Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+10
trevdee
paulstreet
TownUltra
Yorkshire Yankee
TheNeil29
OllieRiley
alfiejdickson
nztownfan
Dark Knight
rangerider
14 posters

retained list out

OllieRiley
    OllieRiley

retained list out - Page 3 Empty Re: retained list out

Post by OllieRiley Fri May 16, 2014 5:13 pm

I seriously don't know what Weaver sees in Nelthorpe. He is short tempered and loses his cool very quickly. He is also a terrible left back that is always a sleep and always out of position. In midfield he keeps giving the ball away and if with Nowakowski, we will have some serious issues in midfield. Whenever we need a cool head out there on the pitch, he shows his petulance and gets yellow carded. Simon has got some SERIOUS work to do because the quality of squad that we have now would struggle to mount a mid-table finish.
    TownUltra
    TownUltra

Post by TownUltra Fri May 16, 2014 8:27 pm

I like Nelthorpe, he works hard and has quality. Think he's a useful squad player. LB maybe not but LW and CM very handy.

TS- on the motivation point, Bolder has been playing 3-4 leagues below his past standard, he should be bossing it every week even if semi- motivated and it just hasn't happened this season for him. The player has to take some responsibility for that you can't just blame the manager if a player stops running and head goes down when things go against the team when they go a goal down.
    A1 drifter

Post by A1 drifter Fri May 16, 2014 9:33 pm

I agree that Nelly is committed and enthusiastic but his aggression worries me - 10 yellow cards last season if I've counted correctly. Bit of a liability - compare James Dean some seasons ago. Good player no doubt but just needs to be sure of the role expected of him.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Sun May 18, 2014 9:50 am

Taken from the Alty forum:

Why does Damien's FB page say "Former" Altrincham God?

Oh please let him and Walshaw come to Harrogate!!
    A1 drifter

Post by A1 drifter Sun May 18, 2014 10:18 am

I fully agree and hope it happens. However when I've looked at the Alty fans forum from time to time it seems the two of them haven't always seen eye to eye. I hope there's nothing in that now and it would be fantastic to have both (or even one of them if that's being greedy).
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Sun May 18, 2014 10:37 am

Yeah I saw that too, but on the whole they both assisted in getting the team promoted by banging in the goals....I hope we bring in quality all over the pitch though...I can see Weaver bringing in 2 special strikers and us struggling to supply them with chances all season.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Sun May 18, 2014 10:40 am

Didn't realise he actually lives in Doncaster
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Sun May 18, 2014 12:13 pm

trevdee wrote:Didn't realise he actually lives in Doncaster

yes he does and hes a plasterer by trade maybe Irving can give him a job on his new houses as well as playing for us nice little earner
    Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Sun May 18, 2014 7:51 pm

Damien Reeves was on the non-league show this money (5 live) confirming that he will sign a new contract for 2014-15 with Altrincham

Post by Guest Sun May 18, 2014 9:14 pm

Not sure if Irving could afford him anyway - only no. 744 in today's Sunday times rich list, estimated wealth £123m
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Mon May 19, 2014 9:52 am

If I had that amount of money, I would certainly speculate to accumulate and sign the quality we need.

We have still had no news of any signings, and cluns around us are getting business done (Guiseley, for example) It wouldnt surprise me if he is offering deals to players and they are all saying no. His reputation for being tactically inept, and being unable to motivate his players will get around the non-league circles as they were for me, the main 2 problems last season. Injuries are no excuse at all, every club has them. He had a big enough squad to provide cover.

Remember, as per Ed White's comments in the advertiser, there are no more excuses. Anything less than promotion will be deemed as failure in my opinion.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon May 19, 2014 11:10 am

For a brief moment there I had visions of Reeves and Walshaw wearing the yellow and black next season...the heat is getting to me.

Still, there can't be many non-league clubs with an owner in the Times Rich List, bit frustrating if he isn't using the money to get the best players here.

I do agree that maybe the word is out in non-league circles (the players must talk to each other) that Harrogate are all mouth and trousers (as my mother used to say), and maybe we are struggling to get the best players in.

So, open that bulging wallet a little more Mr Weaver sir, and lets get some quality in next season.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Wed May 21, 2014 12:21 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Cleveland has found another club.
    TownUltra
    TownUltra

Post by TownUltra Wed May 21, 2014 11:52 pm

Cometh the hour cometh the Walshaw. The alabaster sculpure opened its eyes in a dream last night and said 'aye TU I hear your prayer' the Weaver has spoken, a stand sprouted in front of my eyes at the hospital end and hoards of yellow and black were jumping up and down in front of a 100 sign. Then I woke up and it was all a dream, but the spinny thing was still whirring on the table... maybe, just maybe..

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 4:39 am