Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+10
nztownfan
V'
OllieRiley
trevdee
Dark Knight
rangerider
j2021
Gareth192001
Innocent Bystander
Martin L
14 posters

Time for a change

Time for a change - Page 2 Empty Re: Time for a change

Post by Guest Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:06 am

Absolutely Ollie. Someone needs to take the blame and that person is not stepping up. It's just the same old excuses.

I was talking to a mate yesterday and it was his first time to Town for a few years. He thought I was taking the piss with the quality of the team. Unsurprisingly, he said he probably would not be returning for another couple of years.

Great to put a name to a couple of posters yesterday. Good to meet you!
    Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:45 pm

Martin - your post / wise and heartfelt words have already been viewed 1,000 times in less than 24 hours. It saddens me almost beyond belief that the club we all love is being led so poorly.
    V'
    V'

Post by V' Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:53 pm

From a outsider things looked promising pre season for Town ie the quality of players signed. The problem is the Manager and his tactics, over the seasons Town have signed great players and its no coincidence that these all turn into bad players at Town!!!!! Look around at the Managers who I think could do a better Job, John Deacey, Neil Parsley even Rudy Funk at Scarborough and Billy Miller at Railway would do better ( my opinion only ) . One person mentioned how the Irving has improved the pitch , stands etc but most fans just want points and Yes it is your club " The Fans". Not sure how many fans would actually really be happy for the Weaver family to leave but I am sure they want the Manager to go. Five years is a long time!!!!!
    nztownfan
    nztownfan

Post by nztownfan Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:15 pm

im going to be watching railway for the rest of the season I think... a local club a good manager I like and a club want to do well

I love town and have supported them for years and the current situation is terrible.

For the record I dont blame the players and there is many I admire and I hope they continue to fight to keepcus in the division.... because that is what our season is right now.
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:08 pm

JordanF wrote:Absolutely Ollie. Someone needs to take the blame and that person is not stepping up. It's just the same old excuses.

I was talking to a mate yesterday and it was his first time to Town for a few years. He thought I was taking the piss with the quality of the team. Unsurprisingly, he said he probably would not be returning for another couple of years.

Great to put a name to a couple of posters yesterday. Good to meet you!

quote="JordanF"]

Great to put a name to a couple of posters yesterday. Good to meet you![/quote]

Yes Jordan its nice to meet some off the posters on here, when i first came on here i did not know any of the posters only their knicknames but after meeting you and Martin, thetallacountant,Trevdee,and last week i met Niel29 and yesterday TS and what i have found is these guys are really nice guys when you talk to them ok you might not agree with some of the things they post but what comes across is their passion for Harrogate town and to see them do well, i look forward to meeting more posters on here, we all want to see Town going in the right direction its just debatable which route we are taking and who is driving the bus

Post by Guest Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:37 pm

Likewise rangerider, good to meet you and other town posters. Performance wise, yesterday was about as miserable as it could get but the camaraderie in the bar reminded me why I keep coming back. At my lowest I've been down the road to manse lane and to station view but it just ain't the same. If you're a genuine supporter you can't just switch off your allegiance and start supporting another team.
    V'
    V'

Post by V' Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:39 pm

town supporter wrote:Likewise rangerider, good to meet you and other town posters. Performance wise,  yesterday was about as miserable as it could get but the camaraderie in the bar reminded me why I keep coming back. At my lowest I've been down the road to manse lane and to station view but it just ain't the same. If you're a genuine supporter you can't just switch off your allegiance and start supporting another team.

Well said and totally agree with you.
    Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:32 pm

According to the Harrogate news

"It was an afternoon to forget at Wetherby Road as Solihull Moors coasted to a 4-0 victory over Town"

An afternoon to forget? Complete bollocks .... it was an afternoon never to forget....because we expect so much more from those selected to coach and play for a club celebrating 100 years

I have read some figures at the club tweeting that it was a "bad day at the office" .... not it wasn't .....take some responsibility and stop sweeping it under the carpet

Post by Guest Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:25 pm

Does 'Guest' still think we will go up?
    Gareth192001

Post by Gareth192001 Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:30 pm

100%
    Martin L

Time for a change - Page 2 Empty Time for Change.

Post by Martin L Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:54 pm

Me again. after time to reflect and calm down a bit I am still very, very concerned. firstly thanks for all the 1,000 views in 24 hours and comments, I think I nailed it with my post. I know I did.

Great ground, supporters and family values.....FACT.
    Nice long standing stalwarts and ambassadors........FACT.

ALL I WANT IS 3 POINTS AND GET PROMOTED !

Simon is an incredibly nice man, so are all the Weaver family..........FACT.

I just want change.

Simon to be a Director of Football, be the face of HTFC, very good at that. Macca be the Manager and bring in someone like Billy Miller from Railway, another incredibly good guy who knows how to coach and is already well respected by Simon.

Just a thought. We know Simon will always have a part to play here, but why not shuffle the pack and see if we can at least try to salvage something.

Look forward to your reaction..........I honestly believe if we are vocal and strong at this moment in time we can force change.

I am resigned to write off this season already, especially if there is no change............lets all think what we feel should happen and make a stance and change and be positive going forward. I hated Status Quo as a band, boring, bland and lacking talent, lets challenge the Status Quo.

This is Martin L signing off with a rant, quite polite and wanting a massive reaction.
    Gareth192001

Post by Gareth192001 Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:56 pm

Perfect other then the Macca bit if he can't effect things in his current position been the number 1 won't change a thing
    Martin L

Post by Martin L Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:01 pm

thanks Gareth, so who ? It was only a suggestion but lets really get going on this and make a move.....Deacey ?
    Championship Manager
    Championship Manager

Post by Championship Manager Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:05 pm

Martin L wrote:

Simon to be a Director of Football, be the face of HTFC, very good at that. Macca be the Manager and bring in someone like Billy Miller from Railway, another incredibly good guy who knows how to coach and is already well respected by Simon.

I think Macca is part of the problem, similar to Simon, a nice guy, UEFA A coaching badge, first coaching job......... these plans and formations that Simon comes up with, Macca must just go along with them, hardly the guy we need in charge.

For the life of me I don't know why Simon hasn't tried bringing in an experienced manager to work along side him before now, it seems it has now gone past that point.
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:21 pm

Gareth192001 wrote:Perfect other then the Macca bit if he can't effect things in his current position been the number 1 won't change a thing

Agree we need a complete clear out we need new ideas on the playing side
    nztownfan
    nztownfan

Post by nztownfan Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:34 pm

With the money that the family has Harrogate Town could attract a top non league manager.

Think about it we have a massive budget, a high level of players, lovely pitch and for a manager out of work there is worse places to move your family then Harrogate especially on good wages

I would argue we could attract any manager out of work in the north... possible some still in work too

but as we all know the disgisting nepotism currently at the club means nothing will ever happen

Post by Guest Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:36 pm

Martin L wrote:thanks Gareth, so who ? It was only a suggestion but lets really get going on this and make a move.....Deacey ?

He might fancy it after 4 straight defeats at BPA.

S.
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:43 pm

slicker wrote:
    Martin L wrote:thanks Gareth, so who ? It was only a suggestion but lets really get going on this and make a move.....Deacey ?

S.

good point, some on here say he looks like one of the Chuckle Bros well he always seems to have the last laugh on us when we play them

Post by Guest Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:47 pm

rangerider wrote:
    slicker wrote:

S.

good point, some on here say he looks like one of the Chuckle Bros well he always seems to have the last laugh on us when we play them

To me, to you.....

S.

Post by Guest Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:58 pm

Parsley from Farsley for what it's worth..

S.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:02 am

Get Mark Bower in from Guiseley.
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:43 am

From the Solihull Forum says it all really

It was a very enjoyable game, Moors played very well and Byfield impressed me.

Harrogate were poor and gave us so much time on the ball, but that takes nothing away from us!

COYM

Post by Guest Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:00 pm

Well, it looks like Simon has been reading the forum hence the delay for the post match comments.

Finally, a bit of honesty and him taking the blame for the poor performance!
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:05 pm

Jordan - but he waited to gauge reaction so for me it isn't sincere...He should have done that straight after the game, infact he should have taken the tannoy mic pre-match and apologized before hand for his **** tactics
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:06 pm

Oh I suppose we aren't sincere supporters, so why should he be a sincere manager.....Learns well from his father!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:47 am