Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

5 posters

Lets All Keep Together

Martin L

Lets All Keep Together Empty Lets All Keep Together

Post by Martin L Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:18 pm

This is a fantastic club, full stop. period.

We have a superb chairman with the most likeable manager, always there for a chat after every game. The players interact with the fans and are ambassadors for htfc. We have a reputation as a great family friendly place to be.

If the manager gets it wrong, so what. he is learning his trade. when did you go to work everyday and performed superbly ? It does not happen like that.

We are close to a miracle, whether this season or next. All I know is this...... we are in good hands on and off the pitch.

The Weavers, Tad, Ged and Clive Dunnington are superb.......BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR.

This rollercoaster is not slowing down.

I love my club and everyone I meet there, please keep posts honest and not personal, it takes us back a stride.

This has been a superb season, lets ALL focus on the positives and reflect with a smile and good wishes.

OOH TOWN

mart

Superfan100

Lets All Keep Together Empty Re: Lets All Keep Together

Post by Superfan100 Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:47 pm

Hear hear very well said!
    Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:14 pm

This has been the best season for watching Town for years!
    And we have played some good stuff @ times!
    The frustrations of the pitch & weather have also made it more difficult for everyone than a normal season!
    Most Town fans don’t post on here so you tend to get a “distorted view” of what the majority of fans think about how the season has gone!
    The home results have been a bit frustrating as these are the only games a lot of Town fans get to see!!
    Play-offs haven’t been mentioned on this forum for years so to still have an outside chance of them @ this stage of the season is a positive in itself!!!
    The only worry is what the longer term plan for the club is!
    It needs the support from the local community & if over time this doesn’t materialize to the levels expected will the current owners continue to back the club?

JackHTFC
    JackHTFC

Post by JackHTFC Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:08 pm

Couldn't agree more, I'm not the longest follower of town out of all of us, I started following at some point during the Aspin era.

We all know Weavers first few season, we're simply not up to scratch, to be fair to him Fotherby didn't allow him the largest budget in the league and we seemed to think we were getting the same relegation fight each season with Weaver as manager. Now, last August where did you expect us to finish? I personally said lower-mid table, we used to talk of this great FA cup run every year plus every time we won at home there'd be the odd away fan blaming it on 'a slope' in the pitch.

Now to go from all this to a sixth/seventh or maybe even fifth finish, a second round FA cup run and improvements off the pitch with many more to come is remarkable. Yes maybe if there was a few changes here and there a few more points could've been gained and if there wasn't fixture backlog etc...

Remember Rome wasn't built in a day!
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:51 am

These are all fair points, but when you see completely inexplicable team selections being made (you know who I mean), its difficult to remain silent about it. This is a forum after all, not a North Korean newspaper!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:27 pm