Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+9
A1 drifter
paulstreet
JackHTFC
HTAFC Press Officer
trevdee
Dan_Gleebitz
rangerider
TheNeil29
nztownfan
13 posters

Chib heads released list...

nztownfan
    nztownfan

Chib heads released list... Empty Chib heads released list...

Post by nztownfan Wed May 15, 2013 1:23 pm

Harrogate Town have released Chib, Luke Dean, Jonny Allen and Jose De Veiga according to boss Simon Weaver

However Merris, White,Samulas, Bloomer, Adam N, Beesley (1 year deal according to his facebook), Dan Clayton and Woods are staying which is good news

Mr Weaver you better have a plan by releasing FA Cup Hero Chib and leaving us with No (?) strikers... I would put money on just about every Blue Square North team licking thiers lips at the chance to get him.

Chib heads released list... Empty Re: Chib heads released list...

Post by Guest Wed May 15, 2013 1:54 pm

Thanks for the update. Mixed news really, securing the services of Merris, White and Wood is pleasing, but Bloomer and Nowakowski certainly isn’t.

Always liked Luke Dean – another player that has not been developed properly at the club. I’m sure he’ll find another club that will coach him better. Chib has not been consistent enough and if the club is to build on 6th place then it makes sense to release him. Overall though, with Bloomer, Nowakowski and Beesley playing for us, it would seem unlikely that the club will finish any higher than we did in 2012/13.
    nztownfan
    nztownfan

Post by nztownfan Wed May 15, 2013 2:07 pm

town supporter wrote:Thanks for the update. Mixed news really, securing the services of Merris, White and Wood is pleasing, but Bloomer and Nowakowski certainly isn’t.

Always liked Luke Dean – another player that has not been developed properly at the club. I’m sure he’ll find another club that will coach him better. Chib has not been consistent enough and if the club is to build on 6th place then it makes sense to release him. Overall though, with Bloomer, Nowakowski and Beesley playing for us, it would seem unlikely that the club will finish any higher than we did in 2012/13.

Dwayne staying is the best bit for me personally... great footballer

However Chib is going to be snapped up by one of our close rivals... imagian Danny Holland playing off Chib.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Wed May 15, 2013 2:10 pm

nztownfan wrote:Harrogate Town have released Chib, Luke Dean, Jonny Allen and Jose De Veiga according to boss Simon Weaver

However Merris, White,Samulas, Bloomer, Adam N, Beesley (1 year deal according to his facebook), Dan Clayton and Woods are staying which is good news

Mr Weaver you better have a plan by releasing FA Cup Hero Chib and leaving us with No (?) strikers... I would put money on just about every Blue Square North team licking thiers lips at the chance to get him.

Do you have a link for this information?

If this is true, then it's a mixed bag for me. Definitely agree with the decision to release Chib, Allan and De Veiga. 3 very good decisions there.

Not best pleased with the decision to keep Nowakowski. I'd preferred to retain Luke Dean in all honesty. The only way this will work is if Adam is moved to central defence as he is not skillful enough to be a midfielder, and his height would be a very useful asset in dealing with balls into the box.

Although i'm not conviced about Bloomer and Beesley, as they are squad players at best. I'm delighted that we have retained Merris, Samuels, White, Woods (especially) and Dan Clayton. Add Killock, Bolder and McGillivray. That is a very good and solid foundation to begin with.

nztownfan
    nztownfan

Post by nztownfan Wed May 15, 2013 2:15 pm

TheNeil29 wrote:
    nztownfan wrote:Harrogate Town have released Chib, Luke Dean, Jonny Allen and Jose De Veiga according to boss Simon Weaver

Do you have a link for this information?

If this is true, then it's a mixed bag for me. Definitely agree with the decision to release Chib, Allan and De Veiga. 3 very good decisions there.

Not best pleased with the decision to keep Nowakowski. I'd preferred to retain Luke Dean in all honesty. The only way this will work is if Adam is moved to central defence as he is not skillful enough to be a midfielder, and his height would be a very useful asset in dealing with balls into the box.

Although i'm not conviced about Bloomer and Beesley, as they are squad players at best. I'm delighted that we have retained Merris, Samuels, White, Woods (especially) and Dan Clayton. Add Killock, Bolder and McGillivray. That is a very good and solid foundation to begin with.

Several reporters including one from the Advitisor Very Happy

Post by Guest Wed May 15, 2013 2:28 pm

Lack of respect that this news has been filtered out to local media reporters and via some twitter sources but nothing on website or any official announcement. And the club wonders why supporters don’t attend presentation evenings, etc!
    Nowakowski isn’t suited to any playing position in the Conference North – the same can be said for Beesley and Bloomer. If they weren’t playing for us then they’d be unibond premier standard at best.
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Wed May 15, 2013 2:30 pm

Could be Simon's got some top quality strikers lined up to sign Laughing now who could they be?
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Wed May 15, 2013 2:31 pm

The website is always a week behind Mad
    Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

Location : Harrogate, near the beefburgers (but not the chips)

Post by Dan_Gleebitz Wed May 15, 2013 2:43 pm

Couldn't find it on the Advertiser site, but here you go:-

Current released list
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Wed May 15, 2013 2:46 pm

I've really got to respect him for explaining to the players in person, but I still disagree with the departure of Luke Dean. He had a lot more to offer in my opinion:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    nztownfan
    nztownfan

Post by nztownfan Wed May 15, 2013 2:57 pm

Adam if you still read the forum kick on over the next few months :-) and prove everyone wrong.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Wed May 15, 2013 3:05 pm

I'd like him to really kick on, but I dont think he will. I just dont think that he is good enough to be at the club now when you look at the other standard of players that have signed on for next season/contracted. If I was Weaver, I would have offered him non-contract terms, just like Beesley. But Weaver should now try and play him alongside White/Killock and see how he gets on, and if that doesnt work, then release him or send him out on loan.

I have my own thoughts on why he has been retained, but thats my opinion.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Wed May 15, 2013 5:07 pm

Mixed feelings for me - Weaver is right to release Chibs, as he doesn't cut it, can't even lift his head up to make a pass, plus I bet he is on a pretty penny. Luke Dean is a good footballer, never really got a chance. I imagine with Larkin gone too, we can expect some good striking arrivals, perhaps seddon of Halifax or someone of that stature.

We all know my feelings about Adam, he isn't good at this level, perhaps a squad player on the bench ready to throw on in a dog fight. Bloomer did ok towards the end of the season - in goal!! but again perhaps they are retained because they are cheap squad players. Will be interesting to see what is said on Sat
    HTAFC Press Officer
    HTAFC Press Officer

Post by HTAFC Press Officer Wed May 15, 2013 5:09 pm

Normally I wouldn't reply to this as it usually leads to abusive emails being posted to me but,

Unfortunately when Simon broke the news I was at work and as much as I would like to have rushed onto the computer and updated the website I was unable to do so.

It is unfortunate that the Advertiser released the news before I got chance but that is their job and unfortunately could't be helped. I will apologise that it wasn't on the website sooner but time constraints beat me pure and simple. I know that certain people on this forum will just see this as a cop-out and an excuse to have a go - so go for it, I can't stop you. It wasn't meant as a lack of respect to the fans - just bad timing.

To say that the website is a week behind all the time is totally unfair. I do my hardest to make sure that all news given to me is on the site within 24 hours of its release. Most times it is on a lot sooner (within an hour).

I have said this before and I will say it again, if anyone else would like to take over my job, then please feel free to email your details and CV to the club and I am sure that they will give it serious consideration.

Kind regards,

Peter
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Wed May 15, 2013 5:19 pm

rangerider wrote:The website is always a week behind Mad

You should apply for his job then!!! Laughing d

Post by Guest Wed May 15, 2013 5:27 pm

Calm yourself down peter - you do a splendid job. I'm sure most of us are far more concerned about the likes of Nowakowski and Blooper putting pen to paper for another year - its ridiculous that they're both still at the club and continues to make the club a laughing stock for other teams.
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Wed May 15, 2013 7:36 pm

TheNeil29 wrote:
    rangerider wrote:The website is always a week behind Mad

You should apply for his job then!!! Laughing d

no thank you but i did apply for the managers job once but i was told i was over qualified as i once ran a Sunday league side lol!

trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Wed May 15, 2013 8:45 pm

If I did the website, last years information would still be filtering through...your not bad at it really and the award wasn't won for taking your foot off the gas, but you should know some people on here like to grumble about stuff.

We do have huge concerns about Adam and Bloomer re-signing, and I was going to buy a season ticket, however not so sure now, I have a strange feeling Adam will be played regularly at centre mid and not sure I can stomach it.
    JackHTFC
    JackHTFC

Post by JackHTFC Wed May 15, 2013 8:58 pm

Think Chib leaving is the right decision can't thank him enough for what he's done for us though, Great fella who loves his football,

However, for me he just wasn't clinical enough in front of goal needed to much time in front of goal and played with his head down. Weaver's right we need to go next level and it'll be interesting to see who he brings in, says on the advertiser website that 2 deals are close to being finalised
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Wed May 15, 2013 9:00 pm

i'm sorry but i don't have Facebook or Twitter if i want to know something about the club i visit the club website i just didn't understand why the club releases information to every Tom Dick and Harry first before its released on the website, and maybe i exaggerated when i said a week should have been two days
    HTAFC Press Officer
    HTAFC Press Officer

Post by HTAFC Press Officer Wed May 15, 2013 9:20 pm

rangerider wrote:i'm sorry but i don't have Facebook or Twitter if i want to know something about the club i visit the club website i just didn't understand why the club releases information to every Tom Dick and Harry first before its released on the website, and maybe i exaggerated when i said a week should have been two days

May I ask for examples please.

Kind regards,

Peter
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Wed May 15, 2013 10:07 pm

try today, the club could have held the news till you could have posted it on the web site thats what the web sites for giving news to supporters not having them scouring round news sites for information, i know it can be difficult for you when you are at work so why did they give it out before you could post, i found it on this forum but not everyone reads this forum they go to the official website
    HTAFC Press Officer
    HTAFC Press Officer

Post by HTAFC Press Officer Wed May 15, 2013 10:21 pm

rangerider wrote:try today, the club could have held the news till you could have posted it on the web site thats what the web sites for giving news to supporters not having them scouring round news sites for information, i know it can be difficult for you when you are at work so why did they give it out before you could post, i found it on this forum but not everyone reads this forum they go to the official website

Whilst I can see what you are saying, in this instance the original interview with the advertiser did take place after I was informed. Unfortunately I couldn't get to my computer in time to update the main website before the advertiser tweeted. It is something that will be addressed by the club, so hopefully it won't happen again.

Not really two days behind however, hours I grant not days.

kind regards,

Peter
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Wed May 15, 2013 10:24 pm

ok thank you Peter
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Thu May 16, 2013 9:38 am

I suppose I was half expecting it, but still a bit of a shock to see that Chib is going. He looked nailed on for 20 goals back in November, but fell away after that. Sad, but will always be a Town star for me. Likewise sad to see Luke Dean go, realy liked him. Hard to explain a talented player like that being released and Adam N being retained. The prejudice against Matt Bloomer is hard to understand, he did well this season and has been a great servant to the club...have some respect!

Wonder if league club interest in Craig has dropped away? Great to keep Woods, but he still might be snapped up by a team who can offer full time wages. No word about Paul Bolland yet. Or Elam or Danny Forrest.

We really DO need those strikers now: hope Irving and Simon can deliver.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:31 pm