Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+11
TownUltra
Martin L
thetallaccountant
Innocent Bystander
trevdee
TheNeil29
Gareth192001
pontifex532
Harry O
rangerider
voice of reason
15 posters

working to put things right

TownUltra
    TownUltra

working to put things right - Page 2 Empty Re: working to put things right

Post by TownUltra Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:48 pm

Voice of reason -please play 4-4-2 a formation everybody understands. When we play this and play football, even of the the direct kind, we win. Hoofing the ball up to the front two is hit and miss and doesn't seem to be working. Please do this like at Leamington, and then the tactics won't put Simon's head on the block and the players can then take responsibility if we don't pick up.

COME ON TOWN
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:07 pm

Its RangeRider not Range Rover Martin lol!
    Martin L

Post by Martin L Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:11 pm

sorry range rider, I must have been thinking about when I lived on a stable yard !

Still, its a poor state of affairs at the moment.

See you soon, a true fan.
    Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:31 pm

Failing organisations put the shutters up, try to suppress criticism and spend a lot of time and energy clinging onto comfort blanket explanations. Less flip-charts and more flowing football please. It isn't rocket science .... it really isn't.

Post by Guest Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:31 pm

At least you got a mention RR Wink
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:48 pm

cheers Jordan we all know if there was a supporter of the year award you would win it mate king

Post by Guest Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:33 am

voice of reason wrote:
    Innocent Bystander wrote:It is the system that most fans are objecting to - stone age, anti-football, bereft of quality, appalling inability to retain the ball, players who seem bewildered by tactics bordering on the obscenely juvenile. I work in sports coaching and I know all about the stats - but town's management seem to be suffering from an acute case of the sunk cost fallacy. They are locked into playing a system that is ineffective and just dreadful to watch.

Unfair that,  these are honest,  hard working lads. Can't identify with any of the above rubbish. Just not getting the rub of the green right now. Still no sign of that bloody flipchart though.

That's because they don't play on the bloody green stuff!
    voice of reason

Post by voice of reason Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:34 am

Stick with us guys - we're working hard to put things right. Wally is loving his football. No doubt about it Saturday was a setback but the dessire is still there. The boys are confident we'll achieve a play off finish. We'd love to make the play offs. Killer is itching to get stuck in so watch out for a possible return on Saturday - maybe anchoring the midfield. Exciting times. Still no sign of the flipchart but prozone showing only 2 other players covered more ground than blooms on Saturday. These guys are grafters - maybe the likes of IB and martin could take a moment to reflect on that. We're not out of this - still plenty of fire in the belly even if your fire has burnt out.

Post by Guest Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:44 am

voice of reason wrote:Stick with us guys - we're working hard to put things right. Wally is loving his football. No doubt about it Saturday was a setback but the dessire is still there.  The boys are confident we'll achieve a play off finish.  We'd love to make the play offs. Killer is itching to get stuck in so watch out for a possible return on Saturday - maybe anchoring the midfield.  Exciting times. Still no sign of the flipchart but prozone showing only 2 other players covered more ground than blooms on Saturday.  These guys are grafters - maybe the likes of IB and martin could take a moment to reflect on that.  We're not out of this - still plenty of fire in the belly even if your fire has burnt out.

Now I know you are taking the piss.
    j2021

Post by j2021 Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:08 am

I'm sorry but if Shane Killock playing an anchor midfield role constitutes 'exciting times' i am beginning to get very worried.

An anchor midfielder is someone that wants to be on the ball, control tempo, spread the play.

Does that strike you as Shane Killock?

I am a massive Shane Killock fan. As a central defender I think Shane and McGurk are our best pairing.

Ever thought of playing Adam Nowakowski as a Defensive Midfielder. Therefore cutting out the temptation of hitting him long down the middle.

I actually think defensive midfield is his best position by a long shot. He has great energy in there, gets stuck in, cuts out the ball and ultimately provides that defensive shield for the back four which has been so badly exposed the last few weeks.

It doesn't need stats to see the defence is exposed every game.

voice of reason

Post by voice of reason Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:10 pm

No harm in daring to dream - these lads are working their socks off to put things right. Can't say we're happy seeing so many of you prepared to have a go. Jordan - you have a role to play getting these supporters back on board - your attitude at present is unhelpful to say the least. I suggest you look at the likes of Craig and others - never moan, get on with the job

Don't look back in anger - 3 points on Saturday is a must we all know that. Barnsey is hurting right now - he's abhuman being just like you and I.

rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:16 pm

yea i blame all this on Jordan lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Post by Guest Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:23 pm

voice of reason wrote:No harm in daring to dream - these lads are working their socks off to put things right. Can't say we're happy seeing so many of you prepared to have a go. Jordan - you have a role to play getting these supporters back on board - your attitude at present is unhelpful to say the least. I suggest you look at the likes of Craig and others - never moan, get on with the job
    Don't look back in anger - 3 points on Saturday is a must we all know that. Barnsey is hurting right now - he's abhuman being just like you and I.

Well pehaps you can tell me who you are and we can have a chat about my 'role'.

Until this happens, I will continue to think that you are a troll.

Post by Guest Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:54 pm

voice of reason wrote:No harm in daring to dream - these lads are working their socks off to put things right. Can't say we're happy seeing so many of you prepared to have a go. Jordan - you have a role to play getting these supporters back on board - your attitude at present is unhelpful to say the least.  I suggest you look at the likes of Craig and others - never moan, get on with the job

Please Voice leave me out of this will you. I have had enough issues on here without my name being used It is not helpful to me at all and I do not want to be associated with the comment you made. thanks.
    voice of reason

Post by voice of reason Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:26 pm

Signing off now but please be assured these lads will keep fighting. Killock anchoring midfield, wally dragging players out wide, no lapses of concentration at the back this time, blooms leading by example at the back. Stick with us - we could be heroes.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:37 pm

This is ridiculous and funny all in one......each one of your comments VOR needs a straight jacket attaching to it.

But suggesting that Killock plays a holding midfield role makes me believe this to be a true reflection on Simon's mentality.

Here is my take and always has been on players played out of position -

A league leading player played out of position is just as **** as the league **** player playing in position...So why waste our budget, just bring in the **** players!!

You are obviously a clown trying to act like a club clown, but actually what you say would probably roll through Simon's one brain cell on a frequent basis, considering his speciality is to play good players out of position....and worse play them out of position whilst playing a seriously foreign formation.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:57 pm

I will make it clear...I said true reflection, but you are not connected to the club in any way shape or form, that much is pretty obvious......Your posts are child like, Simon and the clan may not be the worlds best football master tacticians however they are clearly not unintelligent either so bog off with your jestering, leave us to do what we do best and moan!
    Martin L

Post by Martin L Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:12 pm

Wally is NOT loving it at Town....FACT

Who is this muppet saying so, voice of reason ?

I can tell you right now, what I asked him and what he replied on Saturday is far from a happy player. A proven 35 goal a season man. He wants away.

VOR, please either reveal yourself or just go away.

Even if you reveal yourself, your comments are absolute garbage.

Either a fraud or someone who hasn't got a clue.

If its a railway mate, I applaud you for the comedy value.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:13 pm

VOR. You are actually an idiot. **** off.
    Martin L

Post by Martin L Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:25 pm

VOR, saying Jordan is unfair.........get a grip. He is a home and away fan, supports all the functions with his son and you say that.

You are an absolute clown.

From what I have read from you, wet myself and seen the response, you must have nothing to do with OUR club.

If you do...........GOD HELP US ALL.....................

"The lads really want to put it right..............."

Oh please stop, my ribs are killing me.

Why don't you reveal who you are, perhaps you have said so much rubbish you may find it hard to ever be on here again or get your clipboard out.

The only VOR on here are the true fans, not a absolute joke like you. Please tell me where you want to go and I will pay the megabus. Obviously your level.

I reckon its Railway lads taking the Michael, if so, good lads, I find it very funny.

But I know who you are ! LOL !
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:55 pm

Martin L wrote:VOR, saying Jordan is unfair.........get a grip. He is a home and away fan, supports all the functions with his son and you say that.

You are an absolute clown.

From what I have read from you, wet myself and seen the response, you must have nothing to do with OUR club.

If you do...........GOD HELP US ALL.....................

"The lads really want to put it right..............."

Oh please stop, my ribs are killing me.

Why don't you reveal who you are, perhaps you have said so much rubbish you may find it hard to ever be on here again or get your clipboard out.

The only VOR on here are the true fans, not a absolute joke like you. Please tell me where you want to go and I will pay the megabus. Obviously your level.

Martin - just so you are aware, you are correct in your assumption that it appears to be someone creating a little bit of mischief - I spoke with Jordan earlier today and he is aware of the situation
    I reckon its Railway lads taking the Michael, if so, good lads, I find it very funny.

But I know who you are ! LOL !
    voice of reason

Post by voice of reason Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:13 pm

Yes, it was a wind up but most disturbing of all is that Simon would quite possibly implement some of these ridiculous ideas.

Suggestion - It's unlikely a sufficient no. of supporters will boycott a home game but I do wonder whether it would be worth printing out a thousand or so sackweaver posters similar to the campaign undertaken by Newcastle United fans, to be handed out at forthcoming home games.

Innocent bystander - you helped produce a team poster so make yourself useful and print out a thousand or so sack weaver posters.
    Martin L

Post by Martin L Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:27 pm

we don't need A4 posters to make our point.

waste of a tree.

go away or make yourself public like we all do on here in the bar and TALK things through. I would be the first to buy you a pint if you come clean.

I like the banter on here at the moment from people I like, stand with, trust and know who they are.

Shame its not under better circumstances.

OOOH TOWN, HEY, HEY.

This is our 100th year celebration, of which I have seen 40 years.

No one is going to change me having a polite voice. I love this club.
    nztownfan
    nztownfan

Post by nztownfan Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:32 pm

voice of reason wrote:Yes, it was a wind up but most disturbing of all is that Simon would quite possibly implement some of these ridiculous ideas.

Suggestion - It's unlikely a sufficient no. of supporters will boycott a home game but I do wonder whether it would be worth printing out a thousand or so sackweaver posters similar to the campaign undertaken by Newcastle United fans, to be handed out at forthcoming home games.

Innocent bystander - you helped produce a team poster so make yourself useful and print out a thousand or so sack weaver posters.

What have those morons actually achieved... nothing. The only way that anything will be achieved is supporters voting with their feet.

Post by Guest Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:40 pm

Martin L wrote:

OOOH TOWN, HEY, HEY.

This is our 100th year celebration, of which I have seen 40 years.

No one is going to change me having a polite voice. I love this club.

I'll never forget how you got us all singing and roaring the lads on at Histon last season Martin........... Or, when I felt out of place going into hospitiality a few weeks after, and you let me and callum come in with you, or how you came up to me and shook my hand a few weeks ago when I was feeling so low, you know how to pick the fans up and I've always admired and respected you for that! Let's hope for 3 points on Saturday, closer to the play offs. . . . . #UptheTown #MartinUltimateTownFan

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 3:15 am