Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+3
rangerider
Big Lundy
gedmaloney
7 posters

Suggested change to forum?

TownUltra
    TownUltra

Suggested change to forum? - Page 2 Empty Re: Suggested change to forum?

Post by TownUltra Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:36 pm

Say NO to segregation.

gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:33 pm

town supporter wrote:Sour grapes young man. The forum has spoken.

A true democrat now TS!!
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:39 pm

CraigHurle wrote:seems abit silly to me to move the coach section, especially when it gets people talking and interested. and hardly a proper vote to be honest admin? does one person affect the whole forum? pretty poor show TS. pretty poor indeed.

Will be interesting to see if it leads to communication problems - everything in one place people knew what was going on - anyone who has tried to organise transport for Supporters will know what an incredibly straightforward job it is and whilst I would love to have the time to trawl round facebook, the forum, the travel section, unfortunately work does get in the way so simple folks - use the travel section and keep in touch and if things start going awry don't blame yours truly Shocked 
    TownUltra
    TownUltra

Post by TownUltra Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:00 pm

Semi final thumb war line up Craig v Ged and in the other TS v JordanF.

Matches to be played in the 1919 before Colwyn Bay.

Post by Guest Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:10 pm

town supporter wrote:Sour grapes young man. The forum has spoken.

You mean you have spoken and bugger everyone else. I am sorry but this is pathetic. It really is, call yourself a Town Supporter, I think not. Admin made a change on a dud vote, reopening the voting, and lets get a proper vote heard. You want sour grapes young man, you aint seen nothing yet fella and thats the bottom line because the Ginger has spoken. Now quit being so negative, let people try and get the away support on the up, and stop thinking you have the last word, because you havent.

Admin: Suggestion: Please dont allow this forum to be dicated by one person with a hidden agenda. I think its vital to allow things to stay as they are. TS comment after you said you would make the change should of been enough to warrant a no change, clearly its been driven by a negative nelly.

Post by Guest Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:13 pm

gedmaloney wrote:
    CraigHurle wrote:seems abit silly to me to move the coach section, especially when it gets people talking and interested. and hardly a proper vote to be honest admin? does one person affect the whole forum? pretty poor show TS. pretty poor indeed.

Will be interesting to see if it leads to communication problems - everything in one place people knew what was going on - anyone who has tried to organise transport for Supporters will know what an incredibly straightforward job it is and whilst I would love to have the time to trawl round facebook, the forum, the travel section, unfortunately work does get in the way so simple folks - use the travel section and keep in touch and if things start going awry don't blame yours truly Shocked   

Totally agree with you Ged. I have actually been more alert to changes and coach travel by having things as they are. And it was working. the results of recent away travel proved. Congrats to you Ged and the Club for everything you have done for the away travel and getting the fans to the Games. I hope this silly change dosent affect. some vote that was. Anyways Ged, thanks for the BPA coach. And thankyou for Tues evening too.

Post by Guest Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:15 pm

Ged ~ May I suggest then forming a group on Facebook because everyone seems to be on there, or maybe adding a forum to the official facebook page, which is easily achievable. if this forum has become tainted by one person with a agenda, lets move on mass to somewhere we can all keep the good flag of town flying. C'mon Town!
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:32 pm

To please everyone (I hope) I will have the poll open for one week. Please be aware that you must be a registered member of the forum to vote and you will only be able to place one vote.

Hopefully everyone will agree a week is long enough. Cut off will be Thursday 20th March 11.59pm.

TownUltra
    TownUltra

Post by TownUltra Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:38 pm

Can we vote on chips as well?

Post by Guest Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:43 pm

YES! CHIPS!

Post by Guest Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:00 pm

Thankyou admin for allowing a new, proper vote. I know its work so much better as it was originally, based purely on the results of the away support in recent matches. The very fact the original comment by TS was he dosent care about away support can be sorted by Not clicking on it. More so, his reply to you about the change sent alarm bells ringing with the diss on the away support.

Change sometimes is for the better, but why change something that aint broken and is working brilliantly? I love the club, i love the support, i love the away travel and getting to know everyone. Standing behind that goal and just singing our support and hearts for the team. Love it!

Post by Guest Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:32 am

He who shouts the loudest. You can't have another vote whenever you feel like it just because you don't like the outcone. Otherwise the current nob heads ruining our country and our wonderful public services (once the envy) of the world, would never get a look in.

Craig, Ged and others - move to north korea - you'd like it there!

Post by Guest Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:35 am

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time.

Post by Guest Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:25 am

town supporter wrote:He who shouts the loudest. You can't have another vote whenever you feel like it just because you don't like the outcone. Otherwise the current nob heads ruining our country and our wonderful public services (once the envy) of the world, would never get a look in.

Craig, Ged and others - move to north korea - you'd like it there!

Appalling comment. Disgusting. Shame on you TS. Ged should be commended for getting the away support to the games and helping form a very strong and exciting away support. It's that success the players themselves have been grrateful for, the 12th man powers on. Onto BPA. Am done with numpties like you.

Post by Guest Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:44 am

Craig - This link sums up TS pretty well - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Just ignore him - it is his only thrill in life getting a reaction off people like you.

Post by Guest Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:48 am

I'd rather walk away from the forum if people like TS are allowed to stay and troll it. C'mon admin. get it sorted. I'm sure we could work with the official Facebook page to add the forum app to the page and get a forum up and running on there.
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:27 am

CraigHurle wrote:I'd rather walk away from the forum if people like TS are allowed to stay and troll it. C'mon admin. get it sorted. I'm sure we could work with the official Facebook page to add the forum app to the page and get a forum up and running on there.

If I went along banning people for not agreeing with everyone else this forum would become a very quiet place with half the members!

Feel free to set up the forum app on facebook.. if its the 'Official Harorgate Town' facebook page then I do not think you will have much luck setting it up.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:55 am

No issues around this, must admit when it was all in one place it was still a little scatty at least now if you purposely come on this forum to check travel you go directly into the travel section...Most other forums are done in this way.

As for TS well he just has his opinions, everyone differs and if the world didn't have a difference of opinions nothing would evolve - That goes for Harrogate Town FC also.
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:07 pm

CraigHurle wrote:I'd rather walk away from the forum if people like TS are allowed to stay and troll it. C'mon admin. get it sorted. I'm sure we could work with the official Facebook page to add the forum app to the page and get a forum up and running on there.

i can't believe what i am reading, you have only been on the forum for two months but you want Ged to ban someone who has been a regular poster for five years and posted over 500 post because you dont like what he has to say unbelievable while i don't agree with everything TS says he has every right to put his views across as long as he does not threaten or use bad language to any posters on here, i suggest you read other forums from this league you might get a shock as some are not as nice about their club as this one is its called free speech something that is being eroded in this day and age,
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:47 pm

I agree with Trevdee and Rangerider on this one Craig.

Everyone has differing views and opinions on a plethora of subjects on this forum, but we all have the same common goal. We all want to see Harrogate Town develop and grow and become more successful.

For example, with Town Supporter and Dark Knight. Some points I do think are extremely valid, and some points I dont agree on, just like they may think when I post something, they may agree, they may not, thats just the way it is. I'd still be quite happy to have a beer with them at the games.

We all respect the fact that we are all avid followers of Harrogate Town, and always will be until the day we die.

No need to start banning people though, as Admin quite rightly points out.
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:55 pm

i would like to have a beer with them but i don't know who they are  lol! 
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:59 pm

They might just prefer to remain anonymous, but TS has always been welcome to debate and has stated that he will quite happily have a pint with people.

As for DK. I'm sure he will remain anonymous, and if he does, we just have to respect that. He has views and opinions, just like everyone else.
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:18 pm

may i suggest that all posters meet on the junior terrace maybe we could out sing the ultra's  lol! i am sure i saw DK flying over the ground at the last home match till some one informed me it was a Red Kite  lol! 

Post by Guest Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:04 pm

I dont mind different opinions, I just don't like trolls. I have no time for people who aren't genuine and Yes, I have only been on the forum a short while, but I'm happy to use my real name, image and will talk to ANYONE at the ground, be it, agree or disagree. However, I wont be talked to like a kid by TS whose agenda is very anti Harrogate Town, Opinions are one thing, Hate is a another. Talking about people like Ged, Jordan, and myself going to North Korea? that aint what I call acceptable behaviour, especially from someone hiding behind a username. From the time I have been on here, I've see nothing but negative posts by TS and DK, balanced opinions aside, trolling is something close to Bullying, and from being bullied most of my life at School, to dealing with Cyberbullies on my sites and pages, I can tell you one thing, TS is most certainely a troll indeed of at least a warning for behaviour.

Post by Guest Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:10 pm

rangerider wrote:i would like to have a beer with them but i don't know who they are  lol! 

Blimey, do I need to walk around with a tshirt with my identity plastered all over it?! I often enjoy a couple of beers after home games. I'm sure ged will point you in my direction. I can tell you now the weavers have a pretty good idea who i am! Mrs weaver snr is aways delighted to see me (cough). Ball and socket is a very good friend of mine, martin and various others know who I am also. I've been attending for25 years so I'm afraid a few newbies aren't going to put me off. Family commitments make it difficult for me to attend away games as well as some home games. No agenda, simple as that really.

Cheers

TS

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 7:47 pm