Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+11
TownUltra
Martin L
thetallaccountant
Innocent Bystander
trevdee
TheNeil29
Gareth192001
pontifex532
Harry O
rangerider
voice of reason
15 posters

working to put things right

Martin L

working to put things right - Page 3 Empty Re: working to put things right

Post by Martin L Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:48 pm

NZ, I think that is already happening. Best ground, best facilities and we cant get 300. Stockport brought more than us at the weekend and the crowd was 650 ish.

Kids for a quid, Adults £5.......give it a try.

Don't fix it if it aint broken.

Its breaking !
    Martin L

Post by Martin L Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:57 pm

Thanks Craig, that's nice words. You and everyone else will know I follow Town with passion, wit, good humour and always there to support when I can.

I know you have had a rough ride on here recently. Please just let that go. Make up with Jordan because I can tell you for a fact, he is absolutely sound. Shake hands and leave it there.

Any town fan is a friend of mine. For the sake of your enjoyment and perhaps more so, your Callum, get back in with the lads and just support the team. From what you have said you take great heart to how the players look out for Callum, he is a super little man, keep going.

See you soon and by the way, great pictures mate.

Post by Guest Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:13 pm

Martin L wrote:Thanks Craig, that's nice words. You and everyone else will know I follow Town with passion, wit, good humour and always there to support when I can.

I know you have had a rough ride on here recently. Please just let that go. Make up with Jordan because I can tell you for a fact, he is absolutely sound. Shake hands and leave it there.

Any town fan is a friend of mine. For the sake of your enjoyment and perhaps more so, your Callum, get back in with the lads and just support the team. From what you have said you take great heart to how the players look out for Callum, he is a super little man, keep going.

See you soon and by the way, great pictures mate.

I've done by bit to make up with people Martin, I really have, to a point, saying Sorry when it wasn't exactly one sided, but I did it because I didn't want it affecting Callum any more, and it was, it really was. It still does, he has a iPad, and he reads this forum, so does a lot of kids in his school and some of the friends he has made in his young life, and I have seen how it has affected them. Luckily he has one friend who comes to Town with him, the others have been put off coming, directly from reading the forum, and am talking about kids here, not adults.

With regards to my pictures, thanks mate, but to be honest, a big massive thank you and a lot of credit goes to the main man himself, Peter Arnett, he has been amazing in his help, support, and making my pictures look even better, he is a guy who does so much for the Club in terms of programmes, websites, interviews, facebook, twitter etc and he still finds the time to help me out and gets my pics sorted to be on the site. So thanks for the compliment, means a lot, but huge thanks personally myself to Peter. I owe it all to him. And Garry Plant too, who gave me a chance.
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:37 pm

Innocent Bystander wrote:It is the system that most fans are objecting to - stone age, anti-football, bereft of quality, appalling inability to retain the ball, players who seem bewildered by tactics bordering on the obscenely juvenile. I work in sports coaching and I know all about the stats - but town's management seem to be suffering from an acute case of the sunk cost fallacy. They are locked into playing a system that is ineffective and just dreadful to watch.
    TownUltra wrote:Voice of reason -please play 4-4-2 a formation everybody understands. When we play this and play football, even of the the direct kind, we win. Hoofing the ball up to the front two is hit and miss and doesn't seem to be working. Please do this like at Leamington, and then the tactics won't put Simon's head on the block and the players can then take responsibility if we don't pick up.

COME ON TOWN
    The tactics, team and formations are irrelevant. Simon could have the Barcelona or Real Madrid team and tactics board at his disposal and it wouldn't make one jot of a difference. As soon as something doesn't go to plan he takes no responsibility then meddles with everything and it has been shown time and again his man-management skills are non-existent.

He must surely be on the brink now. A few more defeats or one more dismal run and that must be his lot. We know his father can't/won't sack him so the bloke obviously has no shame to continue embarrassing him like this. The Advertiser should be heaping the pressure right on the Weavers but it isn't. Simon seemingly gets a free ride from everybody - his daddy, the club, the players, the supporters and the press. Right now he should be under the most acute pressure he's ever been under, the fact that he isn't is outrageous.

Don't know what's actually genuine on this thread as the forum seems to have gone a bit bananas in my absence but it seems from what's being said that both Irving and Simon are as thick skinned, ignorant and stubborn as ever. Instead of signs that something COULD change if things don't improve, all the signs are that they are digging themselves further in. I feel like this could go on forever Evil or Very Mad

voice of reason wrote: sooner or later we'll turn the corner.
    You're obviously new to all of this. The corner was turned ages ago...then another...and another...and another...

We're currently on a trajectory of 360°
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:03 am

Dark Knight wrote:
    Innocent Bystander wrote:It is the system that most fans are objecting to - stone age, anti-football, bereft of quality, appalling inability to retain the ball, players who seem bewildered by tactics bordering on the obscenely juvenile. I work in sports coaching and I know all about the stats - but town's management seem to be suffering from an acute case of the sunk cost fallacy. They are locked into playing a system that is ineffective and just dreadful to watch.
    TownUltra wrote:Voice of reason -please play 4-4-2 a formation everybody understands. When we play this and play football, even of the the direct kind, we win. Hoofing the ball up to the front two is hit and miss and doesn't seem to be working. Please do this like at Leamington, and then the tactics won't put Simon's head on the block and the players can then take responsibility if we don't pick up.

COME ON TOWN
    The tactics, team and formations are irrelevant. Simon could have the Barcelona or Real Madrid team and tactics board at his disposal and it wouldn't make one jot of a difference. As soon as something doesn't go to plan he takes no responsibility then meddles with everything and it has been shown time and again his man-management skills are non-existent.

He must surely be on the brink now. A few more defeats or one more dismal run and that must be his lot. We know his father can't/won't sack him so the bloke obviously has no shame to continue embarrassing him like this. The Advertiser should be heaping the pressure right on the Weavers but it isn't. Simon seemingly gets a free ride from everybody - his daddy, the club, the players, the supporters and the press. Right now he should be under the most acute pressure he's ever been under, the fact that he isn't is outrageous.

Don't know what's actually genuine on this thread as the forum seems to have gone a bit bananas in my absence but it seems from what's being said that both Irving and Simon are as thick skinned, ignorant and stubborn as ever. Instead of signs that something COULD change if things don't improve, all the signs are that they are digging themselves further in. I feel like this could go on forever  Evil or Very Mad

voice of reason wrote: sooner or later we'll turn the corner.
    You're obviously new to all of this. The corner was turned ages ago...then another...and another...and another...

We're currently on a trajectory of 360°

DK.....my man. Couldnt have really put that any better myself (maybe with a few swearwords though just for good measure)

#sackweaver
    nztownfan
    nztownfan

Post by nztownfan Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:14 pm

Dark Knight wrote:

Don't know what's actually genuine on this thread as the forum seems to have gone a bit bananas in my absence but it seems from what's being said that both Irving and Simon are as thick skinned, ignorant and stubborn as ever. Instead of signs that something COULD change if things don't improve, all the signs are that they are digging themselves further in. I feel like this could go on forever  Evil or Very Mad

Its almost to be admired how thick skinned Simon is Laughing still not taken the blame for anything!!

DK, I often wonder (if you dont mind me asking?) do you actually get to games?? Because I never see you commenting on the actual games or his poor tactics or anything?? Obviously I have no problem if you dont go as I think fans do need to vote with there feet anyway!
    pontifex532

Post by pontifex532 Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:06 pm

At the beginning of the season, full of optimism, I bought a season ticket. Why why why? Now all I feel like doing is sending it back. If Town are still playing this apology for football by the end of the season I shall certainly not be renewing it; I shall be too busy watching Railway.
    Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:17 pm

I bought three season tickets ...... I'll know better next time .....

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:58 pm