Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+9
A1 drifter
TheNeil29
Up The Town
sasha1998
Innocent Bystander
paulstreet
trevdee
CCOB
Dark Knight
13 posters

Starting line up against Workington

silent stu

Starting line up against Workington - Page 3 Empty Re: Starting line up against Workington

Post by silent stu Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:48 am

The opposition were poor, but a nice battling performance. Took me 10 hours to write this, I must apologise, the arthritis is playing up
    TheNeil29

Starting line up against Workington - Page 3 Empty Re: Starting line up against Workington

Post by TheNeil29 Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:08 am

Slicker. I couldn't post as I was busy, I do have a life outside of the football club, and a busy and hectic one at that!

A 3-0 win against a bottom of the league team does not surprise me, and I wasn't present because I have more important matters to attend to.

From what I gather, it was a very good performance, and no complaints from me.

However, Workington are a team that we should be beating anyway, and Simon will know that. The question is if it can be produced on a consistent basis,

I do still think that Woods and Bolder should be first team. All they need is an arm around the shoulder and to fire them up. Criticism will happen, because you can see if they're playing well or not, but I do think that they are committed to the cause.

Get these two on form, and the rise up the table will happen.

Where's the club shrink???

Post by Guest Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:35 am

Dark Knight wrote:
    slicker wrote:
    Thanks for the balanced contribution. I am sure Town Supporter and Neil 29 will be on soon.

6 regular posters, ( your statement not mine) and a crowd of 318. Mmm, that means the forum represents roughly 2% of a poor midweek home attendance. No wonder the club can't be bothered with it anymore.

The football tonight was a refreshing interlude yet for some, an unwelcome interruption to their bitter and twisted ramblings.

Anyway, must fill the hot water bottle now and finish my Ovaltine.

Night Night Dark Knight.

S.

Haha! What a load of b***cks.

Where've you been the last month? Barely posted for weeks when there was plenty to discuss. I couldn't give a **** what the club think of the forum, their contempt for the paying fans is plainer than Susan Boyle. Yeah about 2% of 318 people are currently posting on here. Where have the other 350 people gone from the start of the season? They've voted with their frigging feet mate, they can't even be arsed to go to the match let alone comment on here.

Nobody wanted us to lose tonight, otherwise we'd be in a relegation battle right now.

Weaver won't take us up as long as he's got a hole in his arse. So you enjoy your ovaltine and have sweet dreams about us playing in the conference...because it's never going to happen with these jokers in charge.
    cracking response dark knight
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:38 am

Dark Knight wrote:
    slicker wrote:
    Thanks for the balanced contribution. I am sure Town Supporter and Neil 29 will be on soon.

6 regular posters, ( your statement not mine) and a crowd of 318. Mmm, that means the forum represents roughly 2% of a poor midweek home attendance. No wonder the club can't be bothered with it anymore.

The football tonight was a refreshing interlude yet for some, an unwelcome interruption to their bitter and twisted ramblings.

Night Night Dark Knight.

S.

Where've you been the last month? Barely posted for weeks when there was plenty to discuss. I couldn't give a **** what the club think of the forum, their contempt for the paying fans is plainer than Susan Boyle. Yeah about 2% of 318 people are currently posting on here. Where have the other 350 people gone from the start of the season? They've voted with their frigging feet mate, they can't even be arsed to go to the match let alone comment on here.

Nobody wanted us to lose tonight, otherwise we'd be in a relegation battle right now.

Weaver won't take us up as long as he's got a hole in his arse. So you enjoy your ovaltine and have sweet dreams about us playing in the conference...because it's never going to happen with these jokers in charge.

Perhaps you could expand on your comment "their contempt for the paying fans is plainer to see than Susan Boyle" - might also suggest you attend the next Q&A session which might improve your objectivity.

For heavens sake please dont take this personally:affraid: 

Post by Guest Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:42 am

Forgive me slicker since I have sinned, I did not attend last night’s game.

A few important points though – Workington are bottom of the league, the main reason for this is due to the fact that they’re not very good and don’t win many games. I expect they don’t have a very big budget. In addition, Workington’s manager has previously stated his frustration at not been able to attract key players to the club. Whether this is connected to the fact that the town is a dump and the only available employment is working as a pig farmer, I really don’t know. (Slicker – as tempting as it may be, there’s really no need to check local employment trends, just assume I’m right)

Workington aside though, I continue to believe that Simon is not cut out for management and I have even questioned whether someone like Cilla Black may be a suitable alternative. Others, such as rangerider, would prefer Holly Willoughby, but that’s up to him. Cilla would of course provide some great motivational team talks, which would be music to the ears of Bolder, Brown and Woods, and before you know it, we’re in the play offs. Anyway, I digress, Simon is better suited to another role, one that possibly has football in the title, but at the same time is a million miles away from management. Like Workington, this is due to the fact that he’s not very good.

The key to achieving anything like success is having Bolder, Brown and Woods firing on all cylinders. It’s reasonable to assume that some of the responsibility for their below par performances is connected to the manager, e.g. training methods employed (or lack of them), tactics (or lack of them), or quite frankly because he’s not very good. These are players that you wouldn’t normally associate as being troublemakers – Bolder made approx. 200 appearances for Derby County, so you’d think he may know something about how to apply himself by now.

Anyway, can’t really think how to draw this post to a conclusion, which is partly due to the pressure of having to type quickly (slicker – you pointed out that dark knight took 19 mins to post his response) and this post has taken me in excess of 20.

Bye for now

ps - Dark Knight – in case you missed great british bake off – I won’t spoil it for you, but there were indeed tears shed and finished off with victory for Frances. Mrs Town Supporter was most pleased with the outcome.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:18 am

Blimey, we win, and there is still vitriol flying around! In the unlikely event of anyone being interested I don't have a computer of my own, so use libraries of various sorts to join the 'debate'. And, of course, being 'of a certain age', I need a fresh tutorial every time I go in.

Anyway back to the match itself. OK, Workington were pretty poor (and Dean and Forrest very disapponting), but they did draw with Hednesford at the week-end. But we were actually pretty darn good, three good goals (each in their own way), Simon clearly did pick the right team (and made the controversial decision to leave our three 'best' players out), and they looked pretty well motivated to me...slanging match between Merris and someone else second half, for example.

Maybe too early to say but it looks like Hardy might be the 'real deal', his second goal was superbly taken, and he could have had a hat trick. Taylor and Dom Rowe looked good on the wing (I like Rowe's work rate), Craig didn't have a shot to save. I'm pleased to see Dwayne Samuels back, always liked him. Pity we aint got a game Saturday to build on this, but at least another home game to look forward to next.

Oh well, time to go...the 'Access' bus has just arrived.

Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:16 pm

gedmaloney wrote:
    Perhaps you could expand on your comment "their contempt for the paying fans is plainer to see than Susan Boyle" - might also suggest you attend the next Q&A session which might improve your objectivity.
    Because there is only one reason why Simon Weaver has been manager of this football club for the best part of 5 years and it ain't because he's any good. Simon is going to be manager NO MATTER WHAT. If that isn't holding the fans in contempt then what is? You're the one with no objectivity Ged because you're in bed with the shysters.

I don't need to go to a Q&A to hear all the propaganda and excuses a bit clearer have a better understanding of the situation. It's crystal clear. We're still going to be having these arguments in 4 or 5 years time aren't we?
    paulstreet wrote:Blimey, we win, and there is still vitriol flying around!

That was because Slicker came on here with an agenda, crowing after an easy win against a bunch of mugs and accused others of having an agenda because they weren't hailing the second coming within 10 minutes of last night's result.
    slicker wrote:
    Did it really take 19 minutes for you to write this sh*t.
    No it took me 3. The other 16 minutes I was looking back at your posts and finding out why they call you Slicker. Presumably it's short for Asslicker. You accuse people, who feel after 5 years the evidence suggests the manager isn't really up to it, of having an agenda and wanting the team to lose, when in fact it's you who has the borderline obsession with the man. If you were any further up his rectum, he'd have to start charging you rent.
    town supporter wrote:
    ps - Dark Knight – in case you missed great british bake off – I won’t spoil it for you, but there were indeed tears shed and finished off with victory for Frances.  Mrs Town Supporter was most pleased with the outcome.
    Well I'm just glad Ruby didn't win not because I didn't think she was any good but because I had an agenda, I simply didn't like her.
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:39 pm

[quote="Dark Knight"]
    gedmaloney wrote:
    Because there is only one reason why Simon Weaver has been manager of this football club for the best part of 5 years and it ain't because he's any good. Simon is going to be manager NO MATTER WHAT. If that isn't holding the fans in contempt then what is? You're the one with no objectivity Ged because you're in bed with the shysters.

Try talking to other supporters at Town fixtures and you might get a slightly more balanced view - other supporters do have the same frustrations that you appear to have, though they can also see the improvements that have gone on over the last few years - and they don't have an issue discussing their frustrations with the management team without resorting to personal abuse.
    Some might even argue that last season was a step up on anything we had achieved for some time but lets not let facts get in the way of personal abuse.
    And when it comes to objectivity, I would again offer the warmest possible welcome to you to attend the next Q&A - it will give you the chance to talk to other supporters to see if your view is in the majority - you may be surprised at what you hear and please don't insult other Town supporters by suggesting it is all a management PR job or that they are all brown noses (unless of course you are prepared to do it face to face!).Basketball 
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:26 pm

gedmaloney wrote:
    Try talking to other supporters at Town fixtures
    What makes you think I don't?
    gedmaloney wrote:other supporters do have the same frustrations that you appear to have, though they can also see the improvements that have gone on over the last few years
    Yes, yes the old trade off argument. Sick of hearing it. If people are happy to accept that then that's their prerogative. I however am not. The town football club is not someone's plaything. When you think clearly about the set up it's utterly preposterous. It's almost akin to Alex Ferguson buying Manchester United and putting his son Darren in charge. If you honestly think things like a few licks of paint, a bit of building work here and there, installing a credit card machine, updating the club website more than twice a month and providing a pitch that the team can actually play on are such wonderous innovations that we should be so eternally grateful for it that it warrants us giving a completely unproven manager the job on an eternal basis then count me out.
    Dark Knight wrote: please don't insult other Town supporters by suggesting it is all a management PR job or that they are all brown noses
    Right but I've got to put up with people like CCOB questioning some of our commitment because we're not all superfans that go to every single game or Slicker flinging his petty accusations around left right and centre just because we don't all share his cosy world view of things? It works both way Ged. The insults and accusations were slung my way first, I just responded in kind.
    gedmaloney wrote:(unless of course you are prepared to do it face to face!)
    You're very keen on this. You keep reiterating it. It's like a threat almost. If it's so important to you that I say these things in person then come and meet me, on your own, I'll gladly repeat them to you. There's nothing I've said that I wouldn't say to either of the Weaver's faces directly either. This however is a football forum Ged. One which, incidentally, the club have washed their hands of. So when you talk about things like right of reply, it's them who have taken their bat and ball home. They only want to do it on their terms at things they can control like the Q&A. We're going over old ground here, but you do understand what an internet forum is don't you? People can come on here and speak their mind as they wish. Yet whenever it's something you don't like, you feel the need to intervene on behalf of the club, even though they've severed their ties with this website, so you no longer have the right to come on here and say if you don't like things come and face us at the club. We're back to prickliness and Hitler again aren't we? Well it's a pity there wasn't an internet in 1933. Maybe a few more people would have been able to speak out.

I'm done here, that will no doubt please a few, but Royston Vasey just isn't for me. This isn't worth my time and the Weavers aren't worth my £12. Are we a football club or a bloody working men's club? 150,000 people...all supporting other teams up and down the country. It's little wonder really.
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:46 pm

Yet whenever it's something you don't like, you feel the need to intervene on behalf of the club, even though they've severed their ties with this website, so you no longer have the right to come on here and say if you don't like things come and face us at the club. We're back to prickliness and Hitler again aren't we? Well it's a pity there wasn't an internet in 1933. Maybe a few more people would have been able to speak out.

I'm done here, that will no doubt please a few, but Royston Vasey just isn't for me. This isn't worth my time and the Weavers aren't worth my £12. Are we a football club or a bloody working men's club? 150,000 people...all supporting other teams up and down the country. It's little wonder really.[/quote]

Priceless!! - so you can say what you like but I lose that right although I'm a paid up member of the Supporters Club, and then you suggest a comparison with Hitler:affraid:  - wonder how you might have responded if I had made that comment? Prickly maybe?

TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:33 pm

Wow, I thought I could rant, but Dark Knight makes me look timid!!...lol! lol! 
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:27 pm

TheNeil29 wrote:Wow, I thought I could rant, but Dark Knight makes me look timid!!...lol! lol! 
    Bring back TS - all is forgiven:shock: LaughingShocked
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:00 pm

All this Dark Knight just because you couldn't buy a shirt with your card lol......Anyway lets all not forget, football is just a game, enjoy it for what it is. I'm sure we all have bigger fish to fry in life.

Post by Guest Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:18 pm

town supporter wrote:
    Dark Knight wrote:
    slicker wrote:

Night Night Dark Knight.

S.

Thanks for proving something very clearly to all.

Although this is allegedly a Forum, in reality, neither of you can actually stand to have a rational debate when it comes to the Manager and by implication the Chairman.

You have a view, you won't change it ( even if we get promoted and win the FA Cup in the same season ) because you can't stand the thought that the Manager has in your opinion " the safest job in football " due to the family involvement. God knows what other beef you have got to get so hot under the collar but that's your business, maybe just a dislike of people with money and influence, but that's life I'm afraid.

I am not comfortable with a Chairman and a Son as the Manager of a football club either. However, I am prepared to take an overall view of all the pros and cons. In my view I can live with it at the moment, but who knows that the balance may shift and I might change that view.

I take note of a lot of posters on here who comment with some sense about players, formations, tactics, attitudes etc, but all this bile and bitterness directed on a personal level towards the Manager whatever the on the pitch outcome is quite frankly, a joke.

But please don't pretend you are having a debate. You clearly think that "shouting" your opinions makes them more credible, when all that happens is you look like a bunch of extremists on some kind of mission. You and TS must have cornered the worlds supply in raw nerves if a few minutes of me tapping away on a non league forum winds you up so much.

Some of us have been at work today dealing with the real world.

S.

TownUltra
    TownUltra

Post by TownUltra Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:38 pm

Hello, i'm new to the Town forum. Looking forward to chatting. Looks like we're all great mates on this. Nothing better than a bit of togetherness...Laughing 

Post by Guest Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:51 pm

TownUltra wrote:Hello, i'm new to the Town forum. Looking forward to chatting. Looks like we're all great mates on this. Nothing better than a bit of togetherness...Laughing 
    Welcome.

Just remember to take off your belt and remove your shoelaces, you'll be fine.

S.
    TownUltra
    TownUltra

Post by TownUltra Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:58 pm

Kinky.

I like it.

Come on Town.

Post by Guest Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:00 am

slicker wrote:
    town supporter wrote:
    Dark Knight wrote:
    slicker wrote:

Night Night Dark Knight.

S.

Although this is allegedly a Forum, in reality, neither of you can actually stand to have a rational debate when it comes to the Manager and by implication the Chairman.

You have a view, you won't change it ( even if we get promoted and win the FA Cup in the same season ) because you can't stand the thought that the Manager has in your opinion " the safest job in football " due to the family involvement. God knows what other beef you have got to get so hot under the collar but that's your business, maybe just a dislike of people with money and influence, but that's life I'm afraid.

I am not comfortable with a Chairman and a Son as the Manager of a football club either. However, I am prepared to take an overall view of all the pros and cons. In my view I can live with it at the moment,  but who knows that the balance may shift and I might change that view.

I take note of a lot of posters on here who comment with some sense about players, formations, tactics, attitudes etc, but all this bile and bitterness directed on a personal level towards the Manager whatever the on the pitch outcome is quite frankly, a joke.

But please don't pretend you are having a debate.  You clearly think that "shouting" your opinions makes them more credible, when all that happens is you look like a bunch of extremists on some kind of mission. You and TS must have cornered the worlds supply in raw nerves if a few minutes of me tapping away on a non league forum winds you up so much.

S.

I rather think its dark knight that's hit a nerve with you. Personally I find dark knights posts (perhaps with the exception of the references to Hitler! ) quite refreshing. Anyway, sounds like there goes another satisfied customer. At least we can all pretend everything is wonderful again.

Cherrio

TS

Post by Guest Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:30 pm

town supporter wrote:
    slicker wrote:
    town supporter wrote:
    Dark Knight wrote:
    slicker wrote:

Night Night Dark Knight.

S.

I am not comfortable with a Chairman and a Son as the Manager of a football club either. However, I am prepared to take an overall view of all the pros and cons. In my view I can live with it at the moment,  but who knows that the balance may shift and I might change that view.

But please don't pretend you are having a debate.  You clearly think that "shouting" your opinions makes them more credible, when all that happens is you look like a bunch of extremists on some kind of mission. You and TS must have cornered the worlds supply in raw nerves if a few minutes of me tapping away on a non league forum winds you up so much.

S.

I rather think its dark knight that's hit a nerve with you. Personally I find dark knights posts (perhaps with the exception of the references to Hitler! ) quite refreshing. Anyway, sounds like there goes another satisfied customer. At least we can all pretend everything is wonderful again.

Cherrio

TS
    So you don't disagree.

Time to move on.

S.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:04 pm

I'm glad you said that S, and not me.

What a thread!!

Post by Guest Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:32 pm

Enough for a whole Psychiatrists Conference.

S.
    Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:22 pm

Our Manager certainly doesn't need to see a psychiatrist - he doesn't shrink from tough decisions
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:29 am

No, he doesn't, you are correct in your assumption but lets not fool ourselves, a 3-0 win against a team bottom of the table isnt the second coming, and recent results have been totally unacceptable.

It will only start to be relevant if the club can go on a run now. Otherwise, this result will be held in scant regard.

Post by Guest Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:05 pm

I must come and visit cloud cuckoo land. Alienating the best 3 players to the extent they can barely be arsed to lift a finger - genius!
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:23 pm

Imagine what money the club are basically throwing away by not playing these 3??

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 6:06 pm