Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

3 posters

A handful of things to do for your first home game!

trevdee
    trevdee

A handful of things to do for your first home game! Empty A handful of things to do for your first home game!

Post by trevdee Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:17 pm

- make sure the manager wakes up and bangs his head

- Advertise hard, attract 300+ additional fans, lay on freeby tickets and entertain them with the hoof ball tactics

- Play a player, clearly not good enough at this level to make a team promotional material, upfront

- Tinker and experiment with formation/ players out of position/ etc.

- Defiantly try things that haven't been tried in pre-season friendlies

- Did I mention let Tad pick the team

I'm sorry guys but we had a clear reality check tonight, Adam N is only good enough to play second fiddle to the centre halfs..It wasn't his fault he was picked to play up front, but when he dropped into centre mid, he was eaten alive. If we stick to tonights formation, we will get gobbled up alive on Saturday. We all expect to be in the race for promotion this season but it wont happen if we don't pick the right players to play in the right position under the right formation.

I'm not going to drum on it was clear to see tonight and the only reason I bring it up is because it is exactly what I witnessed tonight. Unfortunately 300+ additional fans also had to witness us bypass the midfield completely and with that performance tonight I would be surprised if they will be back.

Ironically and I am having a wee chuckle, but we finally get that perfect playing surface and we don't want to play on it.

Tonight was a disaster in my mind, 5 steps back!!!
    trevdee
    trevdee

A handful of things to do for your first home game! Empty Re: A handful of things to do for your first home game!

Post by trevdee Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:22 pm

And just to add, I thought Adam N played well in pre-season and probably deserved a chance to start (not upfront though, Wright must be on the verge of leaving already). He competed well pre-season against young inexperienced players, playing tappy tappy football but up against strong, quick competent Skrill North players he struggles, always has and always will.
    j2021

A handful of things to do for your first home game! Empty Re: A handful of things to do for your first home game!

Post by j2021 Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:30 pm

2nd half was shocking, no other word for it!

We came out and were defensive from the start, towards the end of the half it even seemed like at times the 2 central midfielders had slotted into a back 6! Evil or Very Mad 

This was just inviting the pressure, attack after attack, straight onto our back line, who I actually thought defended for their lives and did well, to say the amount of pressure they were under!

Chris Hall had a thankless task up front, pretty much on his own up there, trying to link up with Nowakowski, who lets just say, isn't the most creative of players.....

Dom Rowe looked electric when he came on, he was under used when brought on, there were a number of occasions we could've used him as an outlet and we were either too slow or actually seemed to be time wasting......

I always say that attack is the best kind of defence!

Wish the team knew that motto for the second half!!!

And we really do have quality when we attack with quick passing on the ground and to feet! Exclamation  

Anyway, enough moaning..... let's put it right on Saturday, in which will be a very, very tough game!

Play like that, we lose, simple as that!
    Must be better!
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:36 pm

Yep, it is done now and a quick learning curve for Weaver...I doubt we will play in the same style with the same mentality on Saturday and I somehow think there will be changes.

There is only one combo for me on sat and that is to play Worsley in behind Hall
    j2021

Post by j2021 Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:50 pm

AGREED!!! Worsfold up front is a must, the guy has bags of goals in him, Hall will also compliment him well! That partnership is a must!
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:12 pm

Ok I got his name wrong, but he is wasted out on the wing....He will be just as, if not better than Knowles, very similar player but I feel holds the ball better and has a bag of tricks...very exciting player.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:41 pm

Agree with all of that, anyone who was there will know they witnessed a car crash, I hope to God, Simon and co. are not gonna be in denial about it. We need change on Saturday or the Villagers will slaughter us.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 3:00 am