Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+9
A1 drifter
paulstreet
JackHTFC
HTAFC Press Officer
trevdee
Dan_Gleebitz
rangerider
TheNeil29
nztownfan
13 posters

Chib heads released list...

trevdee
    trevdee

Chib heads released list... - Page 2 Empty Re: Chib heads released list...

Post by trevdee Thu May 16, 2013 9:48 am

Don't think anyone is prejudice to Bloomer, it is more that we realise he will help keep the club steady but not push the club forward....He puts in his all, did do ok towards the end of the season so can't critisize that but just lacks ability to drive Harrogate into playoffs and beyond. If Adam goes then so would Tad probably so that will never happen.

Larkin, Chibs, Alan gone, beesley staying on non contracts, signings iminant, wonder when we will find out. Can't see us not signing good strikers as Chibs was a reasonable striker and did alot for the club so therefore we must be eyeing up top class strikers for this level.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Thu May 16, 2013 10:13 am

I think on the basis of it all, i'm pleased so far with the outgoings/decisions so far. The only negative for me, and I would like to know Simon's thought method behind this, is why Luke Dean was released and Adam Nowakowski retained. Luke Dean is a way better player than Adam, so on that basis, Trevdee may have a point as to why Adam was retained. It will be interesting to see how he figures in Simon's plans this season.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Thu May 16, 2013 10:30 am

I will ask that very question on saturday! You going?
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Thu May 16, 2013 11:05 am

Can't unfortunately. I am in your situation this time. Got the little one whilst missus is out in York! (Unless her plans change)

You will have to let me know what is said.

Post by Guest Thu May 16, 2013 12:27 pm

Just to clarify, peter, any criticism of mine was not directed at yourself. As rangerider rightly pointed out, any official anouncement should have published on the clubs website first. After that, Simon is free to tell anyone he likes. After all you're the press officer!

Playing wise , bloomer and Nowakowski will remain liabilities - there are notable examples when both players have let the side down. If the club is serious about promotion then these players would have been released. Other factors determine that they stay, which is a great shame. Oh well, at least the ground will look nice!
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Thu May 16, 2013 12:48 pm

I've nothing against these 2 in a personal way (just thought i'd make it known now) Nowakowski was found out last season, when he started playing with the likes of Bolder, Bolland, Woods etc. It just disappoints me, as there is no logical reason as to why he was retained (apart from maybe being re-trained as a Defender). I'm beginning to think that Trevdee and TS have a real point here.

With Matt Bloomer, I'm a little bit in 2 minds about this. Part of me agrees with TS, but then the other part of me thinks he should be given an opportunity in Pre-Season to see what he can do, then take it from there, but I cant see any other logical reason, apart from the fact that he will provide an option from the bench as a back up player as to why he has been kept.

Even with these 2 players being retained, I do believe they will provide nothing much more than backup to the first team for next season, and will have probably been cheap, salary wise to retain.

I do believe that the club is really serious about promotion, but the fact that Simon has retained 2 players that people seem to have certain views on, will not affect the bigger picture. That I am sure of. I had the privilege of speaking to Simon at length at the presentation night, and I do believe that this club is only going in one direction, and that is up. A point that was also shared by several players and staff, who I also was lucky enough to speak to.

I'm now awaiting to see who else is retained for next season, and who we sign.

I do honestly think there will be a few surprise signings for next season. Players that wouldnt have looked twice at Harrogate Town 2/3 years ago.
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Thu May 16, 2013 2:16 pm

[ quote]I do honestly think there will be a few surprise signings for next season. Players that wouldnt have looked twice at Harrogate Town 2/3 years ago.

i hope your right
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Thu May 16, 2013 3:21 pm

I have a strange feeling Seddon from Halifax will be coming to North Yorkshire. I don't know why but I just have a niggling feeling as he was on the subs bench at Fax and I would be suprised if they didn't go at it hard in the transfer market
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Thu May 16, 2013 3:36 pm

Well, if that is the case, we will have stiff competition to obtain his signature.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Thu May 16, 2013 3:40 pm

Its probably not the case just my gut telling me or I'm dreaming again!
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Thu May 16, 2013 3:42 pm

Would like Newsham from Bostom and Ryan Kendall from North Ferriby
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Thu May 16, 2013 3:55 pm

trevdee wrote:I have a strange feeling Seddon from Halifax will be coming to North Yorkshire. I don't know why but I just have a niggling feeling as he was on the subs bench at Fax and I would be suprised if they didn't go at it hard in the transfer market

Hes 32 now not sure if it would be a good move but has experience just not sure
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Thu May 16, 2013 3:56 pm

him and a younger guy like Knowles would be great....from what I have seen he can hold the ball really well and bring others into play and has the eye for goal...infact him and newsham would be perfect
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Thu May 16, 2013 3:58 pm

Where did Armstrong ever go after Blyth, he was usefull and that winger who went back to Blyth?
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Thu May 16, 2013 4:05 pm

Graham Armstrong was at Whitley Bay and Wayne Phillips was at Spennymoor, last I heard.
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Thu May 16, 2013 4:54 pm

trevdee wrote:him and a younger guy like Knowles would be great....from what I have seen he can hold the ball really well and bring others into play and has the eye for goal...infact him and newsham would be perfect

Sounds good to me then
    A1 drifter

Post by A1 drifter Thu May 16, 2013 10:08 pm

TheNeil29 wrote:Graham Armstrong was at Whitley Bay and Wayne Phillips was at Spennymoor, last I heard.

Wayne Phillips very much in evidence at Spennymoor Town. Has a regular place in the team and as tricky as ever when I have seen him at the Brewery Field. Also won the FA Vase with them (beat Tunbridge Wells 2 -1)a couple of weeks ago. Some very good players in that squad.
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Fri May 17, 2013 9:42 pm

town supporter wrote:Lack of respect that this news has been filtered out to local media reporters and via some twitter sources but nothing on website or any official announcement. And the club wonders why supporters don’t attend presentation evenings, etc!
    Nowakowski isn’t suited to any playing position in the Conference North – the same can be said for Beesley and Bloomer. If they weren’t playing for us then they’d be unibond premier standard at best.

Supporters do attend presentation evenings!!!
    j2021

Post by j2021 Sat May 18, 2013 8:31 am

Is no-one going to praise Peter for the interview on the website with Simon.

Watched the full 25 minutes and got to say it was a really interesting listen. Great to hear his reasons behind his decisions, not just with players released but decisions over the whole season. Also great to see how passionate he is for our future plans, certainly seems up for the battle!

Thanks a lot peter!

Excited already, bring on pre-season!

TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Sat May 18, 2013 10:46 am

gedmaloney wrote:
    town supporter wrote:Lack of respect that this news has been filtered out to local media reporters and via some twitter sources but nothing on website or any official announcement. And the club wonders why supporters don’t attend presentation evenings, etc!
    Nowakowski isn’t suited to any playing position in the Conference North – the same can be said for Beesley and Bloomer. If they weren’t playing for us then they’d be unibond premier standard at best.

Supporters do attend presentation evenings!!!

Yes, they do, because I was one of only a small handful of fans who attended the last one!!
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Sat May 18, 2013 11:02 am

j2021 wrote:Is no-one going to praise Peter for the interview on the website with Simon.

Watched the full 25 minutes and got to say it was a really interesting listen. Great to hear his reasons behind his decisions, not just with players released but decisions over the whole season. Also great to see how passionate he is for our future plans, certainly seems up for the battle!

Thanks a lot peter!

I watched the interview in full also, and I was impressed by what I heard, but I still don't understand his reasoning behind releasing Luke Dean? When you have Adam Nowakowski, who is not 20% as good as Luke Dean, and has been retained?

It is my opinion, and my thought process is because Adam's dad, Tad Nowakowski is a director of the club. If his son was released, he would leave also, and after the amount of hard work Tad has put in over the past few years for the club, which has been immense, and he should be thanked for, the club might not want to let him go?

I may be totally wrong with this assumption, but I honestly cant think of any other reason? Because on the pitch, I don't see how he is better than Luke, apart from in the air and vocally.

It may sound like I am being very hard on Adam, but I have nothing against him, and he is a hell of a better footballer than I will ever be!! But as an outsider and a fervant fan of the club, looking in and not involved in the club, I cant help but think cynically about this.

paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Sat May 18, 2013 2:59 pm

Yes it was a fascinating interview, thanks Peter. No doubting Simon's wholehearted committment to the club and to aim for promotion: very articulate too, hardly any 'you knows' at all!
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Sat May 18, 2013 10:22 pm

food for thought but two thirds of the Chester team have either departed or departing from Chester and their top scorer for last season, Jarvis (lives in Scunthorpe) is on the transfer list as he wont commit to 3 training sessions a week..........Now if we are as ambitious as what we say we are we would be going after some of these........Oh and the younger of the Boshells hasn't followed his brother to Alty yet.
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Sun May 19, 2013 8:51 am

TheNeil29 wrote:
    j2021 wrote:Is no-one going to praise Peter for the interview on the website with Simon.

Thanks a lot peter!

I watched the interview in full also, and I was impressed by what I heard, but I still don't understand his reasoning behind releasing Luke Dean? When you have Adam Nowakowski, who is not 20% as good as Luke Dean, and has been retained?

It is my opinion, and my thought process is because Adam's dad, Tad Nowakowski is a director of the club. If his son was released, he would leave also, and after the amount of hard work Tad has put in over the past few years for the club, which has been immense, and he should be thanked for, the club might not want to let him go?

I may be totally wrong with this assumption, but I honestly cant think of any other reason? Because on the pitch, I don't see how he is better than Luke, apart from in the air and vocally.

It may sound like I am being very hard on Adam, but I have nothing against him, and he is a hell of a better footballer than I will ever be!! But as an outsider and a fervant fan of the club, looking in and not involved in the club, I cant help but think cynically about this.

With respect to the above why not have a word in person with Simon at one of the friendly games as I am sure he would be more than happy to give you his thoughts.
    For what it's worth I would make the following points:

1.Most Blue Square managers will have a budget to work too which is finite - a manager will then have to look at his squad on a "global" basis (ie. if I want to invest in a top striker I may have to pay over the odds which may mean I have to sacrifice in other areas - the benefits of having players like Matt Bloomer who can play in a variety of positions then becomes self evident).
    Getting this balance right is down to the manager and with 3 years experience under his belt, and progress made year on year, I would be optimistic that Simon's squad for the up coming season will show further improvement vs last year, which could make for an interesting season.
    2. IMO NOBODY gets selected in the Town team on the basis of a parent being a Director - they are selected on merit and while we can all have an opinion on whether a player deserves selection, the manager makes the final decision and he will make that taking a number of factors into consideration.
    3. Finally, a short anecdote. I knew a chap who was selected to play in an outstanding University team which included 3 International Captains and some great individual players - he was picked by a gruff Scottish Manager for 2 reasons - he had a big mouth and could organise the team, and he could kick the ball from one area to the other. He was told that if he did anything else he would be dropped. The chap was called Ged Maloney and the point being, we are all part of a team jigsaw with different contributions to make.

And so ends War and Peace but I hope this perspective helps affraid

Post by Guest Sun May 19, 2013 2:31 pm

In other words, Blooper is of limited ability, but he's cheap and can play in a variety of positions.
    Nowakowski is picked not on the basis of his parent being a Director but on the basis that the manager knows little about football and for some insane reason thinks he's better than Luke Dean - this is of course, nonsence. Roll on next season!!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:53 pm