Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+5
GARAGE
Gareth192001
rangerider
paulstreet
Big Lundy
9 posters

STOCKPORT COUNTY

Big Lundy

STOCKPORT COUNTY Empty STOCKPORT COUNTY

Post by Big Lundy Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:52 am

Normally a game against Stockport County in the F.A. Cup would mean you are playing in the 1st or 2nd Round proper!!!!!!!
    Shocked
    Still I suppose this is the highest level opposition we could have had @ this stage!
    Wink
    And whatever the score they will still have to come back here again this season!
    Smile
    A chance we could be outnumbered by away fans for this one although our win Saturday & with it being the F.A. Cup should create a bit more interest from the locals!
    Leeds, York, Railway, Knaresborough, Guiseley, Tadcaster (Everton [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] don’t worry lads you can watch it in here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] or here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ) & Harrogate Rugby Club all AWAY on Saturday!
    Think their away support has dropped of a bit compared to the beginning of last season
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    But will still be likely to be one of the largest seen @ the CNG this season!
    The 1,400 Southport brought here in 2005
    is still the largest away contingent I’ve seen down here!
    Big Lundy

STOCKPORT COUNTY Empty Re: STOCKPORT COUNTY

Post by Big Lundy Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:03 am

Thought I remembered seeing this lad play down here for Southport!!!!!
    Laughing
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:33 am

Should be massive, can't wait. What will be the arrangements for season ticket holders with reserved stand seats. I know we have to pay, but will our seat reservations remain valid?

Post by Guest Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:45 pm

Looking forward to this one. A nice break away from the league. They should bring a few travelling fans.

Hopefully, it will not end up with a replay, but if it does, I will have 4 spare seats in the car ;-)
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:45 pm

Popped into the ground today a workman said the new stand won't be ready for Saturday, it would have been but for the Tour De France so about two weeks behind but he did say its coming on leaps and bounds this week so it looks like it will be ready for the Gainsborough Trinity match, i think it might be a bit crowded on Saturday with only three sides open, sardines and tin springs to mind
    Gareth192001

Post by Gareth192001 Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:07 pm

rangerider wrote:Popped into the ground today a workman said the new stand won't be ready for Saturday, it would have been but for the Tour De France so about two weeks behind but he did say its coming on leaps and bounds this week so it looks like it will be ready for the Gainsborough Trinity match, i think it might be a bit crowded on Saturday with only three sides open, sardines and tin springs to mind

I'm guessing that there will be limited tickets vs a complete fully open stadium. Any ideas what it will be limited to?

Post by Guest Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:58 pm

Gareth192001 wrote:
    rangerider wrote:Popped into the ground today a workman said the new stand won't be ready for Saturday, it would have been but for the Tour De France so about two weeks behind but he did say its coming on leaps and bounds this week so it looks like it will be ready for the Gainsborough Trinity match, i think it might be a bit crowded on Saturday with only three sides open, sardines and tin springs to mind

I'm guessing that there will be limited tickets vs a complete fully open stadium. Any ideas what it will be limited to?

Don't think we need to worry too much about that.

Spoken with a couple of County fans who would both be suprised if they brought over 300 so looking at an attendance of 6/700.

Think they took about 250 to Solihull and they away support has dwindled slightly since we last played.
    Gareth192001

Post by Gareth192001 Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:09 pm

That's a bit of a shame last season they made some noise before woods and bolder ripped them apart
    GARAGE

Post by GARAGE Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:44 am

Not popped into ground for a while so did not see workman but looks like common sense has prevailed and the stand will not be open.
    Arrive there early on Saturday so as not to be in queue down Wetherby Road and miss the start. Hope we have extra gate open. Suggest the office team help out till it's sorted.
    Now let's go out and get our hands on the £4500 prize for winning this game.
    Come on Town !!!
    Chips97

Post by Chips97 Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:05 am

Shame about the stand not being open! But understandable really! At least it'll be open for the next time they come in November. We played well last week and should keep the same team, only thing that worries me is playing wingers on a small pitch like we have now will result in Nelthorpe not having the space like Saturday.
    I can't wait to see Hassan playing again as he is a bit unit that will threaten every defence in this league. I think he just needs to know when to use his physicality and get in the right positions.
    It was great to see Lenighan getting an assist for a fabulous cross so let's see more of that on Sat! Hopefully we will get a good attendance although I keep seeing loads of County fans saying they're not coming!
    Let's get behind the lads and cheer them onto the next round!
    OOOOO TOWN
    CCOB

Post by CCOB Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:21 pm

Good point about the pitch Chips97, not sure we'll see Town play any decent football this season on such a narrow pitch.
    Hopefully when the stand does open it will be us Town fans that get to use it first.

Post by Guest Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:12 pm

think the lads are up for a cup run and will be ready to get back on the pitch after Saturdays win! Looking forward to seeing if he sticks with the same eleven who won away, Callum looked big and strong, and Nelthorpe very pacey, Nowakowski was all over the midfield and wing, Lenighan again put in another strong 90.
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:39 pm

JordanF wrote:
    Gareth192001 wrote:

Spoken with a couple of County fans who would both be suprised if they brought over 300 so looking at an attendance of 6/700.

Think they took about 250 to Solihull and they away support has dwindled slightly since we last played.

Official line from Stockport is that they expect between 500 and 600 to travel over so expect it to be busy - have taken heed of the advice reference entrance gates.
    Basketball Basketball

Post by Guest Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:12 pm

gedmaloney wrote:
    JordanF wrote:
    Gareth192001 wrote:

Official line from Stockport is that they expect between 500 and 600 to travel over so expect it to be busy - have taken heed of the advice reference entrance gates.
    Basketball Basketball

Would be great if they do.

Hopefully I will be able to get to the bar to sell coach tickets ;-)
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:06 pm

I do think it will be around 950-1000. But wouldn't be surprised if it ended up being 700ish.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 03, 2024 12:27 am