Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

Thoughts........

Yorkshire Yankee

Thoughts........ Empty Thoughts........

Post by Yorkshire Yankee Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:20 pm

- I feel over the two games we played the better football. Sitting in front of two of their supporters last night, they kept saying 'they were just barely hanging on'. The thing about football is that it is the team that scores the most goals that win. And, we didn't.
    - As a supporter, The FA Cup run was exciting and stressful. As a player, I cannot imagine the pressure going through their heads in front of 4000 screaming fans.......
    - Our back four (five including Bloom's) has been the one constant this season...outstanding.
    - Sorry, I should add both our keepers to the above statement.
    - The triumvirate of Bolder, Dean, and Platt, seem a bit out of sync the last few weeks. Lots of effort, just not a lot of creative output in and around the box during open play. Hopefully they will put their heads together and sort it out.
    - On a depth chart, Danny Forrest is at best third. Elam and Clayton are miles ahead.
    - Chib's best position is parked at the top of the 'D' on the 18 yard box, with the ball played to his feet. He can then hold the ball and feed others, or twist, turn, and shoot. The experiment as a winger should come to a quiet, but decisive end.
    - Bee's misses Chib in the middle, see above.
    - Chester next week is a big game. How do we stack up against the big boy's in the league? This is where Simon needs to earn his money. The FA Cup is in the past, and the run was fun, the real work begins now. As you know by now, Harrogate fan's can be fickle, and have short term memories. The team needs to prove to themselves and the fans that they are the real deal.
    - Keep Pushin........javascript:emoticonp('santa')

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 5:50 pm