Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+11
TownUltra
Martin L
thetallaccountant
Innocent Bystander
trevdee
TheNeil29
Gareth192001
pontifex532
Harry O
rangerider
voice of reason
15 posters

working to put things right

voice of reason

working to put things right Empty working to put things right

Post by voice of reason Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:07 pm

Rest assured, we're working night and day to put things right and we won't give up until we've succeeded. I'd love it if we were top of the league right now - simple fact is some players are taking longer adapting to our system than we would have liked - maybe we expected too much but we've got high standards at this club and we won't give up. Constant sniping only makes us stronger. If you feel strongly then come and have a word - it's that simple.

And if Barnsey wants to have a word back then it shows the passion we have in this team and the desire to put things right. No apologies as far as I'm concerned. Support your team.
    rangerider
    rangerider

working to put things right Empty Re: working to put things right

Post by rangerider Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:15 pm

ok when is the next open forum with the management and fans? or could you and some of the other directors walk round the ground and have a word with the fans you might learn something
    voice of reason

Post by voice of reason Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:22 pm

Having a go just makes us stronger and more determined to succeed. No one works harder than Simon. Get behind the lads
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:24 pm

and thats your answer?
    Harry O

Post by Harry O Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:28 pm

5 years is a hell of a long time to be trying to get it right. I would have thought by now management would have realised it is never going to be right under this set up. Time for change
    pontifex532

Post by pontifex532 Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:32 pm

I can appreciate that Simon works extremely hard but until he changes the style of play we'll go nowhere.

Post by Guest Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:34 pm

Hmm, only just started posting today and writing as though they are part of the club.

Forgive me for being unable to take this post seriously.

If the club wanted to make a statement like this, they would through the official website.
    voice of reason

Post by voice of reason Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:45 pm

A rallying call to get the supporters on board - forgive me for taking the time out of my busy schedule to respond. Seems the club can't win.

Right, now if you don't mind I'm awaiting delivery of a flipchart and the latest prozone data to download.
    Gareth192001

Post by Gareth192001 Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:50 pm

By working hard im guessing looking for a new a manager. The lads have adjusted to the style of play its just ****
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:55 pm

voice of reason wrote:Rest assured, we're working night and day to put things right and we won't give up until we've succeeded.  I'd love it if we were top of the league right now - simple fact is some players are taking longer adapting to our system than we would have liked - maybe we expected too much but we've got high standards at this club and we won't give up. Constant sniping only makes us stronger.  If you feel strongly then come and have a word - it's that simple.

And if Barnsey wants to have a word back then it shows the passion we have in this team and the desire to put things right. No apologies as far as I'm concerned. Support your team.

the first line gives it away "WHE'RE working night and day if it was a fan he would have said THEY are working
    voice of reason

Post by voice of reason Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:02 pm

not very helpful Gareth - any idea how many reams of flip chart paper we got through at our last review session?
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:06 pm

Obviously not enough, because you have a tactically incompetent idiot as a manager. UEFA A Coaching License my arse.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:15 pm

And if you want to respond to that comment, I'm in a real mood for telling you how it is from a fans perspective, one that has followed you home and away, and will still be supporting the club long after you have left and have taken you useless flipcharts with you.

You can use all the flipcharts you want. It obviously isn't doing any good, and statistics don't lie. The simple fact of the matter is the only reason Simon is in charge is because his dad is the Chairman. Even he knows that.

Post by Guest Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:47 pm

Neil - they are quite obviously a troll. Probably a Stockport fan.
    voice of reason

Post by voice of reason Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:54 pm

All we ask is that you get behind the team - a lot of hard work goes on behind the scenes - sooner or later we'll turn the corner. It's a long and winding road.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:00 pm

10 years, 15, 20 ?? Money spent that probably didn't need to be sent.

We need a manager that doesn't need to buy has beens and pay over the odds, we need a manager who can spot quality young players and then get them to over achieve.

Anyway this isn't for real, it is a load of bollox,
    Gareth192001

Post by Gareth192001 Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:29 pm

I have a idea this might be revolutionary in footballing terms so bare with me.
    If a man playing for team Harrogate Town used his foot to pass the ball to another Harrogate Town man maybe along the floor so it's easier to control. Then he could pass it to someone else from team Harrogate we could progress to the oppositions goal. But also stop the other team having the ball thus killing two birds with one stone.
    Things team Harrogate should stop doing is smashing the ball high in the sky towards mostly the other teams defenders this is bad and means no goals upset fans angry players and the management won't have to blame things like the wrong air used in the ball or wrong washing powder used on the kits for why we loose
    pontifex532

Post by pontifex532 Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:35 pm

And that corner seems a long way away.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:19 pm

And so does a win % of about 36% in competitive games since Simon took charge, which I believe is 252 or 253 games now. With the budget of the last 3 years and the players he has signed. Any other manager with half a clue would have us in the Conference Premier, but with Simon in charge, we will never get out of this division. Pathetic.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:56 pm

Come on then 'Voice of Reason'. Where are you now? You trolling ****.

If you were involved, you'd just be an Irving Weaver puppet, just like the rest of the management.
    Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:31 pm

It is the system that most fans are objecting to - stone age, anti-football, bereft of quality, appalling inability to retain the ball, players who seem bewildered by tactics bordering on the obscenely juvenile. I work in sports coaching and I know all about the stats - but town's management seem to be suffering from an acute case of the sunk cost fallacy. They are locked into playing a system that is ineffective and just dreadful to watch.
    thetallaccountant
    thetallaccountant

Post by thetallaccountant Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:07 pm

Absolutely spot on IB.
    Martin L

Post by Martin L Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:14 pm

HOOF !

One bounce either out the ground or straight to their keeper.

Attractive.
    voice of reason

Post by voice of reason Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:33 pm

Innocent Bystander wrote:It is the system that most fans are objecting to - stone age, anti-football, bereft of quality, appalling inability to retain the ball, players who seem bewildered by tactics bordering on the obscenely juvenile. I work in sports coaching and I know all about the stats - but town's management seem to be suffering from an acute case of the sunk cost fallacy. They are locked into playing a system that is ineffective and just dreadful to watch.

Unfair that, these are honest, hard working lads. Can't identify with any of the above rubbish. Just not getting the rub of the green right now. Still no sign of that bloody flipchart though.
    Martin L

Post by Martin L Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:47 pm

Who are you ?

Unfair ?

It is total garbage.

Wetherby Road will be closed soon for traffic with the amount of balls going on it, one bounce. Well done Phil.

I feel sorry for poor Martin chasing the balls down the road to collect them.

Stop hiding behind a stupid handle, lording it on here with the real fans, kev, dave, andy, trev, neil, Range Rover, NZ and TS, the Lundys and everyone else.

Either make sense with decent posts or just go away.

Unfair ? I will tell you, whoever you may be.........unfair is the rubbish we watch, unfair to the quality players we have signed and mostly unfair the dwindling attendances when so much work behind the scenes is just gone.

Unfair...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 1:49 pm