Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+2
Dark Knight
Ball and Socket
6 posters

Positive New Year/January

Ball and Socket

Positive New Year/January Empty Positive New Year/January

Post by Ball and Socket Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:12 pm

If the team can get through January unbeaten with 2/3 wins under the belt then the rest of the season will look brighter. We have home games coming up that must be taken advantage of so lets get behind the lads with lots of encouragement and support. We MUST look forward to 2014 and bag as many points as possible every time the team compete in the league. The County Cup semi-final is an aside but is important to win to keep the spirits high amongst the players/coaches/directors/sponsors/etc and the SUPPORTERS. Good luck in 2014 to everyone at the club especially the supporters who have turned out week in week out/year in year out:)

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ONE AND ALL Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy 

Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Positive New Year/January Empty Re: Positive New Year/January

Post by Dark Knight Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:54 pm

Happy New Year!

I really want to see us win that cup.

Post by Guest Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:50 pm

Ball and Socket wrote:If the team can get through January unbeaten with 2/3 wins under the belt then the rest of the season will look brighter. We have home games coming up that must be taken advantage of so lets get behind the lads with lots of encouragement and support. We MUST look forward to 2014 and bag as many points as possible every time the team compete in the league. The County Cup semi-final is an aside but is important to win to keep the spirits high amongst the players/coaches/directors/sponsors/etc and the SUPPORTERS. Good luck in 2014 to everyone at the club especially the supporters who have turned out week in week out/year in year out:)

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ONE AND ALL Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy 

Do we have the right manager? Yes or no?

Post by Guest Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:29 pm

Yes 100%
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:15 pm

Undecided.

Happy New year.

Post by Guest Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:38 pm

Definately IMO - Happy New Year everyone!
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:49 am

Undecided! Sometimes I think 'yes', sometimes 'no'. Whatever...he ain't going anywhere, and there are signs things are improving.
    Ball and Socket

Post by Ball and Socket Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:14 pm

I think its safe to say that the team have had a positive January AND February!! Well done to all the players and the management team. Winning most of the games and drawing the others has given the team a springboard to get into the play-offs as well as look forward to the County Cup Final at Valley Parade. With Brackley losing last night at home to Guisley 2-1 it makes our trip to Brackley even more juicy. I'm sure we can squeeze the pips out of them!! Seriously though the midweek game will have tired them out and although its a fair treck to Brackley I'm sure the lads will get at them from the FIRST whistle. They should run out of steam in the second half. Run them off their feet lads:)

As an observation it would be prudent to put our rescheduled game at Guisley on the fixtures list. I believe its on Tues April 15th. Please correct me someone if I'm wrong. Guisley have 9 games in March and 8 in April. We play them when they will be exhausted. Lets hope by then we are well and truly in the top five!!

A big THANK YOU to Irving, Ged, Clive and all the others who laid on the pre-match hospitality for the 16 supporters from the Supporters Club who were drawn out of a hat. We had a really nice meal and very pleasant chat among each other before the game. Thank you also to Simon who spent some time talking to us about all things football. Not many managers would have given their time to talk to up to 70 of us before a game. I'm sure the Boston directors and guests were suitably impressed by his professional approach to his role as a manager and spokesman for Harrogate Town Football Club.

Keep it going lads. COME ON TOWN Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy 

Post by Guest Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:46 pm

Being one of the lucky ones who had his name pulled out of the hat for the meal on Saturday, myself and my son, Callum, had a lovely meal, I was really honoured to be there to be honest, so unexpected, but lovely all the same. Simon was fantastic in his talk, you can tell how much this club means to him and how much he puts into his team and wants to get the results all for time, I really cannot fault the manager at all, he's very dedicated to his team and the supporters, he made Callum feel very special one afternoon when Callum was being bullied at school, Simon went out of his way to make Callum feel important and the players gave him lots of chats, high fives and moments to remember. We are unbeaten in 2014 so far, in a cup final, within a win of the playoffs and the in form team of the moment. Well Done Simon, and All the Players.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:22 pm

Wasn't one of the lucky ones unfortunately, but it sounded great. I think we are very lucky indeed to have such decent people in charge of the club, compared to some other clubs I could mention, but won't! I think there can be no doubt that the Weavers have created a really pleasant and supportive atmosphere around the club. Lets face it they didn't have to do that on Saturday, but we do seem to be building a really positive vibe around the place (after a hiccup earlier on thiis season!). It definitely seems to be paying off re: the coaches going to away games, crowds building steadily etc. Oh, and we are winning matches as well  Smile 
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:46 pm

Just read that simon has won manager of the month award and I want to say over the years he has taken lots of stick very well, from me and others....Now is the time for me to congratulate him and long may it continue....I think he actually deserves some credit these days!
    CCOB

Post by CCOB Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:08 pm

Agree with the above. Never been a better time to be a Town supporter. I find the whole club very welcoming & friendly nowadays from the chairman right through to the volunteers, bar staff & tea ladies. The place used to be like a morgue at times but supporters now seem friendlier, noisier, the banter is better & we've even got a coach full of supporters travelling for over 3 hours for the 2nd time in a fortnight. Let's sing the lads to victory at Brackley.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 5:04 am