Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+7
trevdee
Wetherby Mike
Big Lundy
GARAGE
Top Cat
fulhamphoenix
boselecta
11 posters

Stockport- time to see who's who

Surplus

Stockport- time to see who's who Empty Stockport- time to see who's who

Post by Surplus Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:46 pm

Double header with Stockport. Saw this ages ago and fancied it but now who knows. We either kick on or fade. Chib and JP upfront pls santa!
    boselecta

Stockport- time to see who's who Empty Re: Stockport- time to see who's who

Post by boselecta Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:39 pm

Jim Gannons thought's about the double header.
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Surplus

Post by Surplus Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:13 pm

Starting to look forward to this. Should be a cracking atmosphere!
    fulhamphoenix

Post by fulhamphoenix Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:43 pm

It's depressing to have to say it, but a draw would be a good result for us, with the true standard we find we are at, based on the last 3 months performances.
    But come on Town, there's a big opportunity here to prove the 'realists' wrong!
    Surplus

Post by Surplus Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:42 pm

This and last week were the chances. Now on damage limitation mode!
    GARAGE

Post by GARAGE Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:15 pm

Well the management really made major mistakes with team changes and playing with only one up front against a very big side. The lone striker still cannot head the ball and only springs to life when he sees a sight of goal. Being basically lazy when a loan striker does not work. I prefer Crook in goal but he never ever seems to learn from his previous indecisive decisions. It will be interesting who gets blamed for today's mess. I honestly don't know where we go from here. Maybe the goalkeeper coach needs some coaching.
    fulhamphoenix

Post by fulhamphoenix Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:54 pm

Serious question ... No offence meant to anyone, but I've always assumed we do not have a goalkeeper coach. Can anyone confirm or otherwise ?
    If we haven't, then maybe it's worth investing a few grand to send Crooks away to a goalkeeping coach for a few sessions, along with videos of his 'problem' performances during the past few seasons, with the remit being not only how to avoid 'problem scenarios' but also how to take goal kicks and how to kick with ball in hand.
    Credit where credit is due, some of his reflex saves are incredibly good, but other parts of his performance can be incredibly bad and 'unmistakably!' make him a team liability.
    Top Cat

Post by Top Cat Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:11 pm

Yes we have a goal keeper coach, brought in beginning of this season, and crooks got worse imo
    fulhamphoenix

Post by fulhamphoenix Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:42 pm

Well .... What more can be said ?
    Surplus

Post by Surplus Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:46 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This I suppose
    Top Cat

Post by Top Cat Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:39 am

We lacked up front! Yes because of your team selection simon! I must of missed all these fantastic balls into the box?? We had 13/14 corners of which 75% at least were just looped up high to the back post, great tactic with emmett cadman Kerry and pitman trying to win headers against a team of giants

Post by Guest Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:47 am

Dear me. What a nothing performance. A home team playing a team just above them and setting up not to lose.
    The two banks of 4. Wtf. Didn't see that the whole game. Just saw a continuing and unravelling mistake. Balls into the box for our ONE forward to not get anywhere near. It's basic stuff but daddy's boy seems to want to confuse everyone with his football manager computer game tactics.
    It's pathetic. It is also basic that the teams performance is the most important factor in getting people into the ground and yet again with a fairly decent, though not great, home turn out they set the team up to perform cowardly.
    Added to the insult, how shite are those security twonks. Relative up for Xmas was done for smoking an e cig. The ground was crawling with these unfriendly folk it was like we were all presumed to be wrong doers.
    Frankly awful by the Weavers. Terrible atmosphere about the ground and terrie tactics on the pitch. As my nephew said to me how do you put up with that. Just how long would Simon last at another club with an average budget? He wouldn't even get the job in the first place. Ruining the club this carry on and it's odd father and son joke at out expense.

Still, roll on edgley park ....

Post by Guest Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:49 am

Oh and who thinks his post match comments are sounding more and more ludicrous? Desperate even.
    GARAGE

Post by GARAGE Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:59 pm

Does anyone believe the attendance anounced at under 1100
    Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:42 pm

A lot of plod & steward’s there yesterday!!!
    £££££
    Probably more than they’ll have @ Edgeley Park on Sunday!!!!!  
    scratch
    Top Cat

Post by Top Cat Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:03 pm

f**ks given by the weavers 0!

A club run with the who cares we're ok attitude, led by a jumped up k**b who's in charge of a YouTube and twitter account and thinks he's above criticism and is better than anyone else, somed up perfectly by fans ( junior season ticket holders who can see it's a shambles) singing get out of our club at recent games and him telling them personally if they sing that again they will be banned for a season, but saying nothing to adults singing the exact same thing!

Post by Guest Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:35 pm

975 against Tamworth vs the attendance yesterday shows something to be a bit wonky with numbers at the club.
    Just another sign of the basics being beyond certain people at the club.if they had counted the stewards that would added another 100 on the gate. Bunch of muppets.
    You are right top cat. Simon and Irving do not give one feck about the fans, they just want this sham to go on and on for their own good. Should get the feck back to south Yorkshire and take their shite hangers on with them. Don't care if we go down cos of it just want my 40 years of town watching to not be lost as cannot take too much more of it. The club cannot be run for the benefit of continuing some one who should not be managing in football....all whilst we have to act like this is normal. Also sure the town of harrogate can support a club for its fans and at this level without the need for this lot. Not like our town struggles money wise. And would anyone miss Plant...Ged....the polo necked twonk....all talentless, self serving hangers on and all going would probably bring back a good load of older fans who have sacked them off cos of the Weavers.
    Surplus

Post by Surplus Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:25 pm

I don't want the club relegated and I get to see some of the many positives of the club such as the soccer camps and the PDC as well as other age ranges, charitable work and the hard work behind the scenes to get these matches on safely. Mistakes have been made and we should learn from them but ultimately we need to get things right on the pitch. Let's see where we are at season end and keep getting behind the team.

Post by Guest Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:45 pm

All initiatives that other clubs don't do and only exclusive to the current lot owning and running the club? And who gives one about ladies football and other things like this when the club fundamentally dislike it's fans and continue to treat them like shite.....which it is obvious why given we are the ones who can see and call out their ongoing inabilities to run the club like a proper club and some toy for a kid to continously mess up with.

Having watched town for so long it bothers me more the atmosphere around the club, the feeling of comraderie and togertheness, than what league we play in. We don't all go to watch town for the glory do we go because it is non league and you can feel closer to the club you choose to support at this level than some customer of a premier league club. The club under this lot seems to be treating many people with a poor attitude. The match day experiwnce with the security goons. There is no unity between club and fans and it is like I say not the club I have supported for so many years, decades before the Weavers ever dabbled in the game or our club.
    Surplus

Post by Surplus Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:49 pm

Supporters Group meeting 3/1/17 @ 1915. Come along if you're a member, if not join up and help to get the club where you want it. The club still is friendly and we need to work hard to keep it that way and success on the pitch can still go hand in hand with a well run club which I think Town is by and large.
    Wetherby Mike

Post by Wetherby Mike Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:19 pm

As far as I am aware Harrogate supporters have never been the cause of any trouble which would necessitate their being segregated home or away. If other clubs advise us that their supporters can't be trusted to behave themselves without segregation then police and heavy stewarding should be concentrated solely on them.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:34 am

The supporters club meeting wont do anything to help the relationship between fans and the knobs at the club....Only Ged will be in attendance and he has done nothing of late to improve things...All he has done is gloss over the McCunty thing at the big meet by saying McCunty for all his flaws has done good by bringing in extra fans...pppwahahha where are they now btw?

Just face it our club is screwed more than ever, the fans have been shafted more than ever and Plant/McCunt are getting their own way more than ever.....I'm going to find a new club because the match day experience is ruined. You can handle dross been served up on the pitch, every club goes through a few grey spells, but I feel like the club are trying to wipe dog **** in our faces with everything they are doing!

Post by Guest Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:32 am

100% TrevDee. Tripe on the pitch is one thing but it's a double up of Weaver magic on and off the pitch and if anything makes you look at the on pitch with more focus like. 4 points out 33 or so. Terrible. Badly trained Stewards treating grown men like naughty kids even worse. Lass in queue must have been mid 40s.. .bag searched. Total joke but shows the plant./Weaver attitude to us fans.

Noticed the stockport fans were more than aware of our fans friendly match day feel......http://members3.boardhost.com/marionsboard/msg/1482783597.html

Sign up to the fans thing. Nah thanks been going far longer than any supporters group who have all been quite happy to go all weak kneed at Weaver and son and allow this all to get worse and worse. Want our club back not an evening with the Weavers favorite court jester, who both can't and won't do anything to help.
    TheNeil30

Post by TheNeil30 Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:11 pm

Unfortunately the atmosphere is getting to a point now where I really don't enjoy visiting the CNG anymore. Gary Plant and Dan McGeachie have single handily ruined what used to be a fantastic family club. I have been coming to Harrogate Town for over 40 years, but now only see myself attending away games.

I really hope Irving reads this forum and can see exactly what they are doing. The club have chosen corporate and advertising over the fans. If it wasn't for the fans, there wouldn't be a club. A number of the more 'hardcore' fans who go home and away, have already said that unless something changes, they are seriously reviewing whether they want to continue their support for a club who clearly does not have their interests at heart.

It is a shame that this has coincided with the recent run of results, and I'm sure that GP and DM will be using that as an excuse as to why the majority of the fans are pissed off.

The fans who go week in, week out, also understand the position regarding Simon, and are willing to support it. They KNOW that Simon won't be going anywhere and accept that. Otherwise they would have stopped supporting the team a long time ago.

IRVING - DO WHAT'S RIGHT OR WE ARE'NT GOING TO HAVE A CLUB TO SUPPORT WHILST YOU LEAVE IT TO BE RUINED BY THOSE TWO.
    Surplus

Post by Surplus Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:00 pm

What about volunteering on match days? In that way you get to see all the hard work that's put in by very few people and also get to see the stuff that's imposed on the club by other agencies like the police/ council etc. Can't see that casting abuse around helps anyone myself and its easy to be negative and run down what others are doing so let's be positive and come up with some ways of moving the club forward.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 11:20 pm