Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

3 posters

Time to do something ...

town supporter

Time to do something ... Empty Time to do something ...

Post by town supporter Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:42 pm

When I spoke to Ed White after the last home game he was receptive to fans writing a letter which could be published – an opportunity for fans to spell out to a wider audience the damage the weavers have done and continue to do to OUR club. Not sure the benefit of going over what was said and done to Jordan unless we plan to do anything about it. I suggested you DK because I felt you would do an excellent job of articulating what we all think and getting our points across. We’ve got some great contributors on here – lets use that knowledge to get something done. If you don’t feel up to it DK then maybe someone else could have a go making a start? We could each make a contribution and after a few days agree a final response to be submitted.

Who’s brave enough to make a start …
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Time to do something ... Empty Re: Time to do something ...

Post by Dark Knight Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:53 pm

Ok whilst I was pounding away on the treadmill I've been giving this some thought. I came back and tried to write something. Twice. Both times I read it back and it just seemed pointless. Nothing that we haven't all said a million times on here. What needs to be said is very simple but it needs to be said by the Advertiser (who, after all, are supposed to be journalists and sports writers) and not by the disgruntled supporters (the club already knows our views and doesn't care)

If Irving ran his business like he ran the club he'd be a penniless pauper by now. The bottom line is you cannot have a manager with no accountability for results. That might have washed in the early days but after 5 and a half years nobody can use the excuse he is still "learning his trade". The acquisition of these UEFA 'A' coaching licences, trumpeted by the club, have made no difference to the manager's capabilities whatsoever. Arguably we are now at our lowest ebb, an expensively assembled squad that is teetering on the brink of the relegation zone and playing abysmal football. Time and again Simon has presided over losing streaks and slumps that he doesn't have the competency to arrest. The fact that he hasn't once accepted any culpability for failure just makes the pill even harder to swallow. The few high points have been sporadic flashes in the pan. All promise, no delivery.

Off the pitch things have gone from bad to worse. The admin error debacle that was lumped on a teenage girl and a club volunteer was bad enough but the signing of undesirables that led to a director and the club captain leaving is pitiful. And the latest incident, which he is now publically blaming on the fans puts us at rock bottom. Only relegation itself could make things much worse. A top half of the table would now seem like a triumph. That is totally unacceptable.

Simon is a lucky man. He has been given a wonderful opportunity and handed more time than he would get anywhere else but he has squandered it horribly. Surely there are far more deserving candidates out there who could be given the chance to show what they can do?

This town, the club and its people deserve much better than this.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:16 pm

I think this is a pretty bang on analysis, but I think something should be added about the percentages, the number of players that have come and gone, his ability to turn amazing players into fodder and a few other things.

Thoughts?
    town supporter

Post by town supporter Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:00 pm

Dark Knight wrote:Ok whilst I was pounding away on the treadmill I've been giving this some thought. I came back and tried to write something. Twice. Both times I read it back and it just seemed pointless. Nothing that we haven't all said a million times on here. What needs to be said is very simple but it needs to be said by the Advertiser (who, after all, are supposed to be journalists and sports writers) and not by the disgruntled supporters (the club already knows our views and doesn't care)

If Irving ran his business like he ran the club he'd be a penniless pauper by now. The bottom line is you cannot have a manager with no accountability for results. That might have washed in the early days but after 5 and a half years nobody can use the excuse he is still "learning his trade". The acquisition of these UEFA 'A' coaching licences, trumpeted by the club, have made no difference to the manager's capabilities whatsoever. Arguably we are now at our lowest ebb, an expensively assembled squad that is teetering on the brink of the relegation zone and playing abysmal football. Time and again Simon has presided over losing streaks and slumps that he doesn't have the competency to arrest. The fact that he hasn't once accepted any culpability for failure just makes the pill even harder to swallow. The few high points have been sporadic flashes in the pan. All promise, no delivery.

Off the pitch things have gone from bad to worse. The admin error debacle that was lumped on a teenage girl and a club volunteer was bad enough but the signing of undesirables that led to a director and the club captain leaving is pitiful. And the latest incident, which he is now publically blaming on the fans puts us at rock bottom. Only relegation itself could make things much worse. A top half of the table would now seem like a triumph. That is totally unacceptable.

Simon is a lucky man. He has been given a wonderful opportunity and handed more time than he would get anywhere else but he has squandered it horribly. Surely there are far more deserving candidates out there who could be given the chance to show what they can do?

This town, the club and its people deserve much better than this.

Think you're doing yourself a disservice DK - seems a decent analysis to me.

i'd perhaps not include too much in the way of stats - the league table speaks for itself.
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:04 pm

It seems like the Weavers think that it's just a handful of people who feel this way. The advertiser should run a poll, simple yes or no, is it time for a change of manager?

Post by Guest Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:08 pm

One, two, three, four come on baby say Weaver out..........or ten even.
    .......or even the majority of fans when you look at the people who don't come, the FB and twitter responses to town defeats.

At least he has Craig and the solidarity of the players.......the same solidarity he doesn't show each squad at the end of the season when we are all told it was the players fault and they are moved on.

A poll would be interesting but I think a petition of town fans at a home game calling for a vote of no confidence in the manager sent to the Advertiser would be more compelling than a load of Strata employees ringing in. Or nutters with a mission like that fool a couple of nights ago posting BS.

That said DK is kind of right will Irving really do anything? It is personal now and he will be entrenched in his stubbornness of his defence of kiddy. The best thing we can do is mock both of them - mock the absurdity of it at every game. Ridicule will be our best route - he must already get a sense of how absurd the situation is but lets make him see and hear it every game.

Post by Guest Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:50 pm

Dark Knight wrote:It seems like the Weavers think that it's just a handful of people who feel this way. The advertiser should run a poll, simple yes or no, is it time for a change of manager?

Well I have posted a poll on Craig's Facebook group so it will be interesting to see the results.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:15 am