Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+14
TownTommo
nobby99
Dark Knight
nztownfan
Gareth192001
Big Lundy
rangerider
southernexile
iand1957
paulstreet
Townfan
TheNeil29
GARAGE
Chips97
18 posters

New Stand?

New Stand? - Page 3 Empty Re: New Stand?

Post by Guest Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:49 pm

That is a very long term and expensive investment. Yes the current situation gets his son a job but chairman who have done this type of thing in the past have a far quicker turn around.

I think maybe the whole login false conclusions is a bit of a flag to our twitchy nervousness as to what might happen.

Off the pitch the progression has been undeniable. Yes there have been gaffs, some shoddy in the extreme but most clubs have their own issues over the years and given the types of gravy trainers (not just on the pitch!) We have a ready made recipe for balls ups.

Irving has one glaring error we all agree on but a small part of me pittys him for deciding over his son or us lot.

His son should be the one to does the right thing.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:01 pm

Well, I will go a step further in my theory. This is just theory, by the way.

When Irving became Chairman, he was aware of the short lease. What I think was his Plan A is that initially, if his son had been successful from the off, we would have moved from Wetherby Road to a different place, freeing the land up to be developed. Making a tidy sum in the process.

However, because Simon hasn't achieved anything, I believe that Irving has reverted to plan B, and is having all the work done with a view to selling up. Yes, he has invested a lot of money, but smart businessmen know when to cut their losses. And a lot of the improvements will have been covered by grants.

I honestly do believe he will sell up at the end of the season if nothing is achieved.

Post by Guest Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:44 am

I am still wondering what they will call the new stand. Unless they have agreed a sponsor already, I think it would be nice idea to ask for suggestions via the website. Irving then picks his favourite 4/5 suggestions and then fans cab vote at an up and coming hone game.
    Chips97

Post by Chips97 Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:36 am

JordanF wrote:I am still wondering what they will call the new stand. Unless they have agreed a sponsor already, I think it would be nice idea to ask for suggestions via the website. Irving then picks his favourite 4/5 suggestions and then fans cab vote at an up and coming hone game.
    Sounds like a great idea to me! Although I suspect it might be a sponsor due to the money they may bring in from that.

Post by Guest Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:01 am

Chips97 wrote:
    JordanF wrote:I am still wondering what they will call the new stand. Unless they have agreed a sponsor already, I think it would be nice idea to ask for suggestions via the website. Irving then picks his favourite 4/5 suggestions and then fans cab vote at an up and coming hone game.
    Sounds like a great idea to me! Although I suspect it might be a sponsor due to the money they may bring in from that.

Would it really generate that much income with only 300ish people seeing it?

I may be wrong though.

For what it is worth, I think it should be 'The Centinary Stand' given the year which it was built.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:13 pm

I think it will be sponsored out. Cant see them building it, and not making some sort of profit out of it.

If it was me, it would be the centenary stand.
    Martin L

Post by Martin L Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:35 pm

I like the .....

"Martin, go get the ball from wetherby road Stand"

Catchy.
    Chips97

Post by Chips97 Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:25 pm

Dark Knight wrote:What is the official capacity of the ground now?
    Just dragged this out from a while ago New stand infoThe stand will hold up to 800 supporters but Town chairman
    Irving Weaver said there would not be a change to the official 3,200 capacity the ground can hold.
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:46 pm

Chips97 wrote:
    Dark Knight wrote:What is the official capacity of the ground now?
    Just dragged this out from a while ago New stand infoThe stand will hold up to 800 supporters but Town chairman
    Irving Weaver said there would not be a change to the official 3,200 capacity the ground can hold.
    I thought I already posted that the capacity was unchanged but there you go !!
    Just to add that grants have now been secured for the Wetherby Road stand and when this is developed the capacity WILL go up.
    You can go and find out/chack if that is correct now.

Post by Guest Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:50 pm

Any timescales for this Town Fan?
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:09 pm

Townfan wrote:
    Yeah but you were rude and completely missed the point anyway.

Besides the bottom line is this - once both new stands are in place absolutely 100% no way will we be able to get as many people into the ground that were there for the Torquay and Hastings game. Although at this stage it's highly unlikely we'll be involved in such big games anyway.
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:18 pm

We will have the best ground in the NPL
    TownTommo

Post by TownTommo Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:26 pm

Mi cannot wait to get into de criss stand looks priti sweet mon Mi hope ya aal dont spoil it wid fi yuh crazy banners
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:51 pm

Dark Knight wrote:
    Townfan wrote:
    Yeah but you were rude and completely missed the point anyway.

Besides the bottom line is this - once both new stands are in place absolutely 100% no way will we be able to get as many people into the ground that were there for the Torquay and Hastings game. Although at this stage it's highly unlikely we'll be involved in such big games anyway.
    I didn't miss the point, you asked a question about the capacity, I answered it, you questioned my answer, chips 97 came up with a statement from the Chairman.
    You are wrong again about the capacity after the Wetherby Road stand is built. I deal in facts not speculation and if that's rude then so be it.
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:02 pm

Townfan wrote:
    You are wrong again about the capacity after the Wetherby Road stand is built.  I deal in facts not speculation and if that's rude then so be it.
    No I'm not, I don't care what the "official" capacity is. The fact is that if you look at the new stand it's quite simple, you cannot physically get as many people in the hospital end as were at the Hastings and Torquay games unless loads of people are happy to stand behind the stand with no view or can somehow change their physical state and merge themselves into the bricks and mortar that support the stand. And from the artists impression the other proposed stand looks to be a similar type of construction. So when we play a big game and the capacity is nowhere near the same attendance as those other games you can take it all back and admit that I'm right. Unfortunately hell will probably freeze over before we are involved in a big game again.

Post by Guest Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:13 pm

If I remember correctly, when we played Hastings and Torquay, did we not have burger vans and some toilets taking space up at the back of the car park?
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:23 pm

Who will be running the new refreshment kiosk in the new stand?
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:12 pm

Dark Knight wrote:
    Townfan wrote:
    You are wrong again about the capacity after the Wetherby Road stand is built.  I deal in facts not speculation and if that's rude then so be it.
    No I'm not, I don't care what the "official" capacity is. The fact is that if you look at the new stand it's quite simple, you cannot physically get as many people in the hospital end as were at the Hastings and Torquay games unless loads of people are happy to stand behind the stand with no view or can somehow change their physical state and merge themselves into the bricks and mortar that support the stand. And from the artists impression the other proposed stand looks to be a similar type of construction. So when we play a big game and the capacity is nowhere near the same attendance as those other games you can take it all back and admit that I'm right. Unfortunately hell will probably freeze over before we are involved in a big game again.

"Don't care what the official capacity is" So you choose to ignore it then rather than admit you are wrong. The new Wetherby Road stand will be bigger, which in turn will increase the capacity.
    Think I'll end it there, don't want to waste any more of my time.
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:24 pm

Townfan wrote:
    Dark Knight wrote:
    Townfan wrote:

"Don't care what the official capacity is"  So you choose to ignore it then rather than admit you are wrong.  The new Wetherby Road stand will be bigger, which in turn will increase the capacity.  

hope they start the Wetherby road stand straight after the last home game so it is ready for the new season, but i don't see how it will be bigger than it already is, it will cover more from front to back roof wise but hold more i just don't see it can you enlighten me in case i missed something

Post by Guest Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:24 pm

rangerider wrote:Who will be running the new refreshment kiosk in the new stand?

Is there one?
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:25 pm

Yes Jordan it faces the turnstiles

Post by Guest Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:32 pm

rangerider wrote:Yes Jordan it faces the turnstiles

In that case, Dorothy may chip in.
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:07 pm

rangerider wrote:
    Townfan wrote:
    Dark Knight wrote:
    Townfan wrote:

"Don't care what the official capacity is"  So you choose to ignore it then rather than admit you are wrong.  The new Wetherby Road stand will be bigger, which in turn will increase the capacity.  

hope they start the Wetherby road stand straight after the last home game so it is ready for the new season, but i don't see how it will be bigger than it already is, it will cover more from front to back roof wise but hold more i just don't see it can you enlighten me in case i missed something
    No. I've discovered that it is not wise to answer any questions on here.
    That's me finished on here now.
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:37 pm

ok bye

Post by Guest Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:45 pm

I hope sweet cheeks runs the new kiosk.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:41 pm