Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+2
Big Lundy
nobby99
6 posters

State of the pitch.....

nobby99

State of the pitch..... Empty State of the pitch.....

Post by nobby99 Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:47 pm

Great result today but the state of the pitch is very worrying. Granted we had rain last night, but its been dry today and most of the previous week and there was still loads of surface water about, it was almost as if it was coming back up out of the ground. The drainage clearly isn't working; hope we've got our money back from the 'contractors'.

Not sure what more the club can do beyond the work done earlier this week. Could at the very least put sand down for the linesman. Poor sods either had to run on the pitch or a metre back from the trenches that are developing. Maybe that excuses the linesman that didn't notice our first goal was offside and the second never crossed the line Laughing

Still good performance and result, just can't see many games being played on that pitch this winter. There needs to be a contingency, being nice to Railway might not be a bad idea.....
    Big Lundy

State of the pitch..... Empty Re: State of the pitch.....

Post by Big Lundy Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:58 pm

No Blue Square North games allowed @ Railway!
    Ok with County Cup & F.A. Trophy games down there though!

Last edited by Big Lundy on Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
    nobby99

Post by nobby99 Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:04 pm

Big Lundy wrote:No Blue Square North games allowed @ Railway!
    Ok with County Cup & F.A. Trophy games down there though!
    Station View is a dump!
    It was embarrassing having to play the F.A. Cup game down there!!!!!!!!!!
    Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Well they must be ok for FA Cup Round 2 matches as they've staged them twice. Anyway I said be nice to them, otherwise its Knaresborough/the Stray....
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:37 pm

It is what it is Nobby, we have a detailed explanation by Irving and we just have to get on with it...If we have to play a load of games at the back end of the season then that's what we got to do. At least next season when the grass has matured and established we will have a great pitch that isn't as slopey as it once was!
    TooManyPies

Post by TooManyPies Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:00 pm

Dont Yorkshire CCC have a super sopper at Headingley? Reckon we could borrow it for a bit? Smile
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:56 am

Sorry Nobby but can't let your e mail go without a comment. The 1st goal was definitely NOT offside I was bang in line when the ball was played and he was on side - end of. The 2nd goal IMO was over the line and although I was not bang in line the assistant was - would have been easy for him not to make a decision but he did and IMO he got this one correct as well. As for the penalty how many times are these not given by the Assistants in our good old Premiership - this assistamt had the balls to give it. As a referee myself it always amazes me that when we get it wrong we get it in the neck and when we get it right we are still told we got it wrong. I am the 1st to criticise officials when they get it wrong - the officials yesterday were 1st class - wonder if we would have had loads of complaints if the "offside" goal had been disallowed. Laughing (ps. talking of the Premiership surprised none of our BBC commentators noted Webbs excellent advantage which led to a goal)
    nobby99

Post by nobby99 Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:28 am

Take your word for it on the offside if you're a ref (never argue with the ref etc - take note Alan White). However, I was right behind the goal line and the 'second' didn't come within 12 inches of crossing the line. To be fair none of our players actually claimed it - they looked equally dumbfounded as VM to see the linesman had given it. The penalty was a penalty not arguing about that. We more than deserved to win which is the main thing . Just got lucky with a couple of decisions, other days we won't get the luck, so I'll take yesterdays...
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:49 am

I too was concerned about the pitch Saturday. I guess as Trevdee says 'it is what it is', but what it is looks a bit dodgy! I can see us having to play 3 home games a week come April to make up. Not too bothered about that, but it would be a real reputational blow to the club if anything happens to stop the FA Cup game going ahead, A Tuesday evening just won't be the same.

Still, good win Saturday, I'd have put money on a Brackley scoreline at half time, but we let them back in a bit second half, although never any real danger of them getting back to 3-3. 5 straight wins, 11 without defeat, impressive stats (and performances) by any standards. Tough game tomorrow, it will be interesting to see if we can keep this run going. 12th in the league and games in hand of everyone!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:03 pm