Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+7
paulstreet
sulphurite
yorkiebar
town supporter
Innocent Bystander
thetallaccountant
A1 drifter
11 posters

Xmas Desperation - Town Sign Two Players from Goole Town

Innocent Bystander

Xmas Desperation - Town Sign Two Players from Goole Town Empty Xmas Desperation - Town Sign Two Players from Goole Town

Post by Innocent Bystander Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:22 pm

The revolving door is moving apace as we speak
    Harrogate have signed two young players from Goole Town
    Jordan Thewlis and Andy Gascoigne (Midfield)
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Twitter
    @jordanthewlis92 and @gascoigne91

I am sponsoring the game on Friday but cannot decide whether to go!

In amidst all of the gloom, every best seasonal wish to town supporters from every viewpoint!
    A1 drifter

Xmas Desperation - Town Sign Two Players from Goole Town Empty Re: Xmas Desperation - Town Sign Two Players from Goole Town

Post by A1 drifter Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:11 pm

Good luck to them both!
    Townfan
    Townfan

Xmas Desperation - Town Sign Two Players from Goole Town Empty Re: Xmas Desperation - Town Sign Two Players from Goole Town

Post by Townfan Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:25 pm

Where has this come from IB, I can't see it anywhere. If true it is good to see we are looking at the lower leagues (like Bradford PA do) to try and unearth some talent who will be eager to progress like Luke Shiels. Only time will tell.
    thetallaccountant
    thetallaccountant

Post by thetallaccountant Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:37 pm

Ed White reports they have signed on his Twitter feed.
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:48 pm

Harrogate Advertiser !! Must be right then ????
    Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:07 pm

Signed on loan for the festive period
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:16 pm

Townfan wrote:  If true it is good to see we are looking at the lower leagues (.
    It's become nothing short of ridiculous now. Lose a few games, sign a couple of players. Also underlines what I was saying about what a total waste of time and resources the club's youth set up is.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:18 pm

Wonder if Walshaw on the bench is the beginning of his leaving us? Now that the play offs are a virtual impossibility will he want to stay on? And the club could save his £600/700 a week (at least) wages by moving him on? These two guys from Goole will be on peanuts presumably, so perhaps financial retrenchment is the name of the game now.

Oh, and (inevitably) Ryan Kendall scored for Ferriby Saturday.
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:22 pm

paulstreet wrote:These two guys from Goole will be on peanuts presumably, so perhaps financial retrenchment is the name of the game now.
    Wishful thinking and I doubt that's the reason. This is just a repeat of the usual pattern - Town play cr*p and lose a few, Simon blames his players and gives them a telling off, that doesn't work, he has no more ideas on how to get them playing, thinks "I'll show 'em", brings in a couple of players, drops the ones he's angry with, Town eventually pick up...then off we go again, repeat until the end of time.
    town supporter

Post by town supporter Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:52 pm

I was informed earlier in the season (backed up by a couple of town die hards) that walshaw was on 800 per week and speight even more
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:03 pm

town supporter wrote:I was informed earlier in the season (backed up by a couple of town die hards) that walshaw was on 800 per week and speight even more
    I wonder how much Simon gets paid...
    town supporter

Post by town supporter Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:48 pm

Well I imagine you need a few quid to maintain a property in Linton!
    yorkiebar

Post by yorkiebar Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:33 pm

town supporter wrote:I was informed earlier in the season (backed up by a couple of town die hards) that walshaw was on 800 per week and speight even more
    i have heard some crap on this forum , but this takes 1st prize, do these two diehards work in wages dept, or are they the chuckle bros ?
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:45 pm

yorkiebar wrote:
    i have heard some crap on this forum , but this takes 1st prize, do these two diehards work in wages dept, or are they the chuckle bros ?
    Well if Hall was on £400-500 a week, denied by the club of course, it's not rocket science. Probably not far wide of the mark.
    town supporter

Post by town supporter Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:01 pm

yorkiebar wrote:

Not the chuckle bros - that would surely be our inept management duo. The walshaw figure has been mentioned by various well informed town supporters so I thought it was worth sharing - sounds about right to me. What would you expect one of the league's best strikers to be on?
    yorkiebar

Post by yorkiebar Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:18 am

town supporter wrote:
    yorkiebar wrote:

Not the chuckle bros - that would surely be our inept management duo. The walshaw figure has been mentioned by various well informed town supporters so I thought it was worth sharing - sounds about right to me. What would you expect one of the league's best strikers to be on?
    these days maybe half £400
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

Post by sulphurite Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:14 am

town supporter wrote:
    yorkiebar wrote:

I can honestly believe the £800 per week figures. Paul Brayson for instance, was also rumoured to demand similar wages a few seasons ago, yet another high earning player (We have had many!) who failed to deliver the goods, albeit more thn likely down to tactical ineptitude by the current management team.
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:21 am

Any idea what the club's turnover is? 200k? 250k? 300K? In a good year like the cup run/tv money year maybe 350K? If Irving is also putting in 50k a year himself or maybe even a bit more then I'd say it's more than feasible that our "star" signing is on 800 quid a week. In fact I'd be more shocked if he was on 400 quid than 800 to be honest.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:15 pm

maybe tall accountant can verify this but I am pretty sure, Irving's company as the main sponsor throws in a bit of sponsorship money (or maybe quite alot) that would have gone to the tax man anyway, so does he really actually put his hand in his pocket, I doubt it..........That piece of land that the ground sits on however could make him a pretty packet in the future, worth taking a pot of cash destined for the taxman and putting it into a club that could earn him a very pretty penny in the future. Obviously this is just my personal thought, but it kind of adds up especially as he no longer wants to be the face of the club and allows his son to destroy it so in essence he doesn't really care about anything....Why else would he want in?? By now he would know his son isn't going to further his career!
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:30 pm

The £400 figure seems way off the mark. At the end of the season Walshaw could presumably have asked for more or less anything he was in such demand. £800 (no doubt with some extras for goals scored) is much more likely. Players like Kerry. McGurk, Turner, Barnes etc. must be on £600 or so. It wouldn't surprise me if Speight was on some absurd figure (lot of money for one penalty Jake!).

I mean. lets face it, IW is so rich he can more or less pay players what he wants: no wonder they all flock to the club every summer, pound signs glittering in their eyes. And, presumably, the word has got around that we are a 'soft touch' in that regard. I love it when every new player says they joined because they were convinced the club was really 'going somewhere', none of them mention the pay packet to come. But that applies at every level of football.

Paul Arnett: So what made you join Harrogate Town Player X ?
    Player X: Because I'm going to have my pockets stuffed with cash, of course.
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:03 pm

trevdee wrote:maybe tall accountant can verify this but I am pretty sure, Irving's company as the main sponsor throws in a bit of sponsorship money (or maybe quite alot) that would have gone to the tax man anyway, so does he really actually put his hand in his pocket, I doubt it..........That piece of land that the ground sits on however could make him a pretty packet in the future, worth taking a pot of cash destined for the taxman and putting it into a club that could earn him a very pretty penny in the future. Obviously this is just my personal thought
    Well to be honest this is exactly what I've been hinting at for a while now. His disciples on here keep throwing the investment line at us but how much of his OWN money out of his OWN pocket does he actually invest into the club? Not a lot I'll wager. He's a building magnate who on the whole, as we all know, are a bunch of corrupt crooks, who bend all the rules to the limits and exploit every loophole going. That's the biggest laugh about the whole charade really isn't it? We're lumbered with his son because we're beholden to his dad's money but the truth is that most of it probably isn't even his own money. It's the way of the world but we shouldn't accept it nor fear changing the regime.  
    paulstreet wrote:
    I mean. lets face it, IW is so rich he can more or less pay players what he wants: no wonder they all flock to the club every  summer, pound signs glittering in their eyes.  And, presumably, the word has got around that we are a 'soft touch' in that regard. I love it when every new player says they joined because they were convinced the club was really 'going somewhere', none of them mention the pay packet to come. But that applies at every level of football.

Paul Arnett: So what made you join Harrogate Town Player X ?
    Player X: Because I'm going to have my pockets stuffed with cash, of course.
    And yet despite all of that, the few genuine, honest individuals who give up so much for the club get virtually nothing in return and are treated by Irving with utter contempt, used by the club, their loyalty exploited. Such a great chairman, people keep saying, such a well run club, people keep saying...so why aren't these individuals rewarded for their efforts? We're happy to chuck money at criminals but not at club stalwarts. Mentioning no names of course but one person, for example, who I believe improved the clubs social media content no end, amongst other things, in my opinion should have been made full time, given more responsibilties and rewarded befittingly. Instead we now have an illiterate chimp, who managed to alienate himself from even the most easy going supporters, putting out a large part of the club's media content. Total amateurism. Still it adds to the laughs for the rest of the league I suppose.
    ultimate warrior
    ultimate warrior

Post by ultimate warrior Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:56 pm

trevdee wrote:maybe tall accountant can verify this but I am pretty sure, Irving's company as the main sponsor throws in a bit of sponsorship money (or maybe quite alot) that would have gone to the tax man anyway, so does he really actually put his hand in his pocket, I doubt it..........That piece of land that the ground sits on however could make him a pretty packet in the future, worth taking a pot of cash destined for the taxman and putting it into a club that could earn him a very pretty penny in the future. Obviously this is just my personal thought, but it kind of adds up especially as he no longer wants to be the face of the club and allows his son to destroy it so in essence he doesn't really care about anything....Why else would he want in?? By now he would know his son isn't going to further his career!

I thought the council owned the ground and leased it to town or is that wrong?
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:35 pm

ultimate warrior wrote:
    trevdee wrote:maybe tall accountant can verify this but I am pretty sure, Irving's company as the main sponsor throws in a bit of sponsorship money (or maybe quite alot) that would have gone to the tax man anyway, so does he really actually put his hand in his pocket, I doubt it..........That piece of land that the ground sits on however could make him a pretty packet in the future, worth taking a pot of cash destined for the taxman and putting it into a club that could earn him a very pretty penny in the future. Obviously this is just my personal thought, but it kind of adds up especially as he no longer wants to be the face of the club and allows his son to destroy it so in essence he doesn't really care about anything....Why else would he want in?? By now he would know his son isn't going to further his career!

They probably do, but he is probably used to wining and dining council officials to get what he wants in the long run...thats what people like him do, worm their way into the channels they need to in order to make a fast ££££......He will buy it soon enough and at a massivly knocked down price because he will promise that the community will prosper and they probably will short term but long term now thats the key....again my own personal thoughts, just trying to piece the jigsaw togethor because nothing else makes sense, I mean a South Yorkshire guy running a North Yorkshire none-league club, for the fun of it?? Hmm doubt it.
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:39 pm

ultimate warrior wrote:
    That is correct.

Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:10 pm

Well developer1 seemed to know the score. Shame he/she doesn't post more often.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 11:52 am