Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+10
trevdee
paulstreet
TownUltra
Yorkshire Yankee
TheNeil29
OllieRiley
alfiejdickson
nztownfan
Dark Knight
rangerider
14 posters

retained list out

trevdee
    trevdee

retained list out - Page 2 Empty Re: retained list out

Post by trevdee Thu May 15, 2014 2:26 pm

Ryan Toulson and Danny Lowe both released by Halifax......Hmm are we in need of a right back?
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Thu May 15, 2014 2:35 pm

Spencer Weir-Daley has left Boston....plenty of decent available players out there now, will be shocked if we can't bag at least a decent goal scorer.
    j2021

Post by j2021 Thu May 15, 2014 2:45 pm

We are in need of right back and left back, Toulson and Lowe would be good signings. Get on it Simon!

Post by Guest Thu May 15, 2014 4:00 pm

James Walshaw has announced he will not be staying with Alty. Come on Irving - get your cheque book out!
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Thu May 15, 2014 4:06 pm

Hopefully, Damien Reeves will follow suit!!!
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Thu May 15, 2014 4:12 pm

do we want to sign a player who has no ambition to play in the premier conf?
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Thu May 15, 2014 4:15 pm

There could be a number of reasons as to why he doesn't want to remain without questioning his ambition. Work? Change of Scenery? New Challenge?

It could also be that if Altrincham will go pro next season, he wants to remain semi-pro?

He would be an excellent addition to our squad.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Thu May 15, 2014 4:18 pm

yeah just looking at stats, 29 in 35 goals aint bad at all so ambition couldnt be questioned
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Thu May 15, 2014 4:21 pm

would be nice to hear something soon, just to give us a little confidence
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Thu May 15, 2014 4:40 pm

We wont be the only ones after him, so we need to strike while the iron is hot. He would be a real statement signing if we were lucky enough to get him.

I dont think he would demand anywhere near the wages of Bolder/Woods for example. So, could be an option?

Post by Guest Thu May 15, 2014 5:23 pm

Nelthorpe did anyone rate him?

Post by Guest Thu May 15, 2014 5:56 pm

A couple of Alty fans have been linking him with Harrogate - no idea why but would be great if true.
    A1 drifter

Post by A1 drifter Thu May 15, 2014 10:00 pm

Over - ambitious maybe, but it must at least be worth a phone call to enquire about future plans for Platt at York and Knowles at Burton. Neither had a regular first team place last season.

Post by Guest Thu May 15, 2014 11:33 pm

Knowles was class love him back at town ash just behind him
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Thu May 15, 2014 11:38 pm

Gareth192001 wrote:Nelthorpe did anyone rate him?

no but Simon thinks he's ok
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Fri May 16, 2014 10:25 am

Gareth192001 wrote:Nelthorpe did anyone rate him?

I do rate Nelthorpe. The only problem I had last season is that he was deployed into so many different positions, he wasnt tactically astute enough to understand all the positions he played in.

However, I believe Nelthorpe is a quality footballer, but in order to get the best out of him, he needs to play consistently in the same position, and only be utilised in a different position when absolutely necessary.

I think that if he starts at left back, he will be a revelation. He has got enough pace to neutralize pacy wingers, he isn't scared to run at players with the ball, and the best one for me, wont shirk 50/50 challenges. He isnt the tallest character, but he seems agile enough to get good height for headers, and wouldnt be scared to put his head in.

He is the type of player Simon wants, he is a grafter, and a worker.

j2021

Post by j2021 Fri May 16, 2014 11:08 am

Firmly believe Nelthorpe shouldn't be deployed as a left back.

Played there a number of times last season and he gave away chances, usually through bad positioning. I can remember occasions when a ball to the back post, where he should have been was freely headed into the net by the oppositions attacker, also remember a penalty been given away.

He gives the ball away far too often to be a left back, I'd be worried, tries too many tricks and risks. At left back and central midfield he would have to tackle too much and I can see him getting sent off a few times a season.

Now, saying all that, he is still a good player to have around.

BUT, for me he's a left winger or only occasional cover for left back or central midfield.
    His crossing of a ball is brilliant, he can take on players well and we've seen he can finish.

Just my opinion I'm happy for Nelthorpe to play but please bring a more solid left back in Simon.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Fri May 16, 2014 11:45 am

Please let it be Walshaw, give my summer a boost! It would be good to have Toulson and/or Lowe back. Lets hope the phones at the CNG are in melt down mode.

According to yesterday's Advertiser the manager admitted that Brown/Bolder had been let go 1) to release money to sign a forward and 2) to get more pace into next season's side. The budget, it would seem, is going to be the same. Come on Irving, you can't take it with you...spend it on Town!
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Fri May 16, 2014 12:04 pm

Just been checking: Lowe and Toulson are both in their late 20's so should be in their prime still. Incidentally Dominic Roma has been saying he wants to stay at Trinity but has had offers from elsewhere that he has to consider. Would be a fantastic signing for us.

TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Fri May 16, 2014 12:18 pm

TheNeil29 wrote:There could be a number of reasons as to why he doesn't want to remain without questioning his ambition. Work? Change of Scenery? New Challenge?

It could also be that if Altrincham will go pro next season, he wants to remain semi-pro?

He would be an excellent addition to our squad.

As quoted on the Altrincham website:

James Walshaw (pictured) will not be joining the club in the Conference Premier for the 2014/15 season.
    After thinking long and hard about the extra travel involved, along with his work commitments and his young family, Walshaw has decided that his future lies elsewhere.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Fri May 16, 2014 12:20 pm

j2021 wrote:Firmly believe Nelthorpe shouldn't be deployed as a left back.

Played there a number of times last season and he gave away chances, usually through bad positioning. I can remember occasions when a ball to the back post, where he should have been was freely headed into the net by the oppositions attacker, also remember a penalty been given away.

He gives the ball away far too often to be a left back, I'd be worried, tries too many tricks and risks. At left back and central midfield he would have to tackle too much and I can see him getting sent off a few times a season.

BUT, for me he's a left winger or only occasional cover for left back or central midfield.
    His crossing of a ball is brilliant, he can take on players well and we've seen he can finish.

Just my opinion I'm happy for Nelthorpe to play but please bring a more solid left back in Simon.

Well, out opinions differ, but I suppose next season will be the acid test, if in fact Simon is going to use him as a Left Back.
    rosvere

Post by rosvere Fri May 16, 2014 12:27 pm

paulstreet wrote:Please let it be Walshaw, give my summer a boost! It would be good to have Toulson and/or Lowe back. Lets hope the phones at the CNG are in melt down mode.  

According to yesterday's Advertiser the manager admitted that Brown/Bolder had been let go 1) to release money to sign a forward and 2) to get more pace into next season's side.  The budget, it would seem, is going to be the same. Come on Irving, you can't take it with you...spend it on Town!  
    We've missed the boat again Paul.Lowe as signed for Guiseley.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Fri May 16, 2014 12:40 pm

Why havent we announced any signings yet?

Clubs all around us are doing their business early!! C'mon Irving and Simon!! Give us some good news for a change.

Post by Guest Fri May 16, 2014 12:43 pm

Agree with all this
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Fri May 16, 2014 12:46 pm

town supporter wrote:

Agree with all this

Well, we will see next season what he can do, if deployed in that manner by Simon.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 5:30 am