Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+9
A1 drifter
TheNeil29
Up The Town
sasha1998
Innocent Bystander
paulstreet
trevdee
CCOB
Dark Knight
13 posters

Starting line up against Workington

trevdee
    trevdee

Starting line up against Workington - Page 2 Empty Re: Starting line up against Workington

Post by trevdee Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:02 pm

lets hope that drainage system is doing its job...........The worse thing about facing Dean and Forrest is they will feel they have a point to prove
    Up The Town
    Up The Town

Starting line up against Workington - Page 2 Empty Re: Starting line up against Workington

Post by Up The Town Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:41 pm

Game is on
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    sasha1998
    sasha1998

Post by sasha1998 Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:27 pm

town supporter wrote:
    sasha1998 wrote:ASHLEY WORSFOLD SHOULD BE STARTING!!!Mad 
    He does start,  but sadly its mostly on the bench. Why should he make the starting XI?
    because he creates goals and scores goals like in pre-season and i,m his brother:o 
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:10 pm

so almost a wag.....to be fair I would start him to play along side Hall, but that is too simple for Simon!

Post by Guest Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:22 pm

trevdee wrote:so almost a wag.....to be fair I would start him to play along side Hall, but that is too simple for Simon!
    Don't start a Simple Simon thread....

I will let you all finish the rest.

S.

Post by Guest Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:34 pm

trevdee wrote:reminds me of the dogtanians slogan

" one for all and all for one"...............cheesy!
    Any suggestions as to the three Muskehounds ?

S.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:23 pm

What's the attendance?
    A1 drifter

Post by A1 drifter Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:46 pm

Listening to Radio York - 10 minutes or so updates only. H - T Town 2 - 0 !

Come on Town !

Post by Guest Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:56 pm

3-0 now. Another great goal for Hardy.

Post by Guest Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:19 pm

Attendance 318
    A1 drifter

Post by A1 drifter Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:29 pm

Town 'cruising' according to the radio. Hardy M O M.
    Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:52 pm

Town cruised to a win against a team that would struggle in the Evostick! My MoM was Cleveland Taylor - good high tempo performance from everyone, perfect night for football - pressure on for places now!
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:05 pm

Well tonight proved that when you have good ingredients you need to keep it simple as Gordon Ramsay would say.......Rocket science or common sense? really 4-4-2, two pacey wingers plenty of outlet, players played in correct positions and two guys up front job done.

Bolder for Nowakowski and we have our starting 11 at long last (and thats only because against better teams we need to retain possession a bit better in the middle. I would be tempted to play Nowakowski instead of Franks though.

Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:10 pm

Agree with that! Natural width, pace and a willingness to shoot on sight make a difference in this league

Post by Guest Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:23 pm

Not one shot on target from Workington.

Now, what about HTFC ?

Thoroughly professional performance, obviously the Manager played no part, the team picked itself, motivated itself and is probably a model for other clubs to follow.

The other unique feature is a fans forum where the team win 3 - 0 and hardly anyone posts.

Would it be insincere to think that certain "supporters" may actually be disappointed with tonights result, due to their not so fragile nor hidden personal agendas. At least they're sincere about it.

S.
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:26 pm

trevdee wrote:  really 4-4-2, two pacey wingers plenty of outlet, players played in correct positions and two guys up front job done.

Finally what we've been waiting for. Simon and the boys seem to be responding to our criticism at last! Done well tonight, keep it up.

The only disappointing thing about tonight is that we don't have a game until a week on Saturday. Hardy has obviously got his eye in now so hopefully he'll still be in the same frame of mind by the time the Oxford game comes around.

I am still concerned about the long term. Will the big guns be patient and will they come back in and do the business if and when we need them to? Maybe we can still mount a comeback this season. Still more questions than answers at this stage though, Workington were no great shakes and once again it could and should have been a lot more, however the important thing is we've stopped the rot and have something to start building on again now. Fingers crossed.
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:35 pm

slicker wrote:
    The other unique feature is a fans forum where the team win 3 - 0 and hardly anyone posts.
    I don't know if you've noticed but there are only about 6 regular posters on here...and they've all posted tonight. And I'm sure not everyone goes straight home after the match to fire up their laptop either, give them chance, most of them are in their 60's and we should just be grateful they even know how to access an internet forum.

slicker wrote:

Thoroughly professional performance, obviously the Manager played no part, the team picked itself, motivated itself and is probably a model for other clubs to follow.
    Haha! We've just beaten the bottom of the league at home. I knew there'd be a few posts like this but tonight hardly redeems Weaver. If we string some results together then fair enough, one or two of us might take a few things back or even reconsider our opinion of the guy but until then I wouldn't be so smug.

slicker wrote:
    Would it be insincere to think that certain "supporters" may actually be disappointed with tonights result, due to their not so fragile nor hidden personal agendas. At least they're sincere about it.
    If you're suggesting anyone on here wants us to lose then you're an epic tool.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:38 pm

Well I know we witnessed a poor Workington tonight, but I actually think we made them look poor...On sat they apparently outplayed Hednesford and don't forget it wasn't long ago some of us were gutted to lose Luke Dean - Can't remember him even touching the ball.

I think Hardy should be our lead front guy and I'm pretty sure he can be a 25 goal season guy...Tonight I saw glimmers of what I saw when he first signed for us but I do worry that Weaver will try to accommodate those absent midfielders and in doing so, revert back to 3 in midfield and leaving our striker isolated.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:40 pm

Anyone notice a certain Aspin there tonight?? Wonder if he was scouting.
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:55 pm

great result against the bottom of the league team who our under 21s would have beaten, but now we have two home games to get moving up the table, and i'm still not convinced with the manager we have

Post by Guest Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:59 pm

Dark Knight wrote:
    slicker wrote:
    I don't know if you've noticed but there are only about 6 regular posters on here...and they've all posted tonight. And I'm sure not everyone goes straight home after the match to fire up their laptop either, give them chance, most of them are in their 60's and we should just be grateful they even know how to access an internet forum.

slicker wrote:

Haha! We've just beaten the bottom of the league at home. I knew there'd be a few posts like this but tonight hardly redeems Weaver. If we string some results together then fair enough, one or two of us might take a few things back or even reconsider our opinion of the guy but until then I wouldn't be so smug.

slicker wrote:

If you're suggesting anyone on here wants us to lose then you're an epic tool.
    If people can't be ar**d to post when we win, but are all over this form like a rash when we lose, then I would suggest they are the ones who live in a toolbox. If you can't see that than go to Specsavers.

There doesn't seem to have been any arthritic delays or pensioner broadband confusion over the last month when it comes to negativity. Still, if that's what people get off on then that's up to them. Only saying.

Credit to those who are prepared to keep an open mind and come on here tonight with a balanced view.

S.
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:15 pm

slicker wrote:If people can't be ar**d to post when we win, but are all over this form like a rash when we lose, then I would suggest they are the ones who live in a toolbox.  
    Who? Who hasn't posted? And likewise there are some who only come on here when it suits their agenda, so it works both ways. Plenty of folk have barely posted at all the last month despite the fact that there's been a hell of a lot more to debate than usual. Kept their heads well below the parapet haven't they? Now they come on here crowing after a win against relegation fodder. Jesus.

Post by Guest Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:05 am

Dark Knight wrote:
    slicker wrote:If people can't be ar**d to post when we win, but are all over this form like a rash when we lose, then I would suggest they are the ones who live in a toolbox.  
    Who? Who hasn't posted? And likewise there are some who only come on here when it suits their agenda, so it works both ways. Plenty of folk have barely posted at all the last month despite the fact that there's been a hell of a lot more to debate than usual. Kept their heads well below the parapet haven't they? Now they come on here crowing after a win against relegation fodder. Jesus.
    Thanks for the balanced contribution. I am sure Town Supporter and Neil 29 will be on soon.

6 regular posters, ( your statement not mine) and a crowd of 318. Mmm, that means the forum represents roughly 2% of a poor midweek home attendance. No wonder the club can't be bothered with it anymore.

The football tonight was a refreshing interlude yet for some, an unwelcome interruption to their bitter and twisted ramblings.

Anyway, must fill the hot water bottle now and finish my Ovaltine.

Night Night Dark Knight.

S.

Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:24 am

slicker wrote:
    Thanks for the balanced contribution. I am sure Town Supporter and Neil 29 will be on soon.

6 regular posters, ( your statement not mine) and a crowd of 318. Mmm, that means the forum represents roughly 2% of a poor midweek home attendance. No wonder the club can't be bothered with it anymore.

The football tonight was a refreshing interlude yet for some, an unwelcome interruption to their bitter and twisted ramblings.

Night Night Dark Knight.

S.

Haha! What a load of b***cks.

Where've you been the last month? Barely posted for weeks when there was plenty to discuss. I couldn't give a **** what the club think of the forum, their contempt for the paying fans is plainer than Susan Boyle. Yeah about 2% of 318 people are currently posting on here. Where have the other 350 people gone from the start of the season? They've voted with their frigging feet mate, they can't even be arsed to go to the match let alone comment on here.

Nobody wanted us to lose tonight, otherwise we'd be in a relegation battle right now.

Weaver won't take us up as long as he's got a hole in his arse. So you enjoy your ovaltine and have sweet dreams about us playing in the conference...because it's never going to happen with these jokers in charge.

Last edited by Dark Knight on Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:01 am; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:28 am

Dark Knight wrote:
    slicker wrote:

Night Night Dark Knight.

S.

Haha! What a load of b***cks.

Where've you been the last month? Barely posted for weeks when there was plenty to discuss. I couldn't give a **** what the club think of the forum, their contempt for the paying fans is plainer than Susan Boyle. Yeah about 2% of 318 people are currently posting on here. Where have the other 350 people gone from the start of the season? They've voted with their frigging feet mate, they can't even be arsed to comment.

Nobody wanted us to lose tonight, otherwise we'd be in a relegation battle right now.

Weaver won't take us up as long as he's got a hole in his arse. So enjoy you your ovaltine and have sweet dreams about us playing in the conference...because it's never going to happen with these jokers in charge.
    Did it really take 19 minutes for you to write this sh*t.

JK Rowling can sleep easy.

S.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:17 pm