Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+14
Dark Knight
Chips97
BB
nztownfan
Innocent Bystander
Harry O
rangerider
nobby99
OllieRiley
paulstreet
TheNeil29
CCOB
trevdee
iand1957
18 posters

Simon Weaver is an incompetent manager

Chips97

Simon Weaver is an incompetent manager - Page 3 Empty Re: Simon Weaver is an incompetent manager

Post by Chips97 Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:47 pm

I'm reserving my judgement till after 15 games at least because then I'll have seen us play the majority of the teams. I know the current situation is not ideal and reading back on the forum from several years ago everyone knew back then! I have kept faith in Simon throughout his entire stay at the club and I honestly agree with most people's comments. It's not going to change anytime soon I suspect so at the matches lets get behind the players show them we believe in them because I bet their confidence is low. Monday was great, the support was excellent and I know the players appreciated it.

And btw yes I am only 18 but I have been supporting Town my whole life since my Dad used to take me and sit in the seats. I was there when we had to win against Corby to survive relegation! We won 5-0...! I've been through school with all the Glory supporters telling me Town are shite, but at the end of the day I just ignored them. Supporting Town is a passion for me and I love it!

On Saturday let's get behind the team and cheer them on to victory! I may travel to Lowestoft have to see how Saturday goes Wink haha UPTHETOWN....Eventually...Wink

TheNeil29 wrote:But to add to my above comment, just to prove i am a realist. I do thoroughly believe that we have one of the best pitches in non-league, and some League 2 clubs, one of the best setups off the pitch in non-league football and most importantly, we have the best Chairman in non-league football. That is fact. It is just a shame that for all the effort and investment that the Chairman and the time invested by the staff into this club, that the Chairman's son can't replicate the success off the pitch, on the pitch.
    100% agree
    trevdee
    trevdee

Simon Weaver is an incompetent manager - Page 3 Empty Re: Simon Weaver is an incompetent manager

Post by trevdee Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:50 pm

I think the key to your points is on the pitch Neil...We need to play on the pitch that has been invested in heavily.......Funny I was speaking to the longest serving Mr Harrogate Town on Monday and he agrees with me, so agrees with you also Neil...Very interesting conversation.

Post by Guest Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:51 pm

TheNeil29 wrote:
    Chips97 wrote:Who else thinks Town will make the play-offs?! I DO!

Chips, the simple fact of the matter is that we havent been in the playoffs for a long time, and it wont be this season either (as much as we would all like to see it happen, regardless of opinions).

The reason we will not be in the playoffs is the fact that Simon Weaver hasn't got a clue what he is doing and is tactically incompetent. He has proved it time and time again, and the majority of hardcore fans will agree with the majority of my opinions, and if your age is correct, a lot of these blokes will have been watching Harrogate before you were born.

The only way this club will improve on the pitch is without Simon Weaver as manager, and if all the other fans/staff/players who believe Simon is the right man for the job want to keep their heads buried in the sand, then thats their opinion.

We will not achieve anything with Simon in the hotseat, period.

If you are knocking someones opinion based on age, then mine being older than you, counts? Some people actually think we have a good chance of making the play offs, some of us dont think we'll achieve anything, but everyones entitled to their opinion, despite age, watching town for so many years or not, etc I've watched football all my life, and when I look at this side, I see hope, I see a determination and a grit to succeed, they played their hearts out on monday and didnt deserve to lose 1-0, we'll get it back and its going to be fun doing it..... I have faith in Simon not because I work for the Club, but because, like last season when I wasnt, my opinion hasnt changed, I think Simon is more than capable of geting us out of it, if the players turn up on the day and play with passion like Alty last season, we can do it, its not head in the sand, its what I believe

Post by Guest Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:52 pm

town supporter wrote:I must admit, I find it incredibly frustrating as I don’t think a great deal needs changing.  Effective structures are now in place, we’ve a decent a playing squad, we’re fortunate to have plenty of volunteers that all do a great job.  One problem – the manager can’t manage.  The appointment of Macca would ensure some continuity but at the same time he could pick up on some of the subtle changes that are required, e.g, changes to training, warm up routines (identified by IB), an established style of play that make the most of players’ strengths.  Added to that the immediate benefits of greater respect and confidence in the manager. Macca has been very loyal to the Weavers and is deserving of the opportunity to take on the role of manager. I’m convinced, that such a change could help us achieve a play off place.    

He doesn't deserve it at all. What a joke.

The guy is the senior party in this double act and just a part of the problem as Weaver is.

Given his experience he has just not either being allowed to impact or can't; and given that he has far more experience in the League etc he was bought in for a reason.

To say he has been loyal to what a tick is to cattle. Yet another free loader on the weaver gravy train, like many of the players.

Post by Guest Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:56 pm

trevdee wrote:I think the key to your points is on the pitch Neil...We need to play on the pitch that has been invested in heavily.......Funny I was speaking to the longest serving Mr Harrogate Town on Monday and he agrees with me, so agrees with you also Neil...Very interesting conversation.

mate, I was sat right near Mr Harrogate Town and he was just agreeing with the conversation. what choice did he have? did you expect a man of his age to turn around and argue the point with you on a moving coach? funny how the same person was singing the weavers praises not 5 minutes before to me about what they've brought to the Club.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:04 pm

Hahaha Craig you think that was the whole conversation keep your fooking nose out of other people's conversation.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:08 pm

CraigHurle wrote:
    TheNeil29 wrote:

Chips, the simple fact of the matter is that we havent been in the playoffs for a long time, and it wont be this season either (as much as we would all like to see it happen, regardless of opinions).

The reason we will not be in the playoffs is the fact that Simon Weaver hasn't got a clue what he is doing and is tactically incompetent. He has proved it time and time again, and the majority of hardcore fans will agree with the majority of my opinions, and if your age is correct, a lot of these blokes will have been watching Harrogate before you were born.

The only way this club will improve on the pitch is without Simon Weaver as manager, and if all the other fans/staff/players who believe Simon is the right man for the job want to keep their heads buried in the sand, then thats their opinion.

We will not achieve anything with Simon in the hotseat, period.

If you are knocking someones opinion based on age, then mine being older than you, counts? Some people actually think we have a good chance of making the play offs, some of us dont think we'll achieve anything, but everyones entitled to their opinion, despite age, watching town for so many years or not, etc I've watched football all my life, and when I look at this side, I see hope, I see a determination and a grit to succeed, they played their hearts out on monday and didnt deserve to lose 1-0, we'll get it back and its going to be fun doing it..... I have faith in  Simon not because I work for the Club, but because, like last season when I wasnt, my opinion hasnt changed, I think Simon is more than capable of geting us out of it, if the players turn up on the day and play with passion like Alty last season, we can do it, its not head in the sand, its what I believe

Craig, I am not knocking his opinion and I am certainly not knocking his age. Your opinion does count also. I do think some of your posts have real points to them, but then I do disagree with some of your points (as I'm sure you do with the points of me, Trevdee, DK and TS to name just 4 supporters).

The simple fact of the matter is that we all have different opinions, but the one same opinion we all have is that we do want the club to be successful on the pitch, as it is, off the pitch.

The difference is that you think Simon is the right man for the job, I dont think he is. Look at what he has achieved since he has been in charge, nothing apart from a decent cup run and a few mickey mouse pots (1 of which we were lucky to win). Statistics dont lie. He is not the man for the job, and whilst he is in charge, we wont achieve anything, and only so much improvement can be made off the pitch, before it is expected to be replicated on the pitch.

I am a fair person and I respect all opinions, and I am more than happy to discuss my opinions, but the simple fact of the matter is we wont achieve any success on the pitch whilst Simon is in charge.

Last edited by TheNeil29 on Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:09 pm

trevdee wrote:Hahaha Craig you think that was the whole conversation keep your fooking nose out of other people's conversation.

actually more like what he said to me after you sat down, and at least I dont resort to abuse, again. you was stood over a 80 year old guy on a moving coach, I only asked him if he was ok, and he smiled and chatted to me to say he was, and not to worry, I could go on, but for peaces sake, I wish you wouldnt assume the best way to talk to me, is to talk down to me, I respect you, how about some of the same?
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:12 pm

Would anyone on this forum or who stands in CNG week in week out appoint Simon if they took over the running of Harrogate Town football club? Or would anyone appoint Simon to run their business? The answer would be categorically no! Maybe Irving is scared that if he fires Simon he will have to appoint him to his actual day to day money making business to give him an income ha
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:15 pm

CraigHurle wrote:
    trevdee wrote:Hahaha Craig you think that was the whole conversation keep your fooking nose out of other people's conversation.

actually more like what he said to me after you sat down, and at least I dont resort to abuse, again. you was stood over a 80 year old guy on a moving coach, I only asked him if he was ok, and he smiled and chatted to me to say he was, and not to worry, I could go on, but for peaces sake, I wish you wouldnt assume the best way to talk to me, is to talk down to me, I respect you, how about some of the same?

Sorry Fwend!

Post by Guest Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:18 pm

trevdee wrote:Would anyone on this forum or who stands in CNG week in week out appoint Simon if they took over the running of Harrogate Town football club? Or would anyone appoint Simon to run their business? The answer would be categorically no! Maybe Irving is scared that if he fires Simon he will have to appoint him to his actual day to day money making business to give him an income ha

You are assuming most peoples answers would be no, not mine. And although some people agreed with me, they wont reply on here, for the way others have been treated for having a different opinion, so far, I've been told to piss off, foook off, etc and abused any chance possible, it aint on. People have different opinions, people need to show some respect for that, Trev, I respect your opinion so much, I really do, I know how passionate you are about football and know how intelligent your football knowledge is, like Neil and Paul etc, but others on here have agendas and are recycling the same rubbish as before, not based on football, but personality and the person itself.

Post by Guest Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:26 pm

trevdee wrote:
    CraigHurle wrote:

Sorry Fwend!

I know you dont rate my opinion because you see me as weak, and you resort to taking the piss because you say I am a easy target, I am not the harden drinker, and big mouth supporter, who sings so loud his lungs break, but I am every bit as passionate about football, about this team, about the fans like you and me, about life itself, as you are, so if you want to keep knocking me, and putting me down, and taking the piss at me, because 'I am a easy target' go ahead.... it wont bother me, it dosent bother me, and if I did, I wouldnt be sitting on the same coach risking piss take, with my son I must add, I wouldnt be going at all, I'd hide away and dare not speak, so if you want to baby talk me Fwend, go on, be my guest, I still respect you, and still want to talk to you, and to show my son, name calling might hurt, but it dosent stop us going on with our lives
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:13 pm

Simon has got his UEFA coaching licence now right? As I've said before, no biggie, having a driver's licence doesn't make someone a good driver. However I think if Simon had any gumption he'd call time on his tenure at Harrogate Town and realise it's time to have a go at making it in football under his own steam. There's loads of people out there with coaching badges but Simon does have the advantage of 5 years experience under his belt as a manager. If he really wants to make a career for himself in football and at a much higher level, he should be looking to try and land a coaching role a couple of tiers up and then take it from there. He's an affable guy and he just about still has youth on his side but like I say, with the added bonus of some decent experience on his CV. I'm certain he'd get a gig somewhere. The longer he stays at Town now, the more damage he does to his future prospects in my opinion. It's time for the umbilical cord to be cut.

Post by Guest Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:50 pm

CraigHurle wrote:
    trevdee wrote:Would anyone on this forum or who stands in CNG week in week out appoint Simon if they took over the running of Harrogate Town football club? Or would anyone appoint Simon to run their business? The answer would be categorically no! Maybe Irving is scared that if he fires Simon he will have to appoint him to his actual day to day money making business to give him an income ha

You are assuming most peoples answers would be no, not mine. And although some people agreed with me, they wont reply on here, for the way others have been treated for having a different opinion, so far, I've been told to piss off, foook off, etc and abused any chance possible, it aint on. People have different opinions, people need to show some respect for that, Trev, I respect your opinion so much, I really do, I know how passionate you are about football and know how intelligent your football knowledge is, like Neil and Paul etc, but others on here have agendas and are recycling the same rubbish as before, not based on football, but personality and the person itself.

I seem to think you enjoy the attention that comes from adopting a victim complex and your claims about been bullied on the forum, which as far as I’m concerned are complete and utter nonsense. Making such claims though ensures you gain the attention of others which you quite enjoy. I could choose to ignore your posts but then there’s the issue that by isolating you from the debate, you could argue that this is another form of bullying, and so we go on. The upshot is that if you didn’t post such drivel about me having a hidden agenda and not having the interests of the club at heart then I may actually begin to take you seriously.

Post by Guest Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:19 pm

town supporter wrote:
    CraigHurle wrote:

I seem to think you enjoy the attention that comes from adopting a victim complex and your claims about been bullied on the forum, which as far as I’m concerned are complete and utter nonsense. Making such claims though ensures you gain the attention of others which you quite enjoy.  I could choose to ignore your posts but then there’s the issue that by isolating you from the debate, you could argue that this is another form of bullying, and so we go on.  The upshot is that if you didn’t post such drivel about me having a hidden agenda and not having the interests of the club at heart then I may actually begin to take you seriously.  

Did I mention bullying? huh? did I? No! I didn't. But you are the first to run your potty mouth with abuse and name calling when you can't handle a difference of opinion, or the fact you havent run me out of this forum, like you have many before now, yes, I know this, they've told me in the ground itself, telling me to piss off only keeps me wanting to stay more, and since YOU mentioned bullying, then yes, it is a form of bullying, using aggressive tones to force your opinion onto others, and verbally bash them when they don't by trying to belittle them with word play. TS, I dont respect your opinion because your opinion is based on the same tosh since 2010 when Weaver was starting out, and that you disappear when things are going good, you feed on negative cycles and drama, I respect everyones opinions, but yours, nope, not now, not never, because anyone who uses foul language to get their point across and attempts to make people look small, so you look like a big man, aint worth my time or respect, I dont care if I am a single voice to speak out against you, knowing you have run other people off, but the line stops here, I aint leaving, my opinion counts too, and if you want to keep swearing that potty mouth off, hiding behind your username, go ahead, you know me, you know who I am. say what you want, your words mean nothing to me.
    OllieRiley
    OllieRiley

Post by OllieRiley Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:30 pm

I do too, and with a decent cup run! Its been a terrible few weeks but I still have faith in the team & management despite the false start.

Post by Guest Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:44 pm

OllieRiley wrote:
    I do too, and with a decent cup run! Its been a terrible few weeks but I still have faith in the team & management despite the false start.

Good for you mate! agree with you.
    thetallaccountant
    thetallaccountant

Post by thetallaccountant Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:56 pm

We certainly won't make the play offs unless the decision-making from the management improves. Sure we have had some bad luck with injuries recently but it is in tough times that good managers distinguish themselves from poor ones.

I am afraid that signing players at the last minute, playing them for a few minutes then discarding them will do absolutely nothing for dressing room morale.

Also, responding to going 1-0 down by bringing on an overweight centre back up front for us to welly the ball in the general direction of just smacks of blind panic.

So, not too optimistic at present!

Post by Guest Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:36 pm

CraigHurle wrote:
    trevdee wrote:
    CraigHurle wrote:

Sorry Fwend!

I know you dont rate my opinion because you see me as weak, and you resort to taking the piss because you say I am a easy target, I am not the harden drinker, and big mouth supporter, who sings so loud his lungs break, but I am every bit as passionate about football, about this team, about the fans like you and me, about life itself, as you are, so if you want to keep knocking me, and putting me down, and taking the piss at me, because 'I am a easy target' go ahead.... it wont bother me, it dosent bother me, and if I did, I wouldnt be sitting on the same coach risking piss take, with my son I must add, I wouldnt be going at all, I'd hide away and dare not speak, so if you want to baby talk me Fwend, go on, be my guest, I still respect you, and still want to talk to you, and to show my son, name calling might hurt, but it dosent stop us going on with our lives

Think I may add this to my CV Laughing
    Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:39 pm

We are going to name the corner of the 1919 venue bar after you Jordan!
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:01 pm

I think after you fell over Jordan I was officially the last man standing I do believe

Post by Guest Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:03 pm

JordanF wrote:
    CraigHurle wrote:
    trevdee wrote:
    CraigHurle wrote:

Sorry Fwend!

Think I may add this to my CV Laughing

I think we can all learn alittle from you Jordan, one of the best ones out there.

Post by Guest Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:04 pm

My biggest frustrations with the start of the season is not so much the results it's more the excuses which come from the managers mouth.

Tamworth - I thought we were good for the win and did enough to get three points.
    BPA - Deserved to get beat
    Hednesford - Dire first half but did a lot better in the second half. If he was not for a couple of error by the keeper, we would have drawn.
    Barrow - See above - deserved the draw
    NFU - Unlucky to lose and again well worth the draw.

The club seem to be placing the blame on the poor start on injuries. Every team has injuries. We have a good enough squad to do well in this league with or without injuries.

Another thing I cannot understand is why all the changes?? Cartman was brought in for BPA and not seen again. Metcalfe came on as a second half substitute against Hednesford, again not seen again. Larkin.....that was a joke. Not played a pre-season game, Kendall get injured and rather than introducing Swain (who has had a full pre-season and working relationship with the team) on comes Larkin. Taken off after 45 minutes, by Swain, and never to be seen again. Now this guy from Port Vale....45 minutes and then buggers off.

Simon is unhappy that NFU failed to put the ball out of play when Margetts was injured. Was it a foul....no. Was it a head injury.....no. Why then should NFU put the ball out of play? Will be interesting to see what happens when we are next in that position.

I am going to remain confident that we can still have a successful season based on the performance in the first five games. I do however completely agree the frustrations raised by other fans such as TS, Trevdee and Neil but I don't know whether calling for Simon's head is the right thing to do.
    Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:11 pm

Well said Jordan

Post by Guest Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:13 pm

JordanF wrote:My biggest frustrations with the start of the season is not so much the results it's more the excuses which come from the managers mouth.

Tamworth - I thought we were good for the win and did enough to get three points.
    BPA - Deserved to get beat
    Hednesford - Dire first half but did a lot better in the second half. If he was not for a couple of error by the keeper, we would have drawn.
    Barrow - See above - deserved the draw
    NFU - Unlucky to lose and again well worth the draw.

The club seem to be placing the blame on the poor start on injuries. Every team has injuries. We have a good enough squad to do well in this league with or without injuries.

Another thing I cannot understand is why all the changes?? Cartman was brought in for BPA and not seen again. Metcalfe came on as a second half substitute against Hednesford, again not seen again. Larkin.....that was a joke. Not played a pre-season game, Kendall get injured and rather than introducing Swain (who has had a full pre-season and working relationship with the team) on comes Larkin. Taken off after 45 minutes, by Swain, and never to be seen again. Now this guy from Port Vale....45 minutes and then buggers off.

Simon is unhappy that NFU failed to put the ball out of play when Margetts was injured. Was it a foul....no. Was it a head injury.....no. Why then should NFU put the ball out of play? Will be interesting to see what happens when we are next in that position.

I am going to remain confident that we can still have a successful season based on the performance in the first five games. I do however completely agree the frustrations raised by other fans such as TS, Trevdee and Neil but I don't know whether calling for Simon's head is the right thing to do.

THIS! post of the day

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 1:46 am