Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+3
paulstreet
wetherby58
Townminsterman
7 posters

New Stand?

Townminsterman
    Townminsterman

New Stand? Empty New Stand?

Post by Townminsterman Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:32 pm

Walking to work this morning up Wetherby Road and noticed the stand down the road side has had the roof taken off and the corrugated iron back taken off, plus the advertising boards where part taken down. Is this in preparation for a new stand been built over the summer?

New Stand? Empty Re: New Stand?

Post by Guest Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:49 pm

Townminsterman wrote:Walking to work this morning up Wetherby Road and noticed the stand down the road side has had the roof taken off and the corrugated iron back taken off, plus the advertising boards where part taken down. Is this in preparation for a new stand been built over the summer?

Sure is. I believe that the bits which have been taken off already are now at Knaresborough Town.

Building on the new stand starts after the Fylde game.
    wetherby58

Post by wetherby58 Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:50 am

Does anyone know if the Wetherby road side will be open or closed for our final game ? if closed,do I have to stand in the "kop of fear ?" Shocked

Post by Guest Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:19 am

It will be open but you're more than welcome to join us in the KOF
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:08 am

More good news from the CNG! I suppose I could be cynical like certain people, but what a way to live!
    Townminsterman
    Townminsterman

Post by Townminsterman Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:00 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    A1 drifter

Post by A1 drifter Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:27 pm

paulstreet wrote:More good news from the CNG! I suppose I could be cynical like certain people, but what a way to live!  

Probably won't be long before the 'usual suspects' come up with something negative to say about the new stand development - will no doubt include the words 'incompetent', 'failure', 'disaster' etc.
    ultimate warrior
    ultimate warrior

Post by ultimate warrior Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:49 pm

A1 drifter wrote:
    paulstreet wrote:More good news from the CNG! I suppose I could be cynical like certain people, but what a way to live!  

Probably won't be long before the 'usual suspects' come up with something negative to say about the new stand development - will no doubt include the words 'incompetent', 'failure', 'disaster' etc.

No thats for the team managment nothing wrong with the ground imrovements
    pie and chips

Post by pie and chips Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:56 pm

But surely the season has been a disaster, almost ranking with that of Blackpool, Sunderland,North Ferriby, etc?
    The fans who go to both Wetherby Road and away games, and sing louder than all the opposition, are, of course, actually complaining about the management of the Club...............aren't they?
    The commitment shown by players and staff is not real, is it, just a cynical con trick, to make us all feel ripped off?
    Well...............it may come as no surprise that I am looking forward to Saturday, when I will renew my Membership of the Supporter's Club, and meet up with a bunch of people I have come to regard as good friends.
    Do I wish we had a better season? Yes.
    Am I looking forward to next season? Yes.
    Do I care about the "usual suspects"? No.
    C'mon Town!
    ultimate warrior
    ultimate warrior

Post by ultimate warrior Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:49 pm

pie and chips wrote:But surely the season has been a disaster, almost ranking with that of Blackpool, Sunderland,North Ferriby, etc?
    The fans who go to both Wetherby Road and away games, and sing louder than all the opposition, are, of course, actually complaining about the management of the Club...............aren't they?
    The commitment shown by players and staff is not real, is it, just a cynical con trick, to make us all feel ripped off?
    Well...............it may come as no surprise that I am looking forward to Saturday, when I will renew my Membership of the Supporter's Club, and meet up with a bunch of people I have come to regard as good friends.
    Do I wish we had a better season? Yes.
    Am I looking forward to next season? Yes.
    Do I care about the "usual suspects"? No.
    C'mon Town!

Well if your happy having the biggest budget in the league and failing and ask them if they are happy with the managment or don't you read this forum
    ultimate warrior
    ultimate warrior

Post by ultimate warrior Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:56 pm

Townminsterman wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Where will the revolving door go?
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:33 am

Quite amusing that UW! And, in fact, if Simon and co. have learned anything about this season (and others), then they do need to find a settled squad of 20 or so, and stick to it. But Pie and Chips is basically right: it has been a massively disappointing season, 'saved' to some extent by the performance of the youngsters since January, but we are Town fans, we love going to the CNG, like him I can't wait for the pre-season (already...how sad is that!), and I will be optimistic about next season as well, surely next season the wheels won't fall off again...will they?
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:34 pm

it has been a cracking season for me this year, developed new friendships with some serious Harrogate fans, had many parties on the away coach, had a great weekend in Blackpool....yes results could have been better, but for a season of fun and enjoyment I rate it up there as one of my favourites. Enjoy the banter!

At long last the fans have found a voice and long may it continue!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:44 pm