Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+6
paulstreet
nobby99
nztownfan
Dan_Gleebitz
JackHTFC
gedmaloney
10 posters

Harrogate Town vs Hinckley Utd - Xmas Comes Early

gedmaloney

Harrogate Town vs Hinckley Utd - Xmas Comes Early Empty Harrogate Town vs Hinckley Utd - Xmas Comes Early

Post by gedmaloney Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:58 pm

Just a quick note to explain to everyone the thinking behind the "FREE" Town vs Hinckley Fixture on December 15th. Some 8 weeks ago I sat down with Irving and we discussed how best we could raise the profile of the club amongst the good people of Harrogate with a view to building up a wider audience for home matches turned on by a more family friendly atmosphere than they would get at other clubs.
    We ended up with the conclusion "why not invite everyone down to a game free of charge", so we selected the pre Xmas game against Hinckley on the basis that this fixture represented a winnable game at a time of year when many people are shopping as opposed to watching football. We have agreed sponsorship with a number of local companies to cover the cost of this exercise and tickets are now available from Charlie and Garry in the Club Office. The fixture has been advertised in the last 2 programmes and I will ask Peter to put the ad on the website as well.
    We would appreciate help from everybody to ensure that this fixture is a success so please invite as many friends and family as you wish and pick up tickets from the club.
    With everything going on with the FA Cup game you might expect that this fixture would melt into the background - not a bit of it - we have already had requests for over 1100 tickets and you can expect loads of children and adults on the 15th - our target was to achieve an attendance of around 1200 - with your help I have no doubt that we can smash this target.
    If you know a junior football team (or maybe fans that would normally head to Leeds!!)that would be interested in attending the game get address details and we will forward tickets or alternatively get them pop into the office and pick up.
    Onwards and upwards cheers
    JackHTFC
    JackHTFC

Harrogate Town vs Hinckley Utd - Xmas Comes Early Empty Re: Harrogate Town vs Hinckley Utd - Xmas Comes Early

Post by JackHTFC Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:23 pm

Can we get in on the day without a ticket?
    gedmaloney

Harrogate Town vs Hinckley Utd - Xmas Comes Early Empty Re: Harrogate Town vs Hinckley Utd - Xmas Comes Early

Post by gedmaloney Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:33 am

Good Morning Harrogate - Yes,you can get in without a ticket - the reason for printing tickets was that we felt it would serve as a reminder to potential match visitors about the match and it was also an advertising opportunity for the match sponsors - we are also hoping that visitors will fill in the left hand stub thus enabling us to build up a database that will enable us to contact them about further activity through the season.
    The whole process behind this is to illustrate to Joe Public that Harroagte Town are a Family Friendly Club, providing good value for money entertainment, in a reasonably pleasant atmosphere, providing access to the players (was encouraged to see 10-15 youngsters swarming round Chib at Saturdays game for his autograph - hope springs eternal!!0 - in short, everything top flight professional football isn't. Have a great week and keep telling friends and family about both big games that are coming up Very Happy
    Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

Location : Harrogate, near the beefburgers (but not the chips)

Post by Dan_Gleebitz Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:50 am

gedmaloney wrote:we have already had requests for over 1100 tickets and you can expect loads of children and adults on the 15th - our target was to achieve an attendance of around 1200 - with your help I have no doubt that we can smash this target.

A similar question to the previous one. If we don't have a ticket, what are the chances of getting in?

Your target is 1,200 and you've already reached 1,100. So what's the ground capacity?

It's difficult (but not impossible) for me or the wife to be in Harrogate during the week. It'll probably be my last match until mid Jan due to circumstances and I wouldn't want to miss it.

And yes I know, should have picked them up at the Vauxhall match - but didn't notice the ad until we were home that eve as I didn't read the prog properly until then.
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:05 am

Morning Dan - suggest you ring the office, leave your details with Charlie (address, number of tickets required) and we will post out to you, given the exceptional circumstances.
    nztownfan
    nztownfan

Post by nztownfan Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:04 pm

Hi

I have a few questions... i think if i could get maybe 20 people to come along... am i allowed to pick up 20 tickets or whould they all indervidually apply??

Also what time is the office open?? and can i order them by telephone or the next home match (or will they be gone by then)??
    nobby99

Post by nobby99 Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:51 pm

Great initiative, which has been lacking from the the club in the 'pre- Weaver era'. Think the club should do this first match of every season - obviously costly, but the it has the potential to more than pay back.

As for capacity, I wouldn't worry, although hopefully I'm wrong ..... The last time we had free entry - Stafford a few years ago (?) - we still only managed 600 attendance, though I don't think it was very well publicised. It was said at the time that there was a limit to the interest in football in Harrogate - I don't think that's true, its just that they are all following league teams. Hopefully the FA Cup will make them sit up and notice what's going on under their nose. I really hope we get through and draw Leeds or Bradford, and of course get a result or at least give them a hell of a match. That would make a few 'locals' take notice of what's going on at the CNG.
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:06 pm

Couldn't agree more Nobby - we have agreat product on offer at Town and we want to show Harrogate people what Town have to offer - not just the first team and the new facilities but the commitment to the community and the investment in new facilities to make the match experience more enjoyable - great to see so many youngsters at the match on Saturday. I've done the Premiership and Sky TV and both have long gone - we have a great opportunity at Harrogate to show there is life outside of Leeds United. I'll say it again - FA Cup - BRING IT ON!!!! cheers
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:10 pm

Also meant to say that ground capacity is 3300 so should be entry on the day but I will keep people informed on the forum- we'll never get that many for a free match - will we???? Don't bank on it. Shocked
    Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

Post by Dan_Gleebitz Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:04 am

nobby99 wrote:Think the club should do this first match of every season
    Nobby, that idea is so daft, it might just be brilliant!

Couldn't see ManU doing it, but for a club our size, trying to generate interest it's certainly worth a punt.

Last edited by Dan_Gleebitz on Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:18 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ***** computer shut down in the middle of posting.....)
    Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

Post by Dan_Gleebitz Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:21 am

gedmaloney wrote:Morning Dan - suggest you ring the office, leave your details with Charlie (address, number of tickets required) and we will post out to you, given the exceptional circumstances.
    Thanks Ged. Fortunately my wife will be in the area during office hours today so I'm hoping she remembers to pick up a couple.

Just in case she doesn't, anyone know a good divorce solicitor? Laughing
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:30 am

My memory is that Bill Fotherby offered free admission as a 'reward' to fans after we had won promotion (to the Unibond Premier), played Workington, played poorly, lost 1-0!! I think there were about 1000 there, might be wrong.
    Have to agree, by the way, about how well Mr Weaver (and his team) are running the club now, it really feels like that we may still be part time on the playing front, but the club is being run on a professional basis, and it shows.
    Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

Post by Dan_Gleebitz Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:22 pm

Dan_Gleebitz wrote:Just in case she doesn't, anyone know a good divorce solicitor? Laughing
    I'd just like to confirm that my marriage is safe Laughing

For the time being anyway......... Smile

gedmalony wrote:Also meant to say that ground capacity is 3300 so should be entry on the day but I will keep people informed on the forum- we'll never get that many for a free match - will we???? Don't bank on it.
    Maybe not for Hinkley, but if we beat Hastings and draw Man City in the 3rd round we might just get close....... Wink

paulstreet wrote:Have to agree, by the way, about how well Mr Weaver (and his team) are running the club now, it really feels like that we may still be part time on the playing front, but the club is being run on a professional basis, and it shows.
    I'll echo that Paul. Yes, not everything comes off but I always get the feeling that we're now attempting to step in the right direction cheers
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:47 am

What is going on in Harrogate? When we decided to run the Hinckley game as free to entry little did we know that we would tap into the psyche of evry Yorkshire man, woman and child bom

Strewth - with over 2 weeks to go to the Hinckley game we have already issued well over 2000 tickets and anticipate it will be close between this game and the FA Cup for the seasons best attendance (up until end December!! anyway).

All the tickets will have gone by this weekend so be sure to pick up a ticket on Saturday - we will have approximately 400 to hand out as people arrive and queue for entry to the Hastings game Shocked
    Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

Post by Dan_Gleebitz Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:10 am

gedmaloney wrote:What is going on in Harrogate? When we decided to run the Hinckley game as free to entry little did we know that we would tap into the psyche of evry Yorkshire man, woman and child bom
    In yorkshire they'll have anything if it's free clown
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:21 am

Time to tap on the door of caterers, we will need a food court, a row of 5 chuck wagons will do....take over the hospital carpark and line then up!!

Imagine if we retained just 200 more as regulars, the difference to the club that would make.....and then there may be a chance of a freeby every season.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:56 pm

Great news about the Hinckley game, presumably we loyal band of season ticket holders don't need to pick up a ticket Question Don't forget to print plenty of programmes!
    A1 drifter

Post by A1 drifter Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:52 pm

Good point. Can we season ticket holders please be reassured that we don't need to pick up a ticket - or do we?

Also, what time do the 'gates open' on Saturday?

Thanks.
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:12 pm

Gents - I forwarded a letter to all season ticket holders 2 weeks ago stating that all season ticket holders would be invited for a bite to eat in hospitality before the game - all you need to do is contact Charlie on the office number and confirm you will be attending and we will see you in the hospitality suite for some Spanish nosh before the game. We need to know names and numbers before the game for catering purposes. See you on the 15th but ring Charlie to book. santa
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:54 pm

Damn I knew I should have bought a season ticket, didn't realise I would go to every (well nearly) game home and away game...Next season!!
    michael e

Post by michael e Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:37 am

paulstreet wrote:My memory is that Bill Fotherby offered free admission as a 'reward' to fans after we had won promotion (to the Unibond Premier), played Workington, played poorly, lost 1-0!! I think there were about 1000 there, might be wrong.
    Have to agree, by the way, about how well Mr Weaver (and his team) are running the club now, it really feels like that we may still be part time on the playing front, but the club is being run on a professional basis, and it shows.

Correct the attanance was just over 1,100. Also there was 'free' admission to a re-arranged match at home to Stafford Rangers when the floodlights failed due to electrical problmes outside the ground. The Electic Company responsible paid the admission as compensation.
    michael e

Post by michael e Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:43 am

gedmaloney wrote:Gents - I forwarded a letter to all season ticket holders 2 weeks ago stating that all season ticket holders would be invited for a bite to eat in hospitality before the game - all you need to do is contact Charlie on the office number and confirm you will be attending and we will see you in the hospitality suite for some Spanish nosh before the game. We need to know names and numbers before the game for catering purposes. See you on the 15th but ring Charlie to book. santa

Ged - yes I received the letter and assumed that there was only a need to 'book' if wanting nibbles.

The question is 'Does a Season Ticket garuantee admission to the ground, or should we get a complimentary ticket as well?' Otherwise what would happen if the ground capacity is reached, the gates are closed, and a Season Ticket holder arrives - would they be refused access?
    Ball and Socket

Post by Ball and Socket Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:30 am

I hope to God we beat Hastings because the adrenalin rush will keep the lads going before they face Hinkley just over 24 hours later!!
    nztownfan
    nztownfan

Post by nztownfan Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:45 pm

looking to get 6/7 more tckets having given away a few already.. is there any more left???? people are wanting to get down now after the boro draw Smile
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:18 pm

Tickets still available at the club office and all season ticket holders will be able to gain access with or without tickets - nice problem to have but we have even saved seats for you Wink

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 10:40 am