Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+14
Dark Knight
Chips97
BB
nztownfan
Innocent Bystander
Harry O
rangerider
nobby99
OllieRiley
paulstreet
TheNeil29
CCOB
trevdee
iand1957
18 posters

Simon Weaver is an incompetent manager

BB

Simon Weaver is an incompetent manager - Page 9 Empty Re: Simon Weaver is an incompetent manager

Post by BB Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:37 am

Look fellas, don't get me wrong..but can't you take this on to 'facetwittersphere' or whatever it is.

I've skipped the last few pages and it still the same stuff going on.
    TheNeil29

Simon Weaver is an incompetent manager - Page 9 Empty Re: Simon Weaver is an incompetent manager

Post by TheNeil29 Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:46 am

BB. I think it is all done now anyway.

Dont think we will see much more on this thread.
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:55 am

BB wrote:Look fellas, don't get me wrong..but can't you take this on to 'facetwittersphere' or whatever it is.

Or you could try and steer the thread back on topic by minding your own business and posting some actual views on the subject.

Seems to be a number of people on here who's only contribution to this forum is to stick their beaks in. Hardly anyone actually has anything to say or add to the debate about Town. This is one of the strangest football forums I've ever seen. It's all just petty point scoring. Myself and TS get accused of ridiculous things like wanting Town to lose or having an anti-weaver agenda but now that quite a few more have nailed their colours to the same mast as us perhaps it's time for some proper discussion on the topic instead of just having a pop and slinging accusations at us. The pattern on here hasn't gone unnoticed. Somebody criticises the manager or suggests it might be time for a change, this is then met with childish and simple responses like "ooh you're just haters" or "Believe me, Town will turn things round, you'll just have to wait and see" and then when myself or Neil, TS, Paul, RR or Trev counter that with some actual evidence and back up our arguments with valid points it's met with this "You're just a negative nelly, Oooh some people seem happy when we lose, you all go quiet when we win" type nonsense. When in fact the opposite is true, some posters only come on here when we win and they clearly only do that just to be smug with their one line posts usually along the lines of "Oooh it's a bit quiet on here tonight" and "Sack the manager? You're having a laugh". It would be great if one of those Weaver fanboys actually came on here after we've lost and made a really strong case, using facts and counter arguments as to why Town should stick with Simon and why one day we'll be successful under him, other than just gut feeling and blind faith bluster. Trouble is whenever I ask for this, it's not forthcoming, everyone does a runner, presumably because it is nigh on impossible to make a credible argument for carrying on much longer with the current manager.

I know what will happen though. Simon will get some much needed results, buy himself some more time, then the laughing Larrys will return briefly, full of it and feeling they've been proven right, they will once again start to believe and then bang! We'll crash and burn again. Then in the summer 15 players will leave (all being slagged off as they go) and 15 new "saviours" will be proclaimed on here and off we go again. How do I know this will happen? Because it's what always happens.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:06 pm

Dark Knight wrote:
    BB wrote:Look fellas, don't get me wrong..but can't you take this on to 'facetwittersphere' or whatever it is.

Or you could try and steer the thread back on topic by minding your own business and posting some actual views on the subject.

Seems to be a number of people on here who's only contribution to this forum is to stick their beaks in. Hardly anyone actually has anything to say or add to the debate about Town. This is one of the strangest football forums I've ever seen. It's all just petty point scoring. Myself and TS get accused of ridiculous things like wanting Town to lose or having an anti-weaver agenda but now that quite a few more have nailed their colours to the same mast as us perhaps it's time for some proper discussion on the topic instead of just having a pop and slinging accusations at us. The pattern on here hasn't gone unnoticed. Somebody criticises the manager or suggests it might be time for a change, this is then met with childish and simple responses like "ooh you're just haters" or "Believe me, Town will turn things round, you'll just have to wait and see" and then when myself or Neil, TS, Paul, RR or Trev counter that with some actual evidence and back up our arguments with valid points it's met with this "You're just a negative nelly, Oooh some people seem happy when we lose, you all go quiet when we win" type nonsense. When in fact the opposite is true, some posters only come on here when we win and they clearly only do that just to be smug with their one line posts usually along the lines of "Oooh it's a bit quiet on here tonight" and "Sack the manager? You're having a laugh". It would be great if one of those Weaver fanboys actually came on here after we've lost and made a really strong case, using facts and counter arguments as to why Town should stick with Simon and why one day we'll be successful under him, other than just gut feeling and blind faith bluster. Trouble is whenever I ask for this, it's not forthcoming, everyone does a runner, presumably because it is nigh on impossible to make a credible argument for carrying on much longer with the current manager.

I know what will happen though. Simon will get some much needed results, buy himself some more time, then the laughing Larrys will return briefly, full of it and feeling they've been proven right, they will once again start to believe and then bang! We'll crash and burn again. Then in the summer 15 players will leave (all being slagged off as they go) and 15 new "saviours" will be proclaimed on here and off we go again. How do I know this will happen? Because it's what always happens.

DK. I couldnt have put it better myself. Hit the nail right on the head.

Post by Guest Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:14 pm

Dark Knight wrote:

DK - I completely understand what you are saying but to me, this type of post is just as bad as what Craig was saying.

I have not been following Town as long as you guys and I will openly admit that. I also believe that everyone on this forum wants Town to do well and I thought Craig was wrong for what he wrote about you and TS. What people find hard on here, is excepting that everyone has a differing opinion on what is best for the club, and a debate often turns in to a slagging match.

I am currently split on what I think is best for the club. At the moment we have a manager, whose record is not great, and season after season we fail to meet expectations. On the flip side, we have probably the best owner in the league and he wants the club to achieve great things on and off the pitch, with Simon as the manager. If Simon leaves, so will Irving, and think he has openly admitted that.

My worry is about what would happen next. This is unknown and something that no one can predict. The grass is not always greener. I personally think that this is why people don't want to join the 'weaver out' camp and continue to support the current regime.

This thread is not aimed at anyone and I really enjoy reading contributions from both you and TS and whilst I don't always agree with things, I realise that everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Post by Guest Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:23 pm

JordanF wrote:
    Dark Knight wrote:

DK - I completely understand what you are saying but to me, this type of post is just as bad as what Craig was saying.

I have not been following Town as long as you guys and I will openly admit that. I also believe that everyone on this forum wants Town to do well and I thought Craig was wrong for what he wrote about you and TS. What people find hard on here, is excepting that everyone has a differing opinion on what is best for the club, and a debate often turns in to a slagging match.

I am currently split on what I think is best for the club. At the moment we have a manager, whose record is not great, and season after season we fail to meet expectations. On the flip side, we have probably the best owner in the league and he wants the club to achieve great things on and off the pitch, with Simon as the manager. If Simon leaves, so will Irving, and think he has openly admitted that.

My worry is about what would happen next. This is unknown and something that no one can predict. The grass is not always greener. I personally think that this is why people don't want to join the 'weaver out' camp and continue to support the current regime.

This thread is not aimed at anyone and I really enjoy reading contributions from both you and TS and whilst I don't always agree with things, I realise that everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Still waiting for some form of apology from you Jordan for the breach in private and personal information, because all I have had so far is nothing but angry denials and refusal to recognise what happened on here last night was totally out of order, a third party should not be using personal information given to him by you for his own ends, I only discussed the matter with you as you are in charge of coach travel, and I believe, someone to be trusted with personal concerns and private emails. Getting angry with me last night was the wrong course of action for the appalling break down of trust.
    Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:43 pm

I think everyone should chill out and get ready for tomorrow's game!

Post by Guest Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:05 pm

I know Craig and you ain't getting one. I'm done with your crap. Spouting rubbish about me and calling me a liar. You suggested in a previous post that you had been talking to others about me. You have done enough damage and I really can't be arsed with this crap. Especially from someone like you. I will speak with Ged tomorrow but from here on, I am done with away travel. Perhaps someone you trust can run it. You on the other hand can sod off on the players coach and brown nose the players and staff who I must add, also take the piss out of you.

Post by Guest Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:17 pm

JordanF wrote:I know Craig and you ain't getting one. I'm done with your crap. Spouting rubbish about me and calling me a liar. You suggested in a previous post that you had been talking to others about me. You have done enough damage and I really can't be arsed with this crap. Especially from someone like you. I will speak with Ged tomorrow but from here on, I am done with away travel. Perhaps someone you trust can run it. You on the other hand can sod off on the players coach and brown nose the players and staff who I must add, also take the piss out of you.

All I asked is for a apology for putting my son at further risk, and releasing a private & personal email/information, which was used on here last night by one of your drinking friends. But you just constantly get angry with me, for something released on here last night by your mate which you should not have released, considering the implications, and how it was used on here. It shows me a great deal what kind of person you are that your refusal to recongise the danger of what happened last night on a public forum leads to anger on your part, and no apology. Also, using the players and staff at the Club to boost your ego in attacking on here ain't on. I have to go on either the players, or supporters coach, with my son, and any parent needs reassurances they will be safe and not subject to any confrontations.

All I asked was for a apology, not abuse, not anger, and not more name calling. and at least, some realisation of the mistake made by you? I would be apologise all over for such a break down in trust. thats all I am upset about and I have that right to feel upset.
    BB

Post by BB Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:22 pm

i]Dark Knight wrote:
    BB wrote:
    Look fellas, don't get me wrong..but can't you take this on      to 'facetwittersphere' or whatever it is.

Seems to be a number of people on here who's only contribution to this forum is to stick their beaks in. Hardly anyone actually has anything to say or add to the debate about Town.
    [/i]..........................

Dark Knight

I was posting my views on the subject...the subject being your's/Craig's/other's posts to each other...the actual topic of Simon's competency hasn't been mentioned for 80+ posts.

And just because I don't post very often doesn't mean that my opinions arent particularly incisive and relevant  (..I'm joking...before someone jumps in)

Anyway, my thoughts about the management have been pretty much covered by others on here, and I don't think a comment from me is going to stop the feuding.
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:26 pm

Congrats to all this topic has now made it way to 2nd on the all time list of most active topics on this forum.. closing in on "Transfers Thread 2013/2014"...

trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:29 pm

TS isn't a fooking hitman Craig, how the hell did what I say put you in danger anyhow? Are you really living in such fantasy world that you thought TS wanted to kidnap your son? come on what is it, where was the danger?

You spend too much time cabbaging on the computor, get out of your house and get some fresh air. Stop showing yourself up for the fool that you are and bloody move on, have some flaming dignity.

Tonight perhaps put your flaming son to bed at a reasonable time and don't bloody use him as a weapon to try and emotionally blackmail everyone here. Reality check now Craig, I messaged you and said you need to now keep this crap off here, but no you just can't help yourself. Well you are pathetic, your not a man, If i read what you wrote having not seen you I would think you was a women. And that my son is not bully tactics, that is me saying how it flaming is...

A combination of you and Simon at the club, Simon sprouting his lies, your sprouting your rubbish is going to damn well lose the club a chunk of the much needed support, you have already buggered up the away support....anymore for anymore Craig?

Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:45 pm

JordanF wrote:

Fair enough this Jordan and it's really at the heart of the matter if we're all honest isn't it?

My feelings about it have always been the same, we're in this unfortunate predicament that we're seemingly beholden to the chairman and it's not healthy. I know from speaking to others outside of here that this concern is very much at the forefront of why many people are loathed to call for a change. The only thing I can really say to that is, as long as the current set up is maintained we will always have this hanging over our head. It's why I think that the whole situation has been practically unworkable from day one. Ultimately though, Irvin WILL will move on at some point and as TS covered quite eloquently in another thread, I don't think we're in such a state that we couldn't cope if Irving called it quits. We're a pretty attractive proposition at this level. And again I go back to what I was saying earlier about succeeding, if the budget is lowered then we'll just have to punch above our weight. But right now we are neither doing that or meeting expectations on a decent budget. Also Irving has constantly talked about sustainability. So if what we are doing now is unsustainable without his input then he's basically going against his own policies. This hope of average gates of 700+ is unlikely to happen unless we get promotion. So the way I see the overall picture at the moment is we are just going around in circles. If we are going to achieve something then it's clear to me that SOMETHING has to change.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:51 pm

Dark Knight wrote:
    JordanF wrote:

Fair enough this Jordan and it's really at the heart of the matter if we're all honest isn't it?

My feelings about it have always been the same, we're in this unfortunate predicament that we're seemingly beholden to the chairman and it's not healthy. I know from speaking to others outside of here that this concern is very much at the forefront of why many people are loathed to call for a change. The only thing I can really say to that is, as long as the current set up is maintained we will always have this hanging over our head. It's why I think that the whole situation has been practically unworkable from day one. Ultimately though, Irvin WILL will move on at some point and as TS covered quite eloquently in another thread, I don't think we're in such a state that we couldn't cope if Irving called it quits. We're a pretty attractive proposition at this level. And again I go back to what I was saying earlier about succeeding, if the budget is lowered then we'll just have to punch above our weight. But right now we are neither doing that or meeting expectations on a decent budget. Also Irving has constantly talked about sustainability. So if what we are doing now is unsustainable without his input then he's basically going against his own policies. This hope of average gates of 700+ is unlikely to happen unless we get promotion. So the way I see the overall picture at the moment is we are just going around in circles. If we are going to achieve something then it's clear to me that SOMETHING has to change.

Quite right too DK and who is to say with placing Gary Plant in the MD spot the plans are not already been formulated behind the scenes. I have a suspicion that Irving has said one last season, I will throw money in but it will be my last. Plenty of people in Harrogate who may give it a shot perhaps

Post by Guest Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:56 pm

trevdee wrote:TS isn't a fooking hitman Craig, how the hell did what I say put you in danger anyhow? Are you really living in such fantasy world that you thought TS wanted to kidnap your son? come on what is it, where was the danger?

You spend too much time cabbaging on the computor, get out of your house and get some fresh air. Stop showing yourself up for the fool that you are and bloody move on, have some flaming dignity.

Tonight perhaps put your flaming son to bed at a reasonable time and don't bloody use him as a weapon to try and emotionally blackmail everyone here. Reality check now Craig, I messaged you and said you need to now keep this crap off here, but no you just can't help yourself. Well you are pathetic, your not a man, If i read what you wrote having not seen you I would think you was a women. And that my son is not bully tactics, that is me saying how it flaming is...

A combination of you and Simon at the club, Simon sprouting his lies, your sprouting your rubbish is going to damn well lose the club a chunk of the much needed support, you have already buggered up the away support....anymore for anymore Craig?

you can camouflage what happened on here last night with more angry man posts as much as you want Trev, and yes, I accepted your apology in a private mail, but I am entitled to a apology from Jordan and not the big man gets angry messages I am getting from both him, and now again, you. I would however ask you to step away using my son as your personal verbal basher on me, my son goes to bed early, but its the school holidays and we was working on a project together for School on his return, as for keeping my crap off here, if you hadn't used my personal concerns to Jordan on here last night, none of this fall out would of happened, so please stop projecting this back onto me, and yes, I am a man, just because I don't drink until I can't walk or talk without falling over dosen't make me less of a man, you are a passive aggressive bully Trevor and also cabbaging on the computer? I'm media work which takes me from my home to places like London, Cardiff and have panels across the country, Most of my work is from home, because my wife looks after her disabled mum, who needs constant care, myself? I have look after the kids in the holidays and do the school runs, help with home work, do the teas etc, I AM HERE FOR MY KIDS, thats not being a cabbage, thats being a dad and a very good man thankyou very much sir. Now I mentioned the police last night, and they called this morning, and advised to forward everything that has happened to people who can help sort this out, I should not be worrying over my sons safety at home or away games from the likes of you, and personal information should not be used by you to score cheap points on a public forum, I am asking Jordan for a apology based on his response to what happened on here, and releasing private mails to you, for you to mock me with, thats my right and I feel it needs a proper apology.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:59 pm

zzzzzzzzzzz

Post by Guest Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:12 pm

I'd possibly be the least sinister and least intimidating hitman you could wish to meet! Craig you should join me in the political environment in which I work - no matter how hard I try I'm not sure I'll ever be able to spin a line quite like your good self! In future I won't respond to your posts - hopefully that puts your mind at rest as it's clear my posts do you little good.

Cheers

TS
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:36 pm

Well well it appears according to Craig that the club are addressing the situation between me and him as we speak. And the club bans me for speaking out on a public forum?? Well I will want a refund on my season ticket for starters and I don't think it will do any good in terms of future support for the club so if the club want to believe your tripe then so be it.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:38 pm

and Craig where is my visit from the police, Im in patient, they can get my address from the club......You haven't got a clue hahahaha

Post by Guest Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:46 pm

The Police, and the Club have advised me to no longer comment on here. I respect that request. The police only requested to inform you any threats on a person is taken very seriously, be it online or in person. On a personal note, I am deeply sorry for anyone witnessing this, and for the messages of support. Bullying should never be tolerated. End of.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:14 pm

Interesting this Craig. I have read this thread in detail. You seem to have missed the point that this forum is an unofficial forum, and does not reflect the views or the opinions of the club. The fact that you have apparently contacted them to advise of the comments on here will not go down well, as this forum is not linked to the club, so therefore in my opinion, they won't get involved and we all know our esteemed chairman likes to keep a low profile. You apparently involving the police will not have made the club any more impressed either as you have aligned yourself to the club as a volunteer. When it comes to trevdees comments, none of his comments constituted Bullying, not passive aggressive either. I can bet my bottom dollar the police will not do anything about the comments on here, and neither will the club. If anything, I read with interest certain comments you have said and Trevor has every right to report you to the police also. When it comes to Jordan, he has every right to speak his mind, and I'm sure if the club believes he has infringed any data protection act then the club will ask him to relinquish his away travel responsibilities, hence you alienating more people who depend on Jordan to arrange this, if that actually does happen to be the case.

The problem is Craig, you always seem to want to have the last word but you will respond to this anyway. I believe firmly that your actions will have alienated a lot of people on this forum and at the club. You have burnt your bridges with, and lost the respect of a lot of people on this forum, and when word gets around the club, as it will, even more people will disassociate themselves with you, but you are right on the bullying fact.

Further to this, please do not approach me or talk to me anywhere within the club, and on away trips. I want nothing to do with you at all, and I'm sure a lot of people will take the same approach when it all comes out.

Post by Guest Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:51 pm

TheNeil29 wrote:Interesting this Craig. I have read this thread in detail. You seem to have missed the point that this forum is an unofficial forum, and does not reflect the views or the opinions of the club. The fact that you have apparently contacted them to advise of the comments on here will not go down well, as this forum is not linked to the club, so therefore in my opinion, they won't get involved and we all know our esteemed chairman likes to keep a low profile. You apparently involving the police will not have made the club any more impressed either as you have aligned yourself to the club as a volunteer. When it comes to trevdees comments, none of his comments constituted Bullying, not passive aggressive either. I can bet my bottom dollar the police will not do anything about the comments on here, and neither will the club. If anything, I read with interest certain comments you have said and Trevor has every right to report you to the police also. When it comes to Jordan, he has every right to speak his mind, and I'm sure if the club believes he has infringed any data protection act then the club will ask him to relinquish his away travel responsibilities, hence you alienating more people who depend on Jordan to arrange this, if that actually does happen to be the case.

The problem is Craig, you always seem to want to have the last word but you will respond to this anyway. I believe firmly that your actions will have alienated a lot of people on this forum and at the club. You have burnt your bridges with, and lost the respect of a lot of people on this forum, and when word gets around the club, as it will, even more people will disassociate themselves with you, but you are right on the bullying fact.

Further to this, please do not approach me or talk to me anywhere within the club, and on away trips. I want nothing to do with you at all, and I'm sure a lot of people will take the same approach when it all comes out.

if you are saying it is more important to you that Jordan away travel position is somehow greater than the protection and privacy of my sons safety, then I would question that as a parent and as a man, and as a football supporter too. my concern is my son, not you, not trev, not jordan,  not anyone else. Using this to further isolated me is typical bullying behavior, and I am disgusted people put a friend before a child safety.

Last edited by CraigHurle on Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:16 pm

See? Always the last word. You can respond to this next comment, because I won't be. The simple fact is that you will have alienated and lost the respect of a lot of people on the forum and at the club when certain things are made clear. I'm sure the police will want proof of these edited or deleted threads Craig, so i hope you screenshot them and kept them. Our admin is based in Canada by the way, so it may be slightly awkward to retrieve them. Oh, and you isolated yourself, not the other way around. And finally, you can be disgusted all you and question all you want Craig, because to be quite frank, I don't care. Your sons safety is your problem, and the club's.

The police and the club I'm sure will do their investigations and conclude that no further action is required. But I'm quite sure, when it comes to the impact of this, a lot of people will view you in a different light.

I'm sure you will respond, and I've created a new crowd chant, just for you to make you feel special, which I'm sure you will like.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:19 pm

Oh, and I forgot, Jordan's away travel is a hell of a lot more important to me than your sons safety. Not cruel, just fact.

Post by Guest Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:23 pm

TheNeil29 wrote:See? Always the last word. You can respond to this next comment, because I won't be. The simple fact is that you will have alienated and lost the respect of a lot of people on the forum and at the club when certain things are made clear. I'm sure the police will want proof of these edited or deleted threads Craig, so i hope you screenshot them and kept them. Our admin is based in Canada by the way, so it may be slightly awkward to retrieve them. Oh, and you isolated yourself, not the other way around. And finally, you can be disgusted all you and question all you want Craig, because to be quite frank, I don't care. Your sons safety is your problem, and the club's.

The police and the club I'm sure will do their investigations and conclude that no further action is required. But I'm quite sure, when it comes to the impact of this, a lot of people will view you in a different light.

I'm sure you will respond, and I've created a new crowd chant, just for you to make you feel special, which I'm sure you will like.

Yes, screen captured. by the way, for the record, me and trev have sorted this out between ourselves? please do not make matters worse, when we was just sorting things out. And again, I do not personally care what you do, say or think about me, my sole concern is my son! a child. Anything you try to do to me, will be witnessed by him and if that makes you feel like a big man, so be it. I have a job to do and I want to left alone to do it. with my son at my side. The police have been very helpful Neil, they take any threats, verbally or online, very seriously, but I have already spoken to them that me and trev have sorted this out personally. I would hope that extends to you, and if you want to leave me alone, thats ok. but I ask you not to make things any worse than they are. for my sons sake, if not mine,

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 8:01 pm