Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

5 posters

Time to go

Time to go Empty Time to go

Post by Guest Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:49 pm

Simon has been in the job long enough now. Surely it's time for Irving to fund a new hobby for Simon, do us all a favour and bring someone else in.

Your views???
    htown

Time to go Empty Re: Time to go

Post by htown Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:30 pm

I'm sorry but all some fans ever seem to do is moan about Simon. Yes, Simon clearly isn't the greatest tactically and doesn't have vast amounts of managerial experience but he puts 10x more effort and time into the club than any other manager would and eventually his persistence will pay off. To the fans who said towns squad is the best in the league that's clearly not true. Although i agree that there are worse squads in the league there are by far superior squads and regardless of peoples opinion of Simon our current position is actually quite healthy when you take the level of competition into consideration.

Post by Guest Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:44 pm

htown wrote:I'm sorry but all some fans ever seem to do is moan about Simon. Yes, Simon clearly isn't the greatest tactically and doesn't have vast amounts of managerial experience but he puts 10x more effort and time into the club than any other manager would and eventually his persistence will pay off. To the fans who said towns squad is the best in the league that's clearly not true. Although i agree that there are worse squads in the league there are by far superior squads and regardless of peoples opinion of Simon our current position is actually quite healthy when you take the level of competition into consideration.

Thanks for your comments Mrs Weaver.
    crowbar6753
    crowbar6753

Post by crowbar6753 Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:19 pm

Nice touch there Town Supporter!!!! I feel he has about ten to fifteen games to prove himself,the league will have taken shape by then and we should have a better idea of where we are in this league. The pre season was very encouraging and town looked good, but now its time to prove ourselves in this league. We have a solid group of players that should be capable of a top half finish, but as mentioned above, the manager has a critical roll in getting players motivated and playing with a sound tactical awareness.
    I have been critical in the past of Mr Weaver and its now or never for me, if things go well in the coming weeks then yes we should give Simon more time, Sir Alex Ferguson took a while to find his feet at Manchester United (Not that i'm comparing the two of them,theirs no comparison!!!), but if results take a turn for the worse and we go back to the revolving door senario them yes i'm afraid its time for a change, and if this does happen its the fans who have te power to vote with their feet!!!!!!
    Should be an interesting couple of months. Neutral
    Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:15 pm

The club is on the up, this is a tough league and we have punched above our weight for many years - so stick with the team and support them
    Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

Location : Harrogate, near the beefburgers (but not the chips)

Post by Dan_Gleebitz Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:58 am

Innocent Bystander wrote:The club is on the up, this is a tough league and we have punched above our weight for many years - so stick with the team and support them
    I will remind you of this comment later on in the season IB Wink Laughing

Once again, I have started a season full of hope for change and a brighter future.

But what I've seen so far at home is affraid

I'm not expecting promotion this season, nor wins every match, just reasonable performances out on the pitch, some kind of organisation and teamwork. And once again the team has failed to deliver.

Forget individual playing skills, there's no **** co-ordination in effort, no strategy and no tactics that I can discern. Plan 'B', there is no plan 'A' other than "Head towards the other goal lads". Or that's what it appears to be from what I've seen.

IF... (and it's a big if) the match goes ahead tonight, West Auckland must already be making their plans for the next round. Hopefully their complacency will be their downfall.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:43 am

In a sense these debates about Simon Weaver are a bit irrelevent. Irving Weaver has made it clear that if Simon goes he goes, and with it all our funding. I had hoped that he might be (finally) turning it round, and its still too early to make a judgement on that. My concern is that this season will finish up like last season: good players (remember Wilson, Ross, Turnbull, Tait?) getting disallusioned and leaving. How long will players like Killock and Bolder hang around if we start going south in the league?
    For a (presumably) hard headed businessman, Irving seems extremely tolerant towards Simon. I still think the solution is to get in a new man as joint manager/coach (whatever). Simon may not like it but maybe time for the owner/dad to put his foot down!

Post by Guest Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:01 am

Innocent Bystander wrote:The club is on the up, this is a tough league and we have punched above our weight for many years - so stick with the team and support them

Its hard to be anything other than on the up given that we've spent the last few seasons trying desperately to avoid relegation!

There is absolutely no truth in the argument that the club is punching above its weight. This was true of Aspin's spell as Manager, but not the Weavers.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:49 am