Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

2 posters

Getting the folks in the Family Stand to Sing.....

Getting the folks in the Family Stand to Sing.....  Empty Getting the folks in the Family Stand to Sing.....

Post by Guest Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:14 pm

One day, am determined to get us all singing one match! the final 10 minutes of last weekends game was electric near the 1919/Changing rooms. And you know what? Not a single swear to be heard!
    TheNeil29

Getting the folks in the Family Stand to Sing.....  Empty Re: Getting the folks in the Family Stand to Sing.....

Post by TheNeil29 Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:40 pm

Its a difficult one this. The only way I can think is if you let in 50-60 ultras for free, and deploy them to different parts of the ground. i.e behind the goal, and the family stand, that may work.

It's an interesting one though Craig. More thought required on this one.

Getting the folks in the Family Stand to Sing.....  Empty Re: Getting the folks in the Family Stand to Sing.....

Post by Guest Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:23 pm

we can do it. Only takes a few people in chosen locations around the Ground with big voices to spur on the home support. We have been loud and proud away, let's do it at home too! Where it matters.
    DanDeg

Post by DanDeg Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:00 am

I cant see it happening Craig! When we first started we tried the back of the stand, all we got is dirty looks with the odd person clapping.

Post by Guest Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:13 am

The other problem is, if people are dotted about the ground, there will be different songs at different times. Great if you play at Camp Nou or the Alliance Arena but I can't see it happening at the CNG. If people want to sing they will either move nearer the noise or start singing where they are.

Perhaps when the ground has been developed we can look at changing ends etc.
    DanDeg

Post by DanDeg Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:15 am

I think next home match (colwyn bay) we are going to try standing in side terrace. Trev said more people will get involves?
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:40 pm

I'm not too sure on that one, as I'm just generalising, but the majority of people I do stand with, I dont think would jump around and sing. I would suggest that maybe if the current ultras get their friends on board, increase the numbers and just stay where they are for now. I can hear them enough at most games!!!

Post by Guest Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:05 pm

A battery and some jump leads might do the trick.

Can't believe sometimes that so many people don't even stand up when we score !

S.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 8:28 pm