Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+7
Martin L
Dan_Gleebitz
gedmaloney
TheNeil29
trevdee
Ball and Socket
paulstreet
11 posters

State of the pitch and the cover

paulstreet
    paulstreet

State of the pitch and the cover Empty State of the pitch and the cover

Post by paulstreet Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:56 am

Anyone with an update on this vital matter? It rained heavily in Leeds on Saturday, was it the same here? I'm in Harrogate now and the rain is really heavy. Is the pitch unprotected? Does the 5 day need for dry weather remain in place? If so it means assuming its dry from tomorrow we could have the cover on Saturday...could be a bit late Shocked

Any news/info at all gratefully received. I can't bear to think of Saturday being off Sad Sad
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

State of the pitch and the cover Empty Re: State of the pitch and the cover

Post by paulstreet Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:15 pm

Weather forecast for Harrogate (BBC ) is for dry weather from tomorrow...so hope springs eternal!

Lots of viewers, not many posters...come on guys, don't leave it to me and The Kaiser Smile
    Ball and Socket

Post by Ball and Socket Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:04 pm

The club are loojing for volunteers to help the groundsman get the cover on the pitch. Have they been successful?
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:18 pm

If we look back to before the Vauxhall game the pitch hadn't been played on for a few weeks and in all that few weeks we had a slight drizzle the night before the game with the majority of weather been blue skies, yet the pitch was still hardly playable. We have now had 2 days of constant rain, with rain on and off for the days before to the point where the county is flooding (inc parts of the stray) so if the game goes ahead the players will need flippers and snorkles.

Even if they managed to get the cover on, we haven't had the 5 days required to dry the pitch out and whether the rain stops tonight and the pitch is allowed 5 days to breathe im not sure it will still be playable (just my opinion and not inside info).
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:35 pm

I am very worried about whether Saturday is going to happen. The rain lately has just been ridiculous, and more to come tonight (I hope the cover is on!!)

Can anyone at the club provide an update as of today?
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:56 pm

I think the problem we have here also is that our line of communication wont use these forums again so not sure if we will get answers
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:29 pm

Forecast gives cause for optimism - 3 drying days and everyone desperate to get the game on and football is very important in our lives but you only need to watch the news to put things in perspective. Prayer mats out!
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:18 am

Well, when did the cover go onto the pitch?
    Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

Location : Harrogate, near the beefburgers (but not the chips)

Post by Dan_Gleebitz Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:01 am

Where does the water we pump out go to Question
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:44 am

Well, I'm obsessivly checking the 5 day weather forecast and, fingers crossed, it doesn't look too bad. Light rain at times today and then it SHOULD be dry (albeit cold) until Saturday. Not sure I can stand the tension!
    Martin L

Post by Martin L Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:21 am

I am going down to the ground in the morning to get more tickets for people at work, so I can give you all an update. The BBC weather forecast is good for the remainder of the week with some sunshine on Thursday and Friday. I am becoming increasingly optimistic we can get the game on, however how the pitch will play (i really dont mind!)

BE POSITIVE ! Imagine a comprehensive victory, few beers with fellow fans, go home, fish and chips, X Factor (I am 42 yo) and highlights of Town on the box. I have died and just gone to heaven !

If/When Town win, are we able to run on the pitch and collect some commerative mud ?

OOH TOWN !
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:00 pm

Sounds great Martin except for the X-Factor bit...why spoil a great evening Smile
    TooManyPies

Post by TooManyPies Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:18 pm

I have a feeling its going to be on. It has to be on!!! On potential pitch invasions, I think we all need to beg and plead with whoever we know is going to NOT run on the pitch if we did win. I'm sure it wont look appealing anyway at the end but imagine how it would look if 2,000 people have been jumping on it. Could set it back weeks. Perhaps ask Hastings the same thing.

Also, we could win by 10, draw Man Utd and I could win the lottery but if I watched X-factor it would still have to be a rubbish day!
    Martin L

Post by Martin L Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:29 pm

Ok I will drop the X Factor and just give my girlfriend some attention ! HTFC Widow.
    Hovis

Post by Hovis Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:04 pm

On the subject of died and gone to heaven , also perhaps for another thread , and also perhaps we should not discuss as tempting fate , but .........

After running on the pitch to celebrate a win, few beers , fish and chips or curry , ( drive back to London for some so miss X Factor ) ......WHO DO WE WANT IN THE THIRD ROUND !!! ???? We have all thought about it , perhaps dont want to discuss now ...??????

I will dip my toe in , as a massive Arsenal fan and Town fan of course , I would dream for Arsenal v Harrogate Town ...!!!

Anyone dip toe in or should we leave this discussion for Saturday evening ?

Cheers

Hovis
    Martin L

Post by Martin L Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:06 pm

Please HOVIS, dont go there, just yet. This sort of loose talks is very dangerous lol !!!! We shall have that chat on Saturday early evening I hope.

Anyone but Millwall (Home or Away) though !
    Hovis

Post by Hovis Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:19 pm

Martin ...ok lets discuss in the bar Saturday afternoon ....but the temptation to discuss is immense ...!!

Roll on Saturday ...praying the game is on ! Not long to go now ..

Is the 3rd round draw after the MK Dons v Wimbledon game on Sunday ?
    Martin L

Post by Martin L Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:20 pm

I am not entirely sure when the draw is, does anyone out there know ? To be in the 3rd round draw surrounded by the fans, players and directors in the bar on the Sunday would be amazing.

I have already booked Monday off work !!!!
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:26 pm

Martin L wrote:I am going down to the ground in the morning to get more tickets for people at work, so I can give you all an update. The BBC weather forecast is good for the remainder of the week with some sunshine on Thursday and Friday. I am becoming increasingly optimistic we can get the game on, however how the pitch will play (i really dont mind!)

BE POSITIVE ! Imagine a comprehensive victory, few beers with fellow fans, go home, fish and chips, X Factor (I am 42 yo) and highlights of Town on the box. I have died and just gone to heaven !

If/When Town win, are we able to run on the pitch and collect some commerative mud ?

OOH TOWN !

Erm, you aren't going home. We can stay in the club and watch it with a beer!! I'm sure we can get fish and chips there?

I am going to be there for about 1130 on Saturday. What time you getting there?
    Martin L

Post by Martin L Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:38 pm

I am meeting up with friends and family (one from canada, one from France) at 10am in Weatherspoons !!!! Hope to be down at the club at c11.30am.

I am very hopeful now that this will be ON ON ON !!!!!
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:44 pm

I will be in the club bar then anyway. Starting in the Empress at about 11!!!
    michael e

Post by michael e Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:28 pm

I've also looked at the forecast & hoping the match is played on Saturday. A long way from Hastings if any of their supporters travel up on Friday, and then the match is postponed.

If it is delayed to a midweek fixture the potential attendees (esp. visiting supporters) would be much lower.
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:25 am

An update: given the amount of rain over the last week, month, year, the groundstaff are pleased with how the drainage system has coped with the most recent monsoon and, subject to an accurate weather forecast, there is no reason why the game wont go ahead - the pitch will be covered tomorrow night and Friday night to guard against any danger of frost and everything is now in place for the biggest day in club history. May the force be with us cheers
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:30 am

Ged, many thanks for the update. It is much appreciated by me, as much as it will be appreciated by all the HTFC fans who read posts on this forum.
    Ball and Socket

Post by Ball and Socket Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:45 am

Thanks Ged. Have you any idea when the ref will be doing his pitch inspection please. Will it be the match ref or a local ref? With Hastings travelling up on Friday will it be Friday morning? The weather forecastovernight tonight is that we are going to have frost on the ground tonight-3!!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 3:55 pm