Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

Irving Weaver's comments - Matchday programme

TheNeil29

Irving Weaver's comments - Matchday programme Empty Irving Weaver's comments - Matchday programme

Post by TheNeil29 Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:58 am

See below website comments:

Since last June, we have started initiatives, improving facilities, academy football and links with the community, with a view to improving the status of Harrogate Town.

The most important aspect of the Club is success on the pitch and we are collectively disappointed not to be further up the league at this stage of the season.

Losing Danny Stimpson, Liam Hardy and Adam Nowakowski for the majority of the season, has set the trend. I think we particularly lost momentum when we had to play a fourth change keeper, missing the consistency of Mark Cook who was out for 13 games. The push to improve our league position, with 12 games left, will be hard work, with currently 8 players out injured, not including losing Stephen Turnbull who is emigrating to Australia.

I have just watched on Sky, the match, Tottenham Hotspurs 1 v Manchester United 3 and there was a repeated reference that Tottenham were under strength with Bale and Parker out!

We will need all the spirit and support we can muster.

We have an agreement this week with Wetherby High School to enrol a young squad of 16/17 years old footballers, linked to a 2 year BTEC in Sport. This will allow the Club to enter the Conference Youth Alliance League next season.

The squad will complement the already established under 19 team, high achievers in their league, under the guidance of Mark Forster and Richard Lawrence. A major step forward.

Our proactive approach to community involvement has more than started, increasingly embracing and reinforcing our link with the people of Harrogate.

We know that our presence is being appreciated, we had 40 Army cadets turn up from Penny pot Lane yesterday with paint brushes as a community project, with paint supplied free of charge by Harrogate based Johnstone’s Paints, most of the ground was painted.
    Sustainability, balancing the books, is a difficult task for all clubs at this level, lowering costs and increasing income is an easy concept but difficult in practise. I have been appreciative of the open nature of advice I have received from opposition Chairmen who share the same problems. We can see a marked improvement emerging, but it is a long journey and of course linked to consistent results.

The Directors, Management and Players value your support.

An open note to Mr Irving Weaver:

Its all nice and fluffy having a sound infrastructure in place, but when are the results going to start picking up??

I, and the majority of fans will tell you, that the results will start picking up when you have the balls to bring in a more experienced manager above your son to run the team, and make your son a ballboy or the Under 19s manager or something.

Last edited by TheNeil29 on Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:00 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : .)

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 1:44 am