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:24 pm

I disagree

Simon Weaver is an incompetent manager - Page 4 Empty Re: Simon Weaver is an incompetent manager

Post by Guest Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:28 pm

trevdee wrote:I disagree

Well I knew you would!!

Police are on their way Laughing
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:52 pm

I also disagree. We will not achieve anything on the pitch with Simon in charge, period. It has been the same for the past 4 years plus. The only way fortunes on the pitch will change is if Simon is replaced.

Post by Guest Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:56 pm

TheNeil29 wrote:I also disagree. We will not achieve anything on the pitch with Simon in charge, period. It has been the same for the past 4 years plus. The only way fortunes on the pitch will change is if Simon is replaced.

Well you can go and shove your opinion up your arse Neil.

Post by Guest Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:57 pm

That was a joke by the way Laughing
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:05 pm

Well. Mine was an opinion, and it will turn into fact. I'm sure of it, as im sure Trevdee, DK and TS. Simon has had 5 years and done **** all. It's time for him to go.
    CCOB

Post by CCOB Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:40 am

Well i'm expecting 11 points from the next 5 games, which should get us back in the mix. Anything less & i wouldn't expect us to get anywhere near the play offs. We've dropped too many points already.
    riverside

Post by riverside Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:49 am

I thought I would show how quickly another young manager in this league has faired. People on here keep saying Simon Weaver is learning his job looks like Mark Bower has learnt a lot quicker, with probably a lot smaller budget!!
    This is Simon Weavers 6th Season in charge of Town, it is Mark Bowers 2nd ( even though his first game in charge of Guiseley was 14th September 2013). Bower's 1st five games were 4 defeats and 1 draw then his next 10 league games they won 8 and drew 2 (not bad going looks like he learnt quickly). The next 21 League games they Won 13 Drew 4 and Lost 4. In total Bowers record for the League was Played 36 Won 21 Drew 7 Lost 8 ( of which 4 were his 1st 4 games ) Scored 72 Against 47 Points 70. They then beat Ferriby home and away in Play Off Semi and lost in a close Play Off Final to Alty. Not bad for your first managers job in a tough division. This season they are 8 points better off than Town after the 1st 5 games. The challenge to Weaver is can he emulate what Bower did last season and take Town on a run to get them into the play offs. History says no but Bower has shown it is possible. If he does then all will be forgotten but if they carry on in the same vain as the opening 5 games then it could be a long long season. Seems like the Forum is split on those who think he can and those who think he's no chance. Looking at the average record of the last 3 seasons the side finishing 5th needs to Win 22 Draw 11 Lose 9 For 79 Against 45 Points 75. That means that Town have to win 22 of their next 37 League games and can only lose another 6 games!! Tall order but Mark Bower has shown it can be done on approx 4-5k less per week playing budget. Over to you Mr Simon Weaver.
    nobby99

Post by nobby99 Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:11 am

The change needs to be made NOW, not wait 10, 15 games, end of Sept etc.  By then the season will have gone.  It might not make any difference, who knows, but if there is any ambition, action is needed.  

Personally I suspect nothing will change till the end of the season when both Weavers will go leaving us potless and without our new high paid recruits. Still think we'd be better off in footballing terms, if not financially.

Cheer up there's always Railway and they can't take the new stand with them (can they ? it does look like mechano that could be put away in Simon's toybox to be reassembled in his back garden... )
    OllieRiley
    OllieRiley

Post by OllieRiley Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:50 am

JordanF wrote:My biggest frustrations with the start of the season is not so much the results it's more the excuses which come from the managers mouth.

Tamworth - I thought we were good for the win and did enough to get three points.
    BPA - Deserved to get beat
    Hednesford - Dire first half but did a lot better in the second half. If he was not for a couple of error by the keeper, we would have drawn.
    Barrow - See above - deserved the draw
    NFU - Unlucky to lose and again well worth the draw.

The club seem to be placing the blame on the poor start on injuries. Every team has injuries. We have a good enough squad to do well in this league with or without injuries.

Another thing I cannot understand is why all the changes?? Cartman was brought in for BPA and not seen again. Metcalfe came on as a second half substitute against Hednesford, again not seen again. Larkin.....that was a joke. Not played a pre-season game, Kendall get injured and rather than introducing Swain (who has had a full pre-season and working relationship with the team) on comes Larkin. Taken off after 45 minutes, by Swain, and never to be seen again. Now this guy from Port Vale....45 minutes and then buggers off.

Simon is unhappy that NFU failed to put the ball out of play when Margetts was injured. Was it a foul....no. Was it a head injury.....no. Why then should NFU put the ball out of play? Will be interesting to see what happens when we are next in that position.

I am going to remain confident that we can still have a successful season based on the performance in the first five games. I do however completely agree the frustrations raised by other fans such as TS, Trevdee and Neil but I don't know whether calling for Simon's head is the right thing to do.

You're right 100 %!
    CCOB

Post by CCOB Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:37 am

riverside i'm interested to know where you get your budget figures from. How sure are you of those numbers.

Post by Guest Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:20 am

if the news is true, and Kendall, Speight, Adam, Killock, Turner and Margetts might all be available again soon, I'm looking forward to seeing our team back at full strength, not an excuse, just something I think is a massive plus.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:30 am

I also still believe that it is (just) about possible to reach the play offs, but the maths don't look good as riverside says. Needed 78 points last season, if that is repeated, then we need 76 points from 37 games, its a heck of an ask (even for a good manager like Mark Bower!). So 23 wins and 7 draws (and only 7 defeats) will do it. That' is tough.

Has to start Saturday.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:32 am

Craig. We all know it will be a massive plus, even the ones who are calling for Simon's head. But quite simply, he is not the right man for the job. He has a very decent budget over the last few years, and he didn't achieve sod all last season, and the season before that, and the season before that. I have seen enough in my 7 years of watching town and the whole of Simons tenure, that he isn't the right man for the job.

Post by Guest Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:39 am

well I just prefer to think positive Neil, and look on the bright side and the up side, not head in the sand as you say, but look at things from a different angle and view, like I said yesterday, your opinion, and Trevs too when he ain't name calling, I respect, alot, but I just don't think now is the time for Simon to go, its too easy a reaction so early into the season, and yes, with so many players down, a good manager makes do with what he has, I know this, but some of these players down are some of the best players in a town shirt and will be knocking them in when match fit and ready to go.
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:45 am

CCOB wrote:Well i'm expecting 11 points from the next 5 games
    After you with the crack pipe Cool

Post by Guest Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:50 am

Dark Knight wrote:
    After you with the crack pipe  Cool

nothing wrong with abit of hope, lets hope he is right, that would be a good return

Post by Guest Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:09 pm

CraigHurle wrote:
    Dark Knight wrote:

nothing wrong with abit of hope, lets hope he is right, that would be a good return

You did mean hope didn't you Craig? Just that it rhymes with something else which given the club's predicament might make more sense

Post by Guest Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:11 pm

town supporter wrote:
    CraigHurle wrote:
    Dark Knight wrote:

You did mean hope didn't you Craig? Just that it rhymes with something else  which given the club's predicament might make more sense

Hope not Hate, that's me, rather than Hate not Hope for you I believe.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:14 pm

CraigHurle wrote:well I just prefer to think positive Neil, and look on the bright side and the up side, not head in the sand as you say, but look at things from a different angle and view, like I said yesterday, your opinion, and Trevs too when he ain't name calling, I respect, alot, but I just don't think now is the time for Simon to go, its too easy a reaction so early into the season, and yes, with so many players down, a good manager makes do with what he has, I know this, but some of these players down are some of the best players in a town shirt and will be knocking them in when match fit and ready to go.

Well, we will have to agree to disagree. You say a good manager makes do with what he has got? well, based on current form, he isnt a very good manager (but I knew that anyway from previous seasons) or otherwise he would have done a lot better with the current set of players, injuries aren't an excuse. I do believe that if we had the likes of Mark Bower or John Deacey in charge, these types of debates wouldnt exist.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:16 pm

town supporter wrote:
    CraigHurle wrote:
    Dark Knight wrote:

You did mean hope didn't you Craig? Just that it rhymes with something else  which given the club's predicament might make more sense

TS. Absolute classic. I'm sat here, giggling like a little kid at that comment!! :-)

Post by Guest Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:22 pm

TheNeil29 wrote:
    CraigHurle wrote:well I just prefer to think positive Neil, and look on the bright side and the up side, not head in the sand as you say, but look at things from a different angle and view, like I said yesterday, your opinion, and Trevs too when he ain't name calling, I respect, alot, but I just don't think now is the time for Simon to go, its too easy a reaction so early into the season, and yes, with so many players down, a good manager makes do with what he has, I know this, but some of these players down are some of the best players in a town shirt and will be knocking them in when match fit and ready to go.

Well, we will have to agree to disagree. You say a good manager makes do with what he has got? well, based on current form, he isnt a very good manager (but I knew that anyway from previous seasons) or otherwise he would have done a lot better with the current set of players, injuries aren't an excuse. I do believe that if we had the likes of Mark Bower or John Deacey in charge, these types of debates wouldnt exist.

It's something we can't really judge on, because they are not in charge, and every manager is different and reacts differently with any new club and challenge, one of the best managers in the Premier League, Moyes, bombed at Man Utd, they are both quality managers, but I really like Simon too, I see something in him perhaps others are blind to, and before people use the excuse am only saying this because of my connection with the Club now, I said the SAME thing last season, and that is becoming tiresome, so lets get that straight now, I know you have been watching since Simons beginnings, and frustration has reached you and I respect what you have to say, but I don't agree with some of it, because it is too early in this season to judge, I will say this though, it does not mean I am going to always stick to this line, I really do not have my head in the sand, but I am more hopeful than most.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:29 pm

Moyes bombed, because he was tactically inept (like someone else we all know), he didnt command the respect of the players. He admitted during an interview that Liverpool were the favourites to beat them, alienating the majority of Man U fans in the process, he signed Marouane Fellaini (who is shite). And he missed out on European football, thats why he was sacked.

I like Simon too, a really nice bloke, but he just does not have a clue. The only reason he is still in a job is because daddy runs the club. Any other chairman would have got shot a long time ago.

You dont have to agree with what I say, as I certainly dont expect you too. But I know, and the more hardcore element of fans will all agree with my opinion. He has to go.

When you say they are both quality managers? I really hope you arent comparing Moyes and Weaver? Thats like comparing Gold to Mud. (Guess which one Simon is)

Post by Guest Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:16 pm

TheNeil29 wrote:Moyes bombed, because he was tactically inept (like someone else we all know), he didnt command the respect of the players. He admitted during an interview that Liverpool were the favourites to beat them, alienating the majority of Man U fans in the process, he signed Marouane Fellaini (who is shite). And he missed out on European football, thats why he was sacked.

I like Simon too, a really nice bloke, but he just does not have a clue. The only reason he is still in a job is because daddy runs the club. Any other chairman would have got shot a long time ago.

You dont have to agree with what I say, as I certainly dont expect you too. But I know, and the more hardcore element of fans will all agree with my opinion. He has to go.  

When you say they are both quality managers? I really hope you arent comparing Moyes and Weaver? Thats like comparing Gold to Mud. (Guess which one Simon is)

No mate, I was talking about Mark Bower or John Deacey being quality, that being said, I really rate Moyes, who should of stayed at Everton, and well, of course, Weaver too, as much as others don't rate him, some do.
    Chips97

Post by Chips97 Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:59 pm

TheNeil29 wrote:

Gold?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 12:17 pm