Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+2
Martin L
oldblue
6 posters

Lets be positive!

oldblue

Lets be positive! Empty Lets be positive!

Post by oldblue Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:43 pm

Hi fellow Harrogate Fans.
    New to the forum.  Just been reading some comments on the forum and would like to add my comments for what it is worth.
    I have been a fan of the club for several years.  In that time the club has come a long way.  Especially since the arrival of Irving Weaver at the helm.
    Take a step back and look at what has been acheived on and off the pitch. The clubs has become a real community club, and credit to the board for this.
    I also feel the club has been playing some great football.  OK, results have been disappointing, but really feel this will soon change.
    As for the latest issue  reagarding the points deduction.  Yep, not good and maybe it could have been handled a lot better.  However, apologies have been made and the club are happy to answer questions this Wednesday.
    Along this journey not everything will be correct.  But just feel we all need to get behind the club and support the team both on and off the pitch.  
    Thanks
    Martin L

Lets be positive! Empty Re: Lets be positive!

Post by Martin L Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:01 pm

good post old blue. Wednesday we can clear the air, be honest, just be passionate and lets all keep together. I am not sure how Wednesday will go but a frank opportunity to express fans feelings is a good move. I am still behind the weavers because I have seen Hinckley, rushden and kettering go to the wall. we are all disappointed as fans, lets re-group and start to smile again. I have 40 years support under my belt so have seen some terrible times and the odd stella moments. Great shame about Charlie, I hope mick and his wife are looked after and can see first hand that we really appreciated her work. we all move on through tough times. I think if the club can appreciate how we feel they do a few nice gestures, after reflection, and make her and family welcome again. it will be a good result that.

See as many as possible on Wednesday, which I hope will be a seachange and we all move on. Please no personal or snidey comments, that wont help. the club are hosting this and didn't have to do so. I just want to walk home, with my thoughts, knowing we are in good hands, with a clear aim as team, club and fans.

deep breathe, see you Wednesday town fans.
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:06 pm

Welcome old blue and if you are in the area Wednesday evening feel free to come to the Q&A then judge for yourself:sunny: 
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:48 pm

Kum ba yah, my lord, Kum ba yah... Rolling Eyes 
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:56 am

Morning old blue - be aware that you may need to develop a thick skin and if you put anything positive on the forum you will be accused of being a Director/Manager/relation/brown nose etc. etc. but don't be afraid to keep sticking your head above the parapet even if it is to constructively criticise:affraid: 
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:10 am

Old Blue, ignore Ged, he has to put a positive spin on it. H eworks for the club, so may be biased slightly :-)

If you have the time, read through some more of the threads and gain a real fans opinion.
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:53 am

The more people from the club stamp their feet and demand we trust them and support them, the less inclined I am to do so to be honest.

Post by Guest Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:43 am

It’s important to make a distinction between everything being done off the pitch – in this regard the club should be very proud of what its achieved. This extends to the hard working volunteers, the ground staff, and other areas such as the improved website and excellent programme (which I’m mostly too skint to ever buy). No kub by yah from me (besides, I prefer ‘sing hosanna’), just seems ungrateful and unrealistic to expect anything more.
    Then there’s Simon’s record though, which is up for debate and anyone trying to put a positive spin on that needs their head testing. The on the field aspect requires thorough examination as there are just too many issues to ignore. Neil is right in that Simon clearly has an eye for making good signings (although he’s made plenty of them) even in contrast to our previous manager Aspin who signed a few duds, particularly upfront. My only vaguely realistic suggestion would be for Simon and Macca to swap roles – it would seem clear to me that Simon has far more to learn from Macca than Macca does from Simon. It doesn’t prevent Simon from developing his career in management, but it may help get the respect of some of the players who clearly don’t perform to the standards they’re capable of under Simon.

The Charlie issue should be dealt with separately, but some emphasis on lessons learned would be good, coupled with a full and frank apology at the meeting on Wednesday and subsquebtly recorded in the local press, so that it’s clear that the buck stops with the club, not a hardworking and well liked member of staff, who deserves more respect than what so far been provided.

I’m 50/50 about the meeting tomorrow – if I do go I won’t be posting my question in any box – I’ll be asking my question direct to the multitude of directors and other officials who I expect will be in attendance to support the party line. If I’m not there then I’ve decided it would be more productive for me to stay at home and paint the dining room skirting boards.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:45 am

Martin L's comments are fair enough, and I certainly hope we can move on after Wednesday. Only trouble is the club seem to regard perfectly legitimate criticism as somehow 'disloyal' or to use Martin's words 'snide'.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:11 am