Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

5 posters

Time for a change.............

Martin L

Time for a change............. Empty Time for a change.............

Post by Martin L Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:56 pm

Me again. after time to reflect and calm down a bit I am still very, very concerned. firstly thanks for all the 1,000 views in 24 hours and comments, I think I nailed it with my post. I know I did.

Great ground, supporters and family values.....FACT.
    Nice long standing stalwarts and ambassadors........FACT.

ALL I WANT IS 3 POINTS AND GET PROMOTED !

Simon is an incredibly nice man, so are all the Weaver family..........FACT.

I just want change.

Simon to be a Director of Football, be the face of HTFC, very good at that. Macca be the Manager and bring in someone like Billy Miller from Railway, another incredibly good guy who knows how to coach and is already well respected by Simon.

Just a thought. We know Simon will always have a part to play here, but why not shuffle the pack and see if we can at least try to salvage something.

Look forward to your reaction..........I honestly believe if we are vocal and strong at this moment in time we can force change.

I am resigned to write off this season already, especially if there is no change............lets all think what we feel should happen and make a stance and change and be positive going forward. I hated Status Quo as a band, boring, bland and lacking talent, lets challenge the Status Quo.

This is Martin L signing off with a rant, quite polite and wanting a massive reaction.
    rangerider
    rangerider

Time for a change............. Empty Re: Time for a change.............

Post by rangerider Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:26 pm

i was never a fan of Status Quo either Martin but i did sell Rick Parfitt a Sony Walkman well actually it was a Sanyo FACT
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:07 am

Things will never change whilst Irving is the Chairman, Simon will always be the manager, and we will have to put up with his pathetic excuses season after season. The simple fact of the matter is that Simon has to go, or both have to go.

I would rather we took the hit by getting rid, end up going down a few decisions and have an sensible, impartial chairman, because by keeping faith with Simon, he doesnt seem to be very impartial. People may disagree with this view, but I am so sick and tired of the current manager, but it's something I would put up with, for sure.

If it carries on so far this season, lets see how many people can be arsed watching town on a cold, winter night when they can be sat in front of the TV with a cup of tea, and Champions League football. Lets see how deep your pockets are in winter, Irving. Because whilst your son is in charge, we will just be an embarassment on the pitch. You could have Messi, Ronaldo and Falcao in the squad, and he still wouldnt do **** all.

Last edited by TheNeil29 on Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:08 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : In case anyone in the Ostrich Brigade has a go.)
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:38 pm

TheNeil29 says

I would rather we took the hit by getting rid, end up going down a few decisions and have an sensible, impartial chairman, because by keeping faith with Simon, he doesnt seem to be very impartial. People may disagree with this view, but I am so sick and tired of the current manager, but it's something I would put up with, for sure.

The way we are playing now you might get your wish i would just like to know how a team in the bottom three came here and humiliated us?

Chips97

Post by Chips97 Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:40 pm

rangerider wrote:TheNeil29 says

The way we are playing now you might get your wish i would just like to know how a team in the bottom three came here and humiliated us?

Be fair..They have a game in hand Wink
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:14 pm

I am just so fed up and tired with it, but as TS put in a different post, you cant just switch allegiances when it suits.

The problem then is that the Chairman is aware of this fact, as he is aware that the same hardcore numbers will turn up every home game (350+)

The only way I believe he will change things is if the hardcore fans vote with their feet, but there again, that is unrealistic, because people will still go to the games.

Why cant Irving, who apparently is a wealthy businessman, see how much of an embarassment his son is making of the club?

Some opinionated facts for our Chairman (in my opinion only.....no Ostrich Brigade now.....)

Fact 1. The only reason your son is still in charge is because you are Chairman
    Fact 2. The only reason you invested in the club was to keep your son in a job.
    Fact 3. Your son has proven time and time again he is tactically incompetent and inconsistent. Blaming everyone but himself. I havent heard him say once 'it was my fault'.
    Fact 4. Your son has had around 5 years in the role now, and achieved nothing, apart from a decent FA Cup run and a Mickey Mouse Trophy (no disrespect to Railway)
    Fact 5. You need to sack your son, or move him elsewhere in the club and get someone experienced in if you want to see a return on your investment. At this current rate, we are going to turn into relegation fodder.
    Fact 6. Your son has a great ability of talking the talk, but not walking the walk. He can sign absolutely class players at this level, but not utilise them properly.
    Fact 7. All of the fans appreciate everything you have done off the pitch, but it wont become extremely successful off the pitch, if your son is a failure on the pitch (which is currently the case)

If you get relieve your son of his first team duties, get an experienced body in who can play the right football and get consistent results on the pitch, and also utilise his squad effectively, then the fans will return in droves. You would get 800-900 fans to home games. And when it comes to losing games, if the players put in 100% and leave it all on the pitch, i'd be extremely confident that the fans would still be a happy bunch even if a few games are dropped along the way.

This squad is Promotion potential, not relegation fodder.

Rant over, and if anyone wants to object, i'm in the mood for it.......

Last edited by TheNeil29 on Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Ostrich Brigade...again.)

Post by Guest Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:44 pm

Well said Neil. For me, with the squad which we have, we should be top.

I doubt you will get many objections unless 'Guest' re appears.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:10 am

Brilliant Neil. Absolutely spot on. Irving surely wouldn't tolerate such incompetence for so long with an employee of Strata Homes. He must (surely) realise that his son is in danger of becoming a laughing stock around the league (Daddy's Boy fails again!), and scuppering any chance he has of ever getting a 'better' job as a manager. Which means, of course, he is going to be with us forever. Oh, crap.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:05 am