Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+3
TheTown
TheNeil29
the wizard
7 posters

Weavers Post Match Comments

the wizard

Weavers Post Match Comments Empty Weavers Post Match Comments

Post by the wizard Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:23 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

What a load of balls...

"Weaver believes the club will be able to build on the win and move up the league table"

Didnt we draw???

"I've had enough of shrinking violets at Harrogate Town. They've gone"

He brought those players in, most of them youngsters and eager to perform - what will this do to their confidence, pointing the blame is the sign of a very bad manager indeed, I dont recall him taking it on the chin once this season, always someone elses fault. He's the biggest shrinking violet in the league.

These statements just prove what a plonker we have in charge right now! Shocking
    TheNeil29

Weavers Post Match Comments Empty Re: Weavers Post Match Comments

Post by TheNeil29 Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:41 pm

hahaha, I seen him at the reserve game, and he looked unhappy, and he needs a shave!! lol!
    the wizard

Post by the wizard Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:32 pm

You cant blame him for having a go if the opportunity presented itself and thats the direction he wanted to take.

I dont claim to be able to do any better and certainly dont want him to be unhappy, but he has to stand up and be counted along with all the players he's berated over the last few months when theyve done their best; he should also come out and admit when he has got it wrong - and he needs a shave Smile.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:47 pm

I think that we should give him a few months with the squad he has got at least. Then if it is not better at Xmas, then it may be time for a change.

I would really like Weaver to attend a fans Q&A in the Cross Bar, then see what he has to say about some of his decisions.
    TheTown
    TheTown

Post by TheTown Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:14 pm

TheNeil29 wrote:I think that we should give him a few months with the squad he has got at least. Then if it is not better at Xmas, then it may be time for a change.

I would really like Weaver to attend a fans Q&A in the Cross Bar, then see what he has to say about some of his decisions.

You seem to change you tune, before the Fleetwood game you had totally had enough of Weaver and you wanted rid of him:

Typical, cant even keep the web up to date as well as having a crap manager....

We will still get beaten, regardless of Leabon signing.

I'm fed up with his excuses now, it is obvious that he has lost the respect of the players, and the dressing room to go with it. I have come to the conclusion that whilst he is in charge of the squad, we will continue to be awful, and we will be relegated come the end of the season.

He blames the players, he bloody signed them!! It is no-one elses fault but his, dont blame the players, he has lost their respect, and they dont want to play for him anymore. Things will only improve when someone else takes over the reins, and restores the faith and confidence of the squad.

Now you want him to stay till christmas? Im not sure the chairmen or manager will agree to a Q&A if its after a defeat fans are calling for his head, and then after a decent result he gets a bit more time again. I think he's realised his mistakes and he's trying to make up for them. As a new manager he was always going to make mistakes but going down the route of a big squad of young players, who apparently hungrier and wanted it more, didnt work, and getting some more experienced heads in is the way forward. Apart from the Redditch result and performance last few matches haven't been that bad, we've got to start picking up results from now though. Big game at the weekend.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:19 pm

My definitive take is that he should be given until Xmas, and then if the situation has not improved, then it may be time to change things around.
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:40 pm

Interesting to note that, until this week, he has been on a rolling contract. He has now signed a contract to take him til the end of this season.
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

Post by sulphurite Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:31 pm

Townfan wrote:Interesting to note that, until this week, he has been on a rolling contract. He has now signed a contract to take him til the end of this season.

I trust you are talking about Simon Weaver?

If that is the case I can only hope that he has a few tricks up his sleeve, really, to be offered a contract whilst bottom of the league does not make any sense to me at all!!
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:00 pm

I really wouldnt think that is the case, because that doesnt make sense at all re. Weaver.
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:49 pm

TheNeil29 wrote:I really wouldnt think that is the case, because that doesnt make sense at all re. Weaver.

FACT !!
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

Post by sulphurite Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:01 pm

Townfan wrote:
    TheNeil29 wrote:I really wouldnt think that is the case, because that doesnt make sense at all re. Weaver.

FACT !!

FROM ??
    TheTown
    TheTown

Post by TheTown Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:56 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

Post by sulphurite Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:04 pm

TheTown wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Fair enough Embarassed

Still seems an odd time to be handing out contracts, wonder if he will get a bonus too?
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:48 pm

TheTown wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Well, theres the proof! Thank you for providing the link.
    itk

Post by itk Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:47 pm

I think that the club are trying to make a point. Maybe some fans need to change the record and stop having a go at the manager for being honest. Look at the team now and it isn't a bottom of the league team, but it will take a few weeks to climb away from the bottom 3. The problem has been and will always have asubstantial impact on this season is that the club did not have a player to call its own when pre season started. I predict Harroaget will stay up this season and next season will be back amongst it when the recent issues resolve.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:48 am

The club have most definitely made a point by giving Weaver a contract until the end of the season, and the reason people are having a go at Wevaer is because in the space of 1 season, Harrogate Town have gone from Playoff/Promotion candiates to relegation candidates. Everyone realises that he was given a small budget to work with, and had no players technically, but our current predicamant is unacceptable for most fans.

I am not confident in your prediction that Harrogate will stay up, but I really hope they do, because relegation would be no more than catastrophic for the club and fans alike, and it could set progress back by 5-6 years.

I think the current squad is good enough for top 10, and this current run of form is encouraging, and I hope they keep it up. But they need to start turning their form around if there is any possibly of Harrogate remaining in the BSN.
    itk

Post by itk Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:43 pm

A successful season for Harrogate will be staying up. The budget is a huge consideration and influence in the type of season that a team will have. The manager, for me, is showing resilience and character in abundance. He wanted the job regardless of the hurdles he would face and for me again this is why he should be backed by the fans. A number of others ran a mile when they heard the situation at Harrogate, but I'm really positive about the future as the team being assembled is showing real signs of improvement. Due to the start of this season Harrogate will be down near the bottom of the table, but will eventually prevail come the end of April - stronger for it as well! SO pull together and make noise at games none stop and get behind the players because it's a whole club effort to stay up this season!
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:55 pm

I am aware of the budgetary issues that Harrogate Town have, and I am pleased that the manager is starting to show some signs of resilience and character, as it has been noticed.

I am positive about the future of HT, and I would like to think that we will avoid relegation, and when it comes to cheering on the team, I have a sore throat by the end of most games! :-)
    Fred

Post by Fred Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:40 pm

the wizard wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

What a load of balls...

"Weaver believes the club will be able to build on the win and move up the league table"

Didnt we draw???

He brought those players in, most of them youngsters and eager to perform - what will this do to their confidence, pointing the blame is the sign of a very bad manager indeed, I dont recall him taking it on the chin once this season, always someone elses fault. He's the biggest shrinking violet in the league.

These statements just prove what a plonker we have in charge right now! Shocking

I was pleased when Bill supported Simon. Both chairman and manager have shown courage when folk were demanding changes. It could be argued that Simon has been in charge whilst Town dropped to the bottom of BSN therefore it is all his fault. He has now been given a chance to take Town to a more healthier league position. He deserves some support for the rest of the season.

Cheers

Fred
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:31 pm

And he will get that support, im sure. But altough it was an excellent result last night, it was only 1 half of football that made the difference last night, there is still a long way to go until the end of the season. He now has to take this chance with both hands.
    Fred

Post by Fred Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:56 pm

the wizard wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

What a load of balls...

Didnt we draw???

Bill obviously doesn't see it like that.

He's shown tremendous loyalty to Simon.

Continually sacking a manager doesn't mean that the team will suddenly shoot up the table.

The grass always looks greener on the other side. Apparent simple solutions don't always work.

Cheers

Fred

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:25 am