Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+3
rangerider
Big Lundy
gedmaloney
7 posters

Suggested change to forum?

Suggested change to forum? Empty Suggested change to forum?

Post by Guest Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:26 am

Whilst it's good to see the enthusiasm shared by a growing number of fans for away travel, for those who don't have the time, money or inclination to make bookings, the forum is becoming rather dull in places. Constant posts requesting the no. of seats left on the coach is surprisingly not that interesting for those of us not attending but would rather share our thoughts on team performance, what a great manager simon weaver is, how town supporter said he would always come good in the end, that kind of thing.

So admin, please could you create a new heading on the menu page entitled away travel and then all those who wish to discuss the interesting subject of coach numbers can access posts under that heading instead.

Thanks

TS

Suggested change to forum? Empty Re: Suggested change to forum?

Post by Guest Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:28 am

Or, if you have no interest in this, don't click on the topic which is about coach travel to certain games.
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:59 am

Got to say, you do brighten up my day TS Laughing Laughing Laughing  

Post by Guest Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:05 am

JordanF wrote:Or, if you have no interest in this, don't click on the topic which is about coach travel to certain games.

Helpful response -I hadn't thought of that - keep those ideas coming. I hope you're as inspired in your day job. On the other hand, many other conference north forums have a section for away travel so not as crazy as it may sound. This forum has a section for non football related chat (why? ) and a section for links to other websites which was last used about 4 years ago if you exclude some of the spam content that was posted.

Post by Guest Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:10 am

gedmaloney wrote:Got to say, you do brighten up my day TS Laughing Laughing Laughing  

I am pleased. Now ged, what's the latest on coach numbers for forthcoming away games - I can barely contain my excitement.
    Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:26 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Laughing
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:34 am

can we have a forum like this one? easier to read easier to upload pics

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Post by Guest Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:46 am

I think the expression of interest in away matches and the growing travelling support is a sign that the Club is trying to accomdate its supporters for both home and away travel. And the forum is key to that success. Why so serious?
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:53 am

Big Lundy wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Laughing

Any thoughts on who would be cast as Inspector affraid affraid affraid 
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:59 am

town supporter wrote:
    gedmaloney wrote:Got to say, you do brighten up my day TS Laughing Laughing Laughing  

I am pleased.  Now ged, what's the latest on coach numbers for forthcoming away games - I can barely contain my excitement.

Just to keep you bang up to date TS - have had to order the 50 seater for tonight such is the popularity of the event so there are spare seats if any late arrivals Shocked  - tough looking fixture to me but spoke with their supporters club chair last night and as soon as they promised money off beer, Town supporters numbers shot up cheers  cheers  cheers 

Apparently the drum is booked on bounce  bounce 

Will bring details of BPA Thursday morning Very Happy 
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:53 pm

town supporter wrote:Whilst it's good to see the enthusiasm shared by a growing number of fans for away travel,  for those who don't have the time, money or inclination to make bookings, the forum is becoming rather dull in places. Constant posts requesting the no. of seats left on the coach is surprisingly not that interesting for those of us not attending but would rather share our thoughts on team performance,  what a great manager simon weaver is, how town supporter said he would always come good in the end, that kind of thing.

So admin, please could you create a new heading on the menu page entitled away travel and then all those who wish to discuss the interesting subject of coach numbers can access posts under that heading instead.

Thanks

TS

I agree with this and TS raises a valid point. Surely it wouldn't be too hard to set up? Other forums have it in a seperate department, so why not just follow suit. Then all the threads with regards to away travel can be in a seperate location.

Just my tuppence on this, but I do actually agree with TS.

Whether it happens or not is a different story.

Admin? Any thoughts?

Post by Guest Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:57 pm

This thread is now only marginally more interesting that current nos. for away travel, which I consider a great shame. I hadn’t realised what a challenging task it would be to implement this task. Maybe the mechanics involved are far more complex than I ever realised. I do wonder whether other coach related posts are necessary, such is the interest.

Post by Guest Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:06 pm

Jordan has it spot on, if you dont want to read about coach travel and away support, do not click on it. Start your own topics of discussion. it's really down to you and you alone to start a conversation or a topic. No biggie really. You know, like, I don't know, this conversation here. You started it, people reply. job done. As we move into a critical phase of the season, arranging away support is good for the club, I have no problem with it. If I wanted to started another topic I would, it's so easy.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:38 pm

I would prefer it to be in a different section, but everyone has different thoughts on it. It may be an annoyance to some people, not so much to others and not at all to others also.

I'm sure if the club wanted to change it around, they would. After all, they turned the forum into an unofficial one. Its easy done.

Anyway, onwards to the Alty game tonight.
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:50 pm

TheNeil29 wrote:I would prefer it to be in a different section, but everyone has different thoughts on it. It may be an annoyance to some people, not so much to others and not at all to others also.

I'm sure if the club wanted to change it around, they would. After all, they turned the forum into an unofficial one. Its easy done.

Anyway, onwards to the Alty game tonight.

The club has nothing to do with this forum.

Please see poll and place your votes now!

Post by Guest Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:40 pm

Tom, is coach travel section getting shifted then?
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:02 pm

Yes I will be making the change when I get home.

Post by Guest Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:12 pm

Cheers Tom - I was concerned there might be a late no campaign from 80 plus town ultras.
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:31 pm

Change has now been made. If posts are posted in the wrong section I will move it to the away travel section.

Heres hoping to another 3 points and 90 mins of singing at BPA on Saturday!!

Post by Guest Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:19 pm

town supporter wrote:Cheers Tom -  I was concerned there might be a late no campaign from 80 plus town ultras.

TS having a go at our Coach, no change there then......

S.

Post by Guest Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:06 pm

seems abit silly to me to move the coach section, especially when it gets people talking and interested. and hardly a proper vote to be honest admin? does one person affect the whole forum? pretty poor show TS. pretty poor indeed.

Post by Guest Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:13 pm

Admin wrote:Change has now been made. If posts are posted in the wrong section I will move it to the away travel section.

Heres hoping to another 3 points and 90 mins of singing at BPA on Saturday!!

I think this has been unfair really admin. whats the problem with talking about the coach on general forum? why is one person being allowed to dicate how the forum is run? last time I looked it was 4/4? I really dont think people are bothered where it is. I have made alot of friends on here through the forum, oddly enough, thanks to talking about travel etc. But I have also spotted a pattern of negative talk by the same people. I suggest reopening the vote and allowing people more time to vote. everyone has been more concerned and bothered about getting the coaches sorted and away support to matches to even think about a sneaky vote with little or no time to respond.

Post by Guest Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:23 pm

Sour grapes young man. The forum has spoken.

TownUltra
    TownUltra

Post by TownUltra Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:33 pm

Settle it with a thumb war. DK can be the ref.

OH WHEN THE TOWN...

Post by Guest Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:34 pm

TBH, at first it seemed to make sense and I was not bothered either way. I now think it is a bit of a mistake and really going against what the club are trying to achieve. Big thumbs down from me.

Last edited by JordanF on Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:44 pm