Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+9
A1 drifter
TheNeil29
Up The Town
sasha1998
Innocent Bystander
paulstreet
trevdee
CCOB
Dark Knight
13 posters

Starting line up against Workington

Starting line up against Workington - Page 4 Empty Re: Starting line up against Workington

Post by Guest Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:32 pm

They are only the best when on form.

If they can't be arsed they're unprofessional irrespective of the Manager. They haven't been sidelined by anyone other than themselves and their own "class" performances.

S.
    gedmaloney

Starting line up against Workington - Page 4 Empty Re: Starting line up against Workington

Post by gedmaloney Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:06 pm

TheNeil29 wrote:No, he doesn't, you are correct in your assumption but lets not fool ourselves, a 3-0 win against a team bottom of the table isnt the second coming, and recent results have been totally unacceptable.

It will only start to be relevant if the club can go on a run now. Otherwise, this result will be held in scant regard.

Agreed
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:13 pm

Alienating the best 3 players to the extent they can barely be arsed to lift a finger - genius! [/quote]

Another reasoned observation TS - if Simon has dropped players with an explanation then it is up to them to either fight to get back into the team or move on - I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO DOUBT THAT ALL 3 PLAYERS IN QUESTION WILL TAKE THE FORMER ACTION.

Hardly "alienating the players" but let's see how they respond - my money is on revitalised trio but then I always was the eternal optimist affraid affraid 

Post by Guest Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:18 pm

It must just be the players then - same goes for brayson, turnbull, tait, dootson and gonzalez.

Post by Guest Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:24 pm

Another reasoned observation could be that a former employee is maintaining a very dignified silence despite been treated like absolute garbage. Will the club be agreeing a settlement anytime soon? Its just that it's been some time now.

Post by Guest Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:26 pm

slicker wrote:They are only the best when on form.

If they can't be arsed they're unprofessional irrespective of the Manager. They haven't been sidelined by anyone other than themselves and their own "class" performances.

S.
    Obviously just a coincidence then that players only choose to be unprofessional under Weaver. Funny that isn't it?

Post by Guest Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:37 pm

town supporter wrote:
    slicker wrote:They are only the best when on form.

S.
    Obviously just a coincidence then that players only choose to be unprofessional under Weaver. Funny that isn't it?
    It happens under every Manager, the problem is that when we were riding high in the play off spots and on a cup run, you didn't give him any credit, so no one really takes you seriously when you whinge now.

S.

Post by Guest Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:05 pm

I've just mentioned the first few that entered my head - meechan is another but there's plenty of them. I wouldn't trust Weaver running a Sunday league outfit unless his sole responsibility was taking down the goalposts and even then there's half a chance he'd get that wrong too. Seems little point debating with people who have their head in the clouds.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:49 pm

Woods, Bolder and Brown are just suffering from a loss of form. All players get it. The commitment of these 3 players should not be questioned, and whoever questions it, is a fool. These 3 players have been in the game long enough to know that criticism of their performances will happen, and they are professional enough to deal with that. I have no doubt in my mind that Simon will have told them why they haven't been playing, and I do believe all 3 will work hard and come good. The recent form of the team is extremely disappointing, but everyone has to take responsibility. Players and Manager included.

The solution to the current slump is simple. We do not have a 20/30 goal a season striker in our team. Liam, Chris, Ashley, Dominic or Dayle are not prolific goalscorers. I challenge these players openly to prove me wrong, start banging the goals in and start getting us up the table. It's your job to score goals. Give the fans a reason to turn up in their 600-700s. All we want as fans is for the club to be successful, so go out there and show us what you have got!
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:13 pm

quote "The solution to the current slump is simple. We do not have a 20/30 goal a season striker in our team. Liam, Chris, Ashley, Dominic or Dayle are not prolific goalscorers. I challenge these players openly to prove me wrong, start banging the goals in and start getting us up the table. It's your job to score goals. Give the fans a reason to turn up in their 600-700s. All we want as fans is for the club to be successful, so go out there and show us what you have got!"

something i have been saying since the end of last season but was told by Simon at the open meeting that we don't need to go and buy a prolific scorer then he goes and signs a striker on a months loan, at the end of the season the top five clubs will all have a prolific goalscorer sadly we won't be one of them
    TownUltra
    TownUltra

Post by TownUltra Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:34 pm

What starting line up and formation would you pick if you were the managers?
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:02 pm

It's not just 3 players though is it?

Woods, Bolder, Brown, Hall and Worsfold. We're not talking about one or two individuals letting us down. That's half the bloody team, inside of 10 games, all out of the starting XI!!! 5 supposedly top signings, players that "we're lucky to have" I believe is what was said earlier in the season.

It takes some serious gall for anyone to say that it's not down to the failings of an inept manager. Anyone who thinks otherwise is in complete and utter denial. It's beyond sycophantic.

slicker wrote:

I am not comfortable with a Chairman and a Son as the Manager of a football club either. However, I am prepared to take an overall view of all the pros and cons.

Yeah, it's called selling out. I'm just amazed so many supporters are prepared to do it and go along with this charade. They're scared of calling out the manager because they fear the consequences of the Chairman pulling the plug. Well I'm sorry but you just can't live like that.
    slicker wrote: God knows what other beef you have got to get so hot under the collar but that's your business, maybe just a dislike of people with money and influence, but that's life I'm afraid.
    It's quite simple, I've made my point several times now, but for the sake of clarity it's like this - I don't like my hometown football club being held to ransom in this way. I don't know who developer1 is and I'm not someone who buys in to conspiracy theories but he made some very valid points the other week. As far as I'm concerned, if the chairman is insistent on the current set up then he needs to be totally upfront about his intentions. The books need to be opened up for public scrutiny. There needs to be full disclosure of exactly what he has done for the club, exactly how much money he is putting in to the club. He talks about us being sustainable, if that's the case then no, his son doesn't have a job for life I'm afraid. Let's see it. Let's see all the evidence. Not just assumption and hearsay. And I'm sorry but no I don't consider necessities for a football club, such as a suitable playing surface and a decent website, as things that should make us beholden to the man. Things like this are the minimum requirements and just because the previous regime overlooked them doesn't mean we should be scared of wondering if whether someone else could actually do a better job.

Rome wasn't built in a day they keep saying to us. No, but a decent conference club shouldn't be out of the question within 5 years if you've got a huge personal wealth and you're using that as a weapon to keep your son in charge despite the fact he's done absolutely nothing of note in football to warrant the position. The chairman said he wouldn't see 8th place as a failure. So he can't be putting that much money in then eh? And also if 8th is not a failure why in the hell have slogans like "This Is Our Season" in the marketing? False advertising or what?

Honestly I have no agenda. I'm simply stating the obvious. This can never work. All the evidence is there. And yet despite all of this I think I've clearly demonstrated that I'm not being unreasonable as I have repeatedly said on this forum that I would give Weaver Jr one last chance at making the play offs next season despite the fact that I have no faith he'll ever succeed. So I'm hardly being unfair am I? I'm actually prepared to go along with this nonsense for another 18 months.

I know we'll never agree and only time will tell who's right so I guess we should leave it there but I felt I had to come back on and defend my position. I just think that perhaps some of you who are upset by my opinions are too close to the Weavers to have a rational view of things.

Anyway I've exhausted everything I could possibly say on the matter now. That's yer lot this time. Honest!
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:40 pm

DK, but all is not doom, you can now pay with your card.

You do make some extremely valid points here and I must admit the comments from developer1 did put some doubts into my mind on whether I trust the Weaver's to lead this club forward......I'm not saying I believe everything I read but it did all make sense. On the flip side developer1 could be way off the mark, after all it was once thought the world was flat.

Some evidence would be good, but you are never going to get that so unfortunately we will have to stick with our own opinions and hope that in time we all form a similar opinion that they did great things for H Town. Yup im sitting on the fence with this one because I am actually divided a little and not afraid to say.

Woods and Bolder hurry the feck up and get your form back lol so we can string a good run together and talk about that instead!

trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:41 pm

I do think if we had a great striker, we wouldn't even be going down this road, so Rangerider you were obviously wrong!
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:12 am

trevdee wrote:I do think if we had a great striker, we wouldn't even be going down this road, so Rangerider you were obviously wrong!
    about what?
    TownUltra
    TownUltra

Post by TownUltra Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:12 am

I think he's signed some great players. Some of them haven't delivered (yet).

3 games in the league now that we could win- could be a start of a run.

Come On Town
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:57 am

TownUltra wrote:I think he's signed some great players. Some of them haven't delivered (yet).

3 games in the league now that we could win- could be a start of a run.

Come On Town
    3 games in the league now that we should win.

But the point I've been trying to stress all along is that all the evidence suggests that even if we do win them and get on a run, it won't be long until the next slump or bad set of results. The bottom line is that this will be the managers 5th year at the helm during which time he's lost almost half of all his matches  affraid   I just want someone to give me some real reasons as to why they think that might suddenly change significantly enough for us to become a real force consistently in this division. Let's be honest it's just blind faith and hopeless optimism isn't it?
    TownUltra
    TownUltra

Post by TownUltra Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:22 pm

Big man, I hear all you say, surely though we should be positive and come together, enjoy what we have, and encourage them on, rather than look at the ifs and buts, especially as you say things are n't going to change- in the short term.

Middle table, at the moment, in the conference north after all is n't a disaster- it's a rock hard league this season. We all want to go up, but let's face it, we're not in a terrible position compared to where we could be.

The club is on the up, not on the way down?

Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:06 pm

TownUltra wrote: it's a rock hard league this season.

Not sure I agree with that. I haven't seen any team that I think we couldn't beat and there doesn't seem to be a great deal between a lot of the teams. There's certainly no world beaters in this division that's for sure. What do other people think? Tougher division than last season or should we really be mixing it at the top with North Ferriby and the likes? I mean if Brackley are one of the best teams this division has to offer, it makes you wonder.
    TownUltra
    TownUltra

Post by TownUltra Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:06 pm

I agree there isn't a stand out Chester like team like last year, but I think the general standard and average quality of team is higher. Anybody could beat anybody on their day.

trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:18 pm

I think the standard of the league is better on the whole but we have the players to be a stand out team (minus the strikers).........Alty have lost Bushell and lost to Boston today, just shows anyone can beat anyone........With a decent striker and some policing with the internal admin then we would be sitting in the top 3 now.

We can't afford any silly draws or losses now, but if we do put a good run together and maintain consistency, we could be that team who have the late surge (my preference as you take form into the playoffs)...Look at BPA last season and they were unlucky not to hit playoffs. Lets get the season out of the way and then open up the inquest because Weaver will have no excuses come the end of season....Until then we may aswell get behind the club
    TownUltra
    TownUltra

Post by TownUltra Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:54 pm

It won't let me post a link to the Town Torquay game, because I'm less than 7 days old. That's ageist!

I was going to say I want more days like that, starting with a visit to Wembley and the FA Trophy this season.

I also want the WRCC, we can pretend it's important, and hire a massive bus chilling to some cool beats as we saunter round town surrounded by screaming crowds.

Weavers- make it happen!

COME ON TOWN!

(Worst case scenario let's make the John Smith Trophy, the World John Smith Trophy challenge and claim to have smashed it this year.)

Harrogate Town AFC- World John Smith Trophy champions 13/14
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:01 pm

What happened with Nicky Boshell Trev???
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:31 pm

He has left alty and gone back to Guiseley as player/assistant manager.
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:05 pm

trevdee wrote:I do think if we had a great striker, we wouldn't even be going down this road, so Rangerider you were obviously wrong!
    wrong about what trevdee ?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:31 pm