Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+2
Championship Manager
Gareth192001
6 posters

Thoughts ????

Gareth192001

Thoughts ???? Empty Thoughts ????

Post by Gareth192001 Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:49 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thoughts ???? Empty Re: Thoughts ????

Post by Guest Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:02 pm

As soon as I read the word 'injuries', I closed the page.
    Championship Manager
    Championship Manager

Post by Championship Manager Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:51 pm

For me its got to the point where its hard to be positive about anything to do with the club. So I'll start by saying I like the fact that the Manager of our club writes these columns. I see no reason why Football Managers shouldn't give regular updates on team matters, reasons for players missing and the such like (they might have a wedding to go to or a family illness but we as fans see a player missing from the squad and immediately start assuming he's out of favour) it can do no harm to the Manager-fan relationship instead of constantly blaming injuries.

But at this moment in time with little faith in the Manager everything just seems like an excuse. Simon states that "It will take time for confidence to be restored" why, we are only 2 months into the season, what has happened to dent the players confidence?

And then this little gem "The big thing for Macca and I is that our Board of Directors understand these factors and have belief in our way of managing people" I guess he's going to say that but really whats the point? He can pretty much do as he pleases and his Dad will carry on supporting him backed up by the others members of the Board.

I think I'm going to have to stay away from the club from now on as the whole situation is pretty much depressing.........
    Chips97

Post by Chips97 Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:40 am

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
    Excuses, Excuses, Excuses
    Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:18 pm

At least he has acknowledged that some (most?) of us are angry. The rest is par for the course really, infuriating but what can you do? Injuries (yawn), 'lack of confidence' (???). As CM says, a quite extraordinary statement if you think about it. How come some of the highest paid players in the league are 'lacking in confidence' after about 10 matches? And what, precisely, has dented their confidence? I think we all know the answer to that one.

Such a relief to know the 'Directors' are fully behind him! I was worried for a moment about that. Leaving aside the obvious fact that the Board of Directors have as much say in the club as my postman. Only one person matters, and he is clearly prepared to allow his son to drag this club further and further into the mire.

I do wish someone from the Advertiser would ask those sort of questions. It won't make any difference, but the answers would be interesting.
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:00 pm

"The defeat at Chorley was disappointing as we presented the opposition with four opportunities to score against us and they took them."

Sums up everything you need to know about our manager. Stopped reading there to be honest.

Who the hell refers to a 4-0 defeat as "disappointing"? Then makes out that the only reason we lost was because our opposition went and put all their chances away, of which there were "only" 4. Oooh the cads, how dare they?

Pathetic.
    rosvere

Post by rosvere Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:19 pm

paulstreet wrote:At least he has acknowledged that some (most?) of us are angry. The rest is par for the course really, infuriating but what can you do?  Injuries (yawn), 'lack of confidence' (???). As CM says, a quite extraordinary statement if you think about it. How come some of the highest paid players in the league are 'lacking in confidence' after about 10 matches? And what, precisely, has dented their confidence? I think we all know the answer to that one.

Such a relief to know the 'Directors' are fully behind him! I was worried for a moment about that. Leaving aside the obvious fact that the Board of Directors have as much say in the club as my postman. Only one person matters, and he is clearly prepared to allow his son to drag this club further and further into the mire.

I do wish someone from the Advertiser would ask those sort of questions. It won't make any difference, but the answers would be interesting.
    Just been for a walk down Wetherby road.I had to turn around
    has the smell of Bulls... was overpowering.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 1:23 am