Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

2 posters

Positive Thinking

Positive Thinking Empty Positive Thinking

Post by Guest Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:16 pm

There was a comedy duo a few years back that some of younger supporters may not remember, called Morecambe and Wise. Not sure if we can get the PA announcer to play a song of theirs next time, known as Positive Thinking. Anyway, here are the lyrics :

When you feel down, try positive thinking,
    That's what I told them and said,
    Don't wear a frown, try positive thinking,
    Laugh at your troubles instead.

You've got to look on the bright side,
    On hope so much depends,
    With your confidence sinking, positive thinking,
    Helps you on the way my friend.

When things look black, try positive thinking,
    Treat every season as spring,
    No glancing back, try positive thinking,
    Trust what tomorrow may bring.

This crazy world that we live in,
    Will keep on spinning round,
    But with good, strong, positive thinking,
    We'll get together and life wont let us down.

I am going to get behind the Team, the Manager, the Cheque writer, the Chairman, the Chief Executive and the Pie Stall, and what will be will be. Life is too short. Criticising tactics and performances is our right and priviledge, abusing people personally, whether others on this forum or people working hard at the club, is not my style and never will be.

Just had to say it. Anyway, T shirt being printed with identity on it, hopefully in time for the next home game.

S.

Positive Thinking Empty Re: Positive Thinking

Post by Guest Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:20 am

does the positive thinking extend to avoiding relegation cos that's where we're heading?
    pie and chips

Post by pie and chips Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:02 pm

I think Slicker has hit the nail on the head - life is too short.........let's get behind the Club, and trust the judgement of those who pay the bills. I know for sure that the gate receipts, even on a good day, won't pay the wage bill. If Aspin had had his way, and stayed on, I bet we would have done a Farsley! Mr F has more experience than any of us, and it's he who ensures we have a team to watch.
    Do I want us to do better? Of course I do, but bleating for the manager to go is not the way to improve morale. cheers
    YoungStato123
    YoungStato123

Post by YoungStato123 Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:05 pm

True, lets get behind Weaver and the boys like us lot that went on Saturday!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 6:09 am