Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+3
trevdee
Innocent Bystander
sulphurite
7 posters

BPA v Town Live online commentary

sulphurite
    sulphurite

BPA v Town Live online commentary Empty BPA v Town Live online commentary

Post by sulphurite Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:59 pm

If anyone wishes to listen to live commentary online you can do so via this link: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Laughing COME ON TOWN Laughing 
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

BPA v Town Live online commentary Empty Re: BPA v Town Live online commentary

Post by sulphurite Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:48 pm

Half time 0 - 0
    Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:00 pm

Point gained or two lost? 7 from the week
    But 3 pts essential at the weekend

Post by Guest Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:15 pm

Appalling playing surface and strong winds were a leveller, but we had some good chances to win this. Rowe putting the ball wide from 8 yards out with only the keeper to beat in the last minute was the pick of them.

Feels more like 2  points dropped to me tonight on the balance of play.

S.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:23 pm

Everytime I go there I always walk away thinking I'm not going to that crap ground again...From pitch, to stands, to muddy chips, to kit, everything about the place is just depressing..So glad I am a town fan and don't have to watch a pitch ruin the game week in week out......slit wrists springs to mind, no wonder their fan base is dwindling!
    Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:21 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

26 min 30 sec in!
    Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:39 pm

Looking at the next four games, surely 10pts from 12 will be required - but all winnable
    BPA as a club scratch around to carry on ....
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:36 pm

we where the only team in the top 7 not to get 3 points today  Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad 
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:46 pm

trevdee wrote:Everytime I go there I always walk away thinking I'm not going to that crap ground again...From pitch, to stands, to muddy chips, to kit, everything about the place is just depressing..So glad I am a town fan and don't have to watch a pitch ruin the game week in week out......slit wrists springs to mind, no wonder their fan base is dwindling!

you might not be going there again Trev as their chairman said on the radio before the match that Avenue had a bid in to buy Bradford Bulls and ground share Odsal
    nztownfan
    nztownfan

Post by nztownfan Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:51 pm

Speaking to a few of the Avenue players after they were fuming... apparently they havent been payed in 6 weeks. I know that one confronted the chairman (i presume?) about having to pay for a wedding and was very angry

Have to say i liked the set up, shame about the awful pitch and the running track
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:54 pm

rather quite on here tonight
    Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:57 pm

Money to buy “Bradford Bulls” but not enough to pay the players on time!!!!
     scratch 

nztownfan
    nztownfan

Post by nztownfan Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:40 am

Have to say looking back it appears that we neither gained one point or lost two points as the result was compleatly fair... BPA's pitch is appaling and with the wind it was always going to make the game tricky. I dont remember them having any clear chances and we had but a few.

Without the away fans i am convinced that the ref would have sent off Anton Brown (which tbh i can see why he would of even if i disagree.) But im thankful he was on the pitch as he was a man mountain today and my MOTM

At the end in the clubhouse one of their fans said to another that he doesnt know why we watch Harrogate Town every week as we play such appealing football... this grated with me a little tbh as quite frankly as i have seen them three times now and we have been the better footballing side every time (Yesterday and the two at ours) yesterday was not pretty by our lot but we did have to adjust to the conditions and always looked more dangerous

But our away fans were class and it was effectively a home atmosphere which i think showed with the dominance of the lads on the pitch (or above it at times Wink)

Looking at the table it isnt prity reading to be honest... 5th at the moment with the two teams behind us being only a point behind and having a game in hand, also Guisley have loads of games too. We need to pick up three points at home in the next two games to still be in the race in my opinion

Post by Guest Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:45 am

Not the best game to watch which from the first minute, I said that I thought it would finish 0-9. Shame Dom could not have put that chance away at the end.

Results did not go our way today but I am still confident we will be in the playoffs at the end of the season.

Pleased that we now have a couple of home games and then a long trip down to Cheltenham for the Gloucester game. Ged - how many are on the coach for this? Wink
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:10 am

Desperately poor game,both sides equally bad for me. Bad set of results for us as well. At least we have two very winnable home games coming up...have to win them simple as that.
    The Horsfall Stadium is a really depressing place to visit (the cemetary across the road sums it up!), and they didn't even have whisky in the bar  Shocked  I could have done with about 6 to make the afternoon bearable! Pity Dom couldn't have got that winner late on.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 9:14 am