Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+10
nztownfan
V'
OllieRiley
trevdee
Dark Knight
rangerider
j2021
Gareth192001
Innocent Bystander
Martin L
14 posters

Time for a change

Martin L

Time for a change Empty Time for a change

Post by Martin L Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:14 pm

The season seems over already, very sad

Last edited by Martin L on Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Time for a change)

Time for a change Empty Re: Time for a change

Post by Guest Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:39 pm

Today was painful - so much so I missed some of it as it was so poor - no idea if it was a sending off - trev's kid was kicking me in the bollocks at the time - cheers lad! A few things stood out though ... no leadership, no bite in the centre of midfield, no one willing to take responsibility or set the tempo. Walshaw should occupy a more central role. Technically we have good players but with no width its not been exploited.

The situation regarding killock is nothing short of a disgrace - after our brief chat the guy was so professional that I just hope for his own sake that he finds another club.

For the most part i witnessed a group of players looking forward to getting home as quick as possible. Who stayed after the game? That's right - shane did.I took notice even if you didn't Simon you incompetent fool. Sounds like nothing but that's what I want in my team. It's why Simon you'll never be a manager for as long as you try and however many coaching qualifications you have.

I just wish the weaver's would walk away now.

Ps good to meet all you town supporters.

Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:54 pm

Shane Killock, Paul Bolland, Adam Bolder, Michael Woods, Dave Merris, Chib Chilaka ... we have been so lucky to have them play at Wetherby Road (it is not the CNG Stadium)

and then we get this

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Organisations that are serious about success have zero tolerance of mediocrity .... sadly this seems to be the norm at Wetherby Road at the moment

Gareth192001

Post by Gareth192001 Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:59 pm

Innocent Bystander wrote:Shane Killock, Paul Bolland, Adam Bolder, Michael Woods, Dave Merris, Chib Chilaka ... we have been so lucky to have them play at Wetherby Road (it is not the CNG Stadium)

and then we get this

Organisations that are serious about success have zero tolerance of mediocrity .... sadly this seems to be the norm at Wetherby Road at the moment

So Towns failings are down to one player?
    Martin L

Post by Martin L Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:04 pm

innocent or not, he is not welcome.

a good lawyer may get him off but I don't care.

If he did nothing, bullshit, he thought it was fun to film it.

He gets no acknowledgement in the bar from the fans.

He is not welcome.

Go away please.

Your bubble has burst son, a big time Charlie ? Enjoy porridge.

Why sign him ?
    Gareth192001

Post by Gareth192001 Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:06 pm

Martin L wrote:innocent or not, he is not welcome.

He is not welcome.

Go away please.

Why sign him ?

He goes Town fixed??
    Gareth192001

Post by Gareth192001 Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:09 pm

this is ok tho?

Post by Guest Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:11 pm

Martin L wrote:innocent or not, he is not welcome.

He is not welcome.

Go away please.

Why sign him ?

Agreed. And to think we released bolder, woods and brown to make way.

Martin L

Post by Martin L Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:26 pm

I thought we were are a club with good morals.

People make mistakes in their life, take the consequence and move on.

But why attract them, sign them and take the backlash that harms the club ?

I know for a hard fact, people who know I am a town fan come up to me and says " How did the rapist play today?"

I am embarrassed, making excuses for someone I don't want to know, its wrong.

Thank you for the club to sign an alleged rapist come to my club. He must have been cheap.

j2021

Post by j2021 Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:28 pm

I think we're getting away from the point of what lost us the game today.

The tactics!
    Not the players as individuals, they all put effort in. (Especially Walshaw)

They're just all over the place tactically....

Surely before the game the players were told they have a 6ft 4 central defender.

Which means keep the ball on the ground, he's not mobile, so lets play quick balls in to feet. Get him turned and running backwards. Simple.

Just a very disappointed fan....

Post by Guest Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:37 pm

Very true Martin. I have not read any post match interviews but if he tries to blame it on the sending off, I will scream. We have looked shite all season and in my opinion, were lucky to beat Oxford and Stalybridge. We have arguably the best squad in the league with a backroom staff not fit to run the under 5's at Pannal Ash. Simon won't go, we all know that, but there are plenty of people who will, including a large percentageoff the support.

Time for another Q&A?
    Gareth192001

Post by Gareth192001 Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:38 pm

Martin just to clear things up been accused of rape is very bad. But been convicted of beating your girlfriend is ok?

Post by Guest Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:44 pm

I don't think Martin is suggesting that at all Gareth.
    Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:46 pm

He most certainly is not ....

Just to be slightly clearer ..... is it being suggested (in another post I recall) that Shane K is not playing for the club as long as Lenighan is selected?

rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:03 pm

JordanF wrote:Very true Martin. I have not read any post match interviews but if he tries to blame it on the sending off, I will scream. We have looked shite all season and in my opinion, were lucky to beat Oxford and Stalybridge. We have arguably the best squad in the league with a backroom staff not fit to run the under 5's at Pannal Ash. Simon won't go, we all know that, but there are plenty of people who will, including a large percentageoff the support.

Time for another Q&A?

good post Jordan a lot and i mean a lot of fans agree with you
    Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:04 pm

Invite the players to the Q&A and ask them what they think of the tactics!!!! Chatham House rules!
    Gareth192001

Post by Gareth192001 Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:06 pm

rangerider wrote:
    JordanF wrote:Very true Martin. I have not read any post match interviews but if he tries to blame it on the sending off, I will scream. We have looked shite all season and in my opinion, were lucky to beat Oxford and Stalybridge. We have arguably the best squad in the league with a backroom staff not fit to run the under 5's at Pannal Ash. Simon won't go, we all know that, but there are plenty of people who will, including a large percentageoff the support.

Time for another Q&A?

good post Jordan a lot and i mean a lot of fans agree with you

Harsh on Pannal Ash but 100% Still can't see a game plan players careers been wasted
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:13 pm

Martin L wrote:You all know me. I could have easily come home and just think about things. But I am so sorry, I am just ready to speak my mind and probably get into trouble. Keep quiet, let it just go...no way. I want to be totally honest and transparent and put my thoughts out there. If I get banned after following the club for 40 years, at least I have made my point. Chairmans/Managers come and go...........I am a Town fan for 40 years and I am disgusted with this.

We sign the most prolific striker in the league and play him on the wing. Town fans are not daft. We were gobsmacked. We pay our hard earned money and watch absolute garbage. We were awful today, the worst I have seen from a team in the bottom 3. They murdered us. Lenighan, good bye, good luck and go away from my club. Tad is a good man, still has his dignity to watch his son and team. Irving, this is a football club with history, not a building firm where you have built it by crushing good people along the way. Like the Charlie situation. She was hung out to dry and I was so embarrassed to see you "pay off" the family with kind words, no doubt a bunch of flowers and all that. A great PR effort, I was there.

We are going no where. We have a new stand built that will be empty. Speaking to the hard core fans today (you know who they are) they are so unhappy. All good guys and loyal but we have just had enough............I am sure I speak for everyone in yellow and black.

I feel like the kid in class who doesn't understand but is at least brave enough to put his hand for the benefit of 20 others.

What do look at success ? The attendance, the pitch, new stand, the hospitality suite, the Saturday night bookings, the merchandise, coaching schools ? That's all very fluffy, ALL I WANT IS 3 POINTS !

Sorry to be blunt, I am just pissed off with my club and the new directors (not Ged ) in it for social gain and probable personal business gain. Makes me sick. You have no association with my club, never will or never want, why don't you just go away ? You come down here and lord it like in hospitality, it doesn't work for me. Go away.

As fans, we are not mugs, the weavers wont be here forever and I am concerned RIGHT NOW what state they will toss us off.

I am very happy to discuss.......my mobile is 07833026709

Martin L
    A town fan for 40 years....that's 35 years more than the Weavers.

Martin we all feel your pain, i went round the ground today talking and listening to our fans you are not alone in what you are saying

Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:15 pm

It can't be the tactics that are wrong. Remember we have TWO Uefa A coaches at the club now.

Seriously though when you think of the players Simon pissed off and bombed out last season and what is now happening with the club captain and Tad resigning, his position is surely untenable now. The atmosphere within must be toxic.

Tearing up the squad yet again and taking a chance on players of ill repute looks to be his last roll of the dice.

Despite everything, even I didn't see today coming. What a mess.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:18 pm

IB nothing official on the Shane front at to why he isn't playing, just chitter chatter on the terrace, but given his profession away from football it makes sense.

TS good to meet you today, sorry about Leon, please don't call the police but on the flipside he did prevent you from feeling that unpleasant neck ache from watching the ball ping from box to box.

I thought it was pretty shite when I was a Scarborough FC fan as a child and the chairman got sent to prison for tax fraud - the start of the decline, but actually this feels much worse. We have a situation that is only going to get worse as the season unfolds and I cannot see a way out unless the Weavers go.....I think it is time we should stand up as fans and start a feck off Weaver campaign, this is our club, not theirs to ruin.

This whole Lenighan business has ripped the club in half and for what? It is not as if he is the dogs dangleys on the pitch, he is substandard and is no way better than what we had last season.

We had a real chance to attract new young fans, we built up some great community relationships and that has all been flushed down the toilet.

Martin I agree with everything you are saying here.
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:24 pm

Dark Knight says

it was only a matter of time judging by the way we have been playing this season
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:34 pm

rangerider wrote: Dark Knight says

it was only a matter of time judging by the way we have been playing this season
    Yes true, what I meant was usually we have a bad patch, some of us have a moan, then Simon saves his neck with a few results. Thought we'd win today. I was never in doubt that there'd be more losses, in fact I said just last week I was starting to think we'd lose more games this season than last. Maybe Simon's luck has finally run out. It does seem that the tide has completely turned against him now.

Post by Guest Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:54 am

A few of us enjoyed a brief chat with Shane - ever the professional, loyal to his club and his team mates. He did confirm though that he was match fit and without saying much more it was fairly obvious he's just fallen out of favour. I speculated in a previous post that it might be linked to the lenighan signing as he might consider that it compromises his profession as a teacher - whatever thr reason something ain't right.
    Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:30 am

Let's put Shane into midfield .....!!..... and cheer every touch and tackle!
    OllieRiley
    OllieRiley

Post by OllieRiley Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:43 am

3 wins in 18 league games, and we were very fortunate to beat Oxford and Stalybridge. But what does the manager do? He covers it all up with "It wasn't our day" or... "Things haven't been going well for us." Not once... not even once, have I seen him hold his hands up and admit that he got it wrong, its always someone else's fault, either the referee's, the player's or the wind's. I can take us being hammered by Solihull 4-0 with ten men...just. But what I really do hate is that Simon never, ever takes the blame for our shambolic recent performances.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:22 pm