Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

5 posters

Stockport at home

GARAGE

Stockport at home  Empty Stockport at home

Post by GARAGE Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:12 pm

Another game where both teams contributed to entertaining end to end footy. We've got our attacking flair back which had disappeared when we had players missing. We could have got another 3/4 goals but could have conceded another 2 so I'm happy with the score. All we can do is keep winning and hope Salford slip up starting at Brackley on Sat.
    Almost forgot to say that all 4 of our goals were superb.
    WhiteRose11

Stockport at home  Empty Re: Stockport at home

Post by WhiteRose11 Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:21 pm

GARAGE wrote:Another game where both teams contributed to entertaining end to end footy. We've got our attacking flair back which had disappeared when we had players missing. We could have got another 3/4 goals but could have conceded another 2 so I'm happy with the score. All we can do is keep winning and hope Salford slip up starting at Brackley on Sat.
    Almost forgot to say that all 4 of our goals were superb.

Cant see Salford slipping that much tbh but we can hope and as you say all we can do is keep on winning.
    Agree about the 4 goals all contenders for goal of the month I would sugest
    fulhamphoenix

Post by fulhamphoenix Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:10 pm

A very uplifting performance after the disappointment of the Salford result.
    But besides the sublime scores, I think mention should be made of Falky's performance - he was his usual immense self; ask him to do a job for town and he'll always deliver more than expected. Also, Ainge's half-time medicine did the trick - to be blunt, in my eyes he's just lumbered around the pitch the last few games not relishing competing for the ball (especially in the air), but after half-time he started to jump and compete and was winning everything in the air. If Ainge can contribute like that in future games, for me he doesn't need to be scoring goals, although that would be a good bonus for us.
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:03 am

Strange game tonight. We looked good going forward and their keeper kept the score down. Second half when Stuckport resorted to lumping it forward, we looked all at sea.
    Good job we were playing a mid-table team and not Brackley, Spennymoor, Salford et al.
    Ozzi

Post by Ozzi Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:12 pm

Yes you are correct Townfan. At times we looked superb attacking wise, but strangely wide open when defending. If the score had ended 7-3, we couldn’t of argued. I recall a guy of there’s going through almost 1 on 1 in the 2nd half twice . One a great save by Belly, the other a terrible miss. But then, i lost count of the great chances we had. One I recall was a brilliant save by there keeper to keep out Dom in the 1st half. We now must not drop our standards when Telford visit the CNG on Sat. We win that, and Salford come a cropper at Brackley, and they’ll be looking over there shoulders again.
    WhiteRose11

Post by WhiteRose11 Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:28 pm

Just watched the highlights and agree 7-3 could easily have been the score. They had far too many clear opportunities but from an attacking point of view there was some really good stuff, but we have to be mindful of the back door when we don't score. Which is also probably why we don't perform as well against the long ball teams like Brackley, Spennymore and Salford.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 5:38 pm