Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

5 posters

CNG..Pitch

boselecta

CNG..Pitch Empty CNG..Pitch

Post by boselecta Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:41 pm

With players getting injured weekly now it seems and some very bad injuries as well... Louie, Andi and Lloyd to name just 3.IMO.. I really think if they had been tackled on grass maybe,just maybe they might have got away with a nasty knock/twist.

3/4 g pitches may be the way forward but this season as totally taken its toll on our players..
    What do the forum members think?
    A1 drifter

CNG..Pitch Empty Re: CNG..Pitch

Post by A1 drifter Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:54 pm

My main thoughts at the moment are to wish all the best and a speedy recovery to Swainy, Andi and Lloydy who have all given their best efforts to us this season. We don't seem to be able to get through one or two games these days without an injury to one of our players. Bad luck or what?
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:10 pm

Are there any stats or research on this issue? Is 3G more dangerous? Common sense might suggest the surface is less yielding, but what do I know. Or is it just bad luck, coincidence?
    KatSwinn

Post by KatSwinn Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:50 am

My initial reaction when Kerry got injured was that it was caused by the pitch as no one seem to be near him when he went down.

Swain and Thanoj also have bad injuries. One knee injury is bad luck, but when we are talking about 3 all at the same time then questions will be asked about the pitch.

There is mixed research on 3G in terms of whether it is more dangerous. I'm not an expert, but my understanding is that there is less give in 3G than in natural grass so it may obviously take its toll particularly on knees over a prolonged period.
    Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:32 am

Think some of the injuries this season have occurred during matches away from home as well! I.e. Knowles & Shields!
    Not sure how Tamworth, Maidstone & Sutton have done this season for injuries?
    Have we had any extra injuries in training compared to last season?
    To be fair we have suffered similar amount of injuries here in previous season on a grass pitch!
    Still needs reviewing though as whether you’re full-time, part-time, play on grass or 3g if you keep picking up loads of injuries every season this will bound to have a negative effect in your performances on the pitch!
    Maidstone United & Sutton United have both managed to get promoted on a 3G pitch though!!!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:19 pm