Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+14
pie and chips
ultimate warrior
rosvere
TheNeil29
paulstreet
nobby99
Big Lundy
spayne
A1 drifter
thetallaccountant
yorkiebar
GARAGE
trevdee
Townfan
18 posters

Boston game

pie and chips

Boston game - Page 2 Empty Re: Boston game

Post by pie and chips Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:06 pm

Why would he go anyway?
    1. To cheer on the Team?
    2. To tell the Manager he knows how to run the Club?
    Answers on a postcard.
    Town Lishke
    Town Lishke

Post by Town Lishke Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:03 am

Big Lundy wrote:Starting another boycott then "Town Lische"?
    Laughing
    You lot on here are funny with your boycott talk, makes me laugh, as if there are huge crowds swelling the gates desperate to get a glimpse of Weaver's incredible work anyway.

If there WAS a boycott nay fecker would notice anyway!!!
    pie and chips wrote:Why would he go anyway?
    1. To cheer on the Team?
    2. To tell the Manager he knows how to run the Club?
    Answers on a postcard.
    Better that than being Weaver's bitch, loyally lapping up whatever crap they want in exchange for a few bucks. Oh please give us your money Mr Irving sir, yes you can do whatever you like in return, use our club as a plaything for your complete loser of a son, we'll happily bend over and take it year after year like a bunch of bad whores.

RIP Harrogate Town - Sold out in 2010 (unlike it's shiny new stands)

Post by Guest Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:24 am

Ooh Town!! Bring on Gainsborough - should have a pretty good following I think.
    nobby99

Post by nobby99 Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:45 am

'Groundhog Day' was on at the weekend, very much like following HTFC.

Same story, going round and round getting nowhere. Couple of wins we're invincible followed by a couple of losses and we're shite again. Makes it all the more frustrating when you see what we're capable of. Lack of consistency, lack of of a consistent team. A team that can beat anybody if they are motivated, but frequently they aren't - got to look to the manager for that, but as we know nothing is going to change there.

Post by Guest Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:15 am

This is the first defeat of our newly assembled team. What's to say we can't go to Gainsborough and get a result. Had it being the pre New Year team I would have said we would go on a run of 3/4 defeats now. But it's not......
    Town Lishke
    Town Lishke

Post by Town Lishke Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:00 am

JordanF wrote:This is the first defeat of our newly assembled team. What's to say we can't go to Gainsborough and get a result. Had it being the pre New Year team I would have said we would go on a run of 3/4 defeats now. But it's not......
    Assembled...ha! That's one word for it I suppose. And how many newly assembled teams is that now? Probably will win at Gainsborough, so what?
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:23 am

So we get three more points, kind of the point isn't it? Yes, obviously gutted about Saturday, especially after turning on the radio just in time to hear Clayton make it 2-0 after 4 minutes, I was dancing around the room for the next 15 minutes or so! Look, we are going to lose some matches, and Boston have been demolishing every one recently, so not the end of the world by a long chalk. Tomorrow does become important though, we need to demonstrate some 'intestinal fortitude' and get back to winning ways. We ARE scoring goals (eventually), and, it would seem, playing some exciting football to boot.
    Surely time to put the 'Weaver thing' to bed. He's not leaving, so lets carry on supporting the team, and looking for the positives.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:31 am

In my opinion, we can complain and moan all we want about the managerial and ownership set-up, and you are all aware that I am totally against the current set-up also, as the nepotism is blatant and the manager is bulletproof, to put it plainly. The fact of the matter is that the managerial/ownership setup is not going to change anytime soon. So, as much as I dislike it, I cant change it.

I also suggested a boycott of games, but what was the point of that? Irving isnt exactly worrying about the supporters, as he has more money than sense. And we all support our club, even if the set-up isnt to the liking of a lot of supporters.

I just go to the games now, hoping that we see good results, and good football to go with it. When it comes to results, i'm not bothered if we win, draw or lose. All i'm bothered about is that as long as the team give 100%, the results will look after themselves.

The last 7 games, it has been W5, D1 & L1. Boston is always going to be a tough place to go, and I would have been happy with a point, but to lose 5-2 is very disappointing, even more so the fact that we were 2-0 up after 10 minutes. I didnt go, so I cant comment on the performance, but from what I gather, the defence didnt have the best of days. That result just needs to be forgotten about and we go again at Gainsborough.

McGurk is out of the game tomorrow and Clayton is a doubt.

I think the defence needs to be Shiels and Killock tomorrow. Franks has not been convincing recently, and Worsfold should be given a start.

My 11 for tomorrow:

Crook

Turner
    Shiels
    Killock
    Swain

Nyoni
    Nowakowski
    Fallowfield
    Emmett

Worsfold
    Thewlis

Subs: Barnes, Milligan, Franks, Rowe, Clayton
    Town Lishke
    Town Lishke

Post by Town Lishke Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:04 am

TheNeil29 wrote:The fact of the matter is that the managerial/ownership setup is not going to change anytime soon.
    Well it looks like the bum will stave off relegation this time around but surely if we have another ropey season next season some of you lot will actually start becoming more active in trying to affect change? I mean how much are you actually willing to put up with? Sounds like you're all happy drop your draws for Daddy's dollars for as long as he wants. This is a farce now.

And if we were relegated are you all now saying oh well there's nothing we can do about it? Nobody else would tolerate this situation. NOBODY. At least Abramovich and the Sheik have the gumption to sack their managers. Irving the millionaire just seems happy to throw his money down the toilet where his son is concerned. And what if Simon ever delivers something (don't fall off your chair laughing, bear with me a second) do you think Harrogate Town is the height of his ambitions? Not only are we are plaything to these wallies, we're a stepping stone to them. Anyone going along with it has really sold this club out. Meanwhile look at Barrow as just one example of how to do it. As if we're ever going to emulate what they are doing while we're under the Weavers. Get real.

If you're all happy to play this game then...........

Harrogate all over this isn't it? Money over brains.
    Town Lishke
    Town Lishke

Post by Town Lishke Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:09 am

paulstreet wrote:  Look, we are going to lose some matches
    Yes and I can tell you how many matches we are going to lose. About 50%. And we'll win about a third. That's the way it is now, the way it always has been and the way it always will be under the UEFA ones.

Post by Guest Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:14 am

Town Lishke wrote:
    TheNeil29 wrote:The fact of the matter is that the managerial/ownership setup is not going to change anytime soon.
    Well it looks like the bum will stave off relegation this time around but surely if we have another ropey season next season some of you lot will actually start becoming more active in trying to affect change? I mean how much are you actually willing to put up with? Sounds like you're all happy drop your draws for Daddy's dollars for as long as he wants. This is a farce now.

And if we were relegated are you all now saying oh well there's nothing we can do about it? Nobody else would tolerate this situation. NOBODY. At least Abramovich and the Sheik have the gumption to sack their managers. Irving the millionaire just seems happy to throw his money down the toilet where his son is concerned. And what if Simon ever delivers something (don't fall off your chair laughing, bear with me a second) do you think Harrogate Town is the height of his ambitions? Not only are we are plaything to these wallies, we're a stepping stone to them. Anyone going along with it has really sold this club out. Meanwhile look at Barrow as just one example of how to do it. As if we're ever going to emulate what they are doing while we're under the Weavers. Get real.

How do you suggest we go about doing this?

I am not going to stop going to games as my son enjoys it and funnily enough I enjoy it too. If the team are not performing well, I would be less inclined to go away, but my home support would continue.

Am I happy about the situation.....no. Can I change it....no. Am I willing to show my support for Harrogate Town.....yes.

I think fans have an important question to ask yourselves. Are you still willing to support the team whilst the Weavers are at the club? If the answer is yes.....come to the games and get behind the team. If the answer is no.....bugger off.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:18 am

Town Lishke wrote:

I'm not happy with the setup Town Lishke, and it's been well documented on this forum. I dont want them in charge of the club, and the likes of other people on this forum and the people I stand with at games, they all know I dont approve of the set-up, but there is nothing I can do to change it. If I could, I would.

The simple fact is we arent going to get relegated, that is hypothetical. The current form has put paid to that.

I can assure you, when it comes to the set-up and your opinion, I agree with you. But they arent going anytime soon.

When it comes to attending the games, I go to support the players, not the management. But I also do give credit where credit is due as well.

For example, after the Fylde game, I shook hands with Simon and congratulated him on an excellent performance, because it was. It doesnt mean I rate him as a manager any more or less.
    Town Lishke
    Town Lishke

Post by Town Lishke Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:47 am

JordanF wrote:

I am not going to stop going to games as my son enjoys it and funnily enough I enjoy it too. If the team are not performing well, I would be less inclined to go away, but my home support would continue.

Am I happy about the situation.....no. Can I change it....no. Am I willing to show my support for Harrogate Town.....yes.

I think fans have an important question to ask yourselves. Are you still willing to support the team whilst the Weavers are at the club? If the answer is yes.....come to the games and get behind the team. If the answer is no.....bugger off.
    Strangely hypocritical given you sacked Blackburn off because of the Venkys eh superfan?

And after the attitude and contempt they showed you at Guiseley I'm surprised you're so soft on them.

Post by Guest Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:20 pm

Town Lishke wrote:
    JordanF wrote:

Strangely hypocritical given you sacked Blackburn off because of the Venkys eh superfan?

And after the attitude and contempt they showed you at Guiseley I'm surprised you're so soft on them.

Just got tired and sick of full time football and the expense. Other personal issues meant that I was unable to get to games for a period of time so I started going more to Harrogate Town. Kid enjoyed it so continued to go - nothing wrong with that.

Similar to Leeds fans - you should know about that ;-)

My post above was about supporting the team and not the Weavers. I am not happy with the situation, but things are not going to change. I enjoy going to games and will continue to do so to support the team.
    Town Lishke
    Town Lishke

Post by Town Lishke Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:34 pm

JordanF wrote: I enjoy going to games and will continue to do so to support the team.
    Well I would never advocate anyone not doing that but to allow ourselves to be used in this way...does it not make anyone feel dirty?

The day will come when Weaver Jr needs to be told (if it hasn't already long since been and gone). Fans of other clubs are no shrinking violets in that regard. Maybe we're just too posh!

Post by Guest Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:35 pm

I think that the only thing which most of us will agree on is that we all want what's best for Harrogate Town.

It is how that is achieved, is what we disagree on.

Most football fans are fickle, myself included, and when things are not going well on the pitch, someone needs to take the blame. That person is normally the manager.

At the moment, things are going well, the team look hungry and they clearly want to play for the manager. It is refreshing after the crap which was served up during the first half of this season.
    town supporter

Post by town supporter Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:37 pm

I wouldn't underestimate the impact of holding the weavers to account for their actions - for long enough they've casually disposed of players and staff they don't like or who don't agree with them.  The relationship with supporters is more complex and rest assured the Weavers don't like it.  Can't support the idea of sitting back and just enjoying the football. We've had the Charlie fiasco, a well respected Director stepping down, our club captain loaned out, player falls outs, supporters criticised and threatened.  Oh well, as long as the players give 100% some of you say - shameful I say.

Dunno, maybe it's the changing face of football that we're left with posh boy supporters like pie and chips, hangers on, individuals more concerned about corporate hospitality and the array of fine food and drink available on match days, but none of it had anything to do with the club I started supporting over 25 years ago.
    Town Lishke
    Town Lishke

Post by Town Lishke Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:49 pm

JordanF wrote:

At the moment, things are going well
    If anyone really believes that then there really is no hope for the future. I keep thinking the next 5 or 10 game winless streak for Daddy's boy will be one bad run too many, the straw that breaks the camel's back but he's got more lives than Doctor Who (insert Craig joke here). The next time it happens...nothing will happen. Depressing.

town supporter wrote:I wouldn't underestimate the impact of holding the weavers to account for their actions - for long enough they've casually disposed of players and staff they don't like or who don't agree with them.  The relationship with supporters is more complex and rest assured the Weavers don't like it.
    Absolutely no doubt they were squirming at one point but they have VERY thick skins and NO shame whatsoever.

"YOU won't get US out of this club" indeed. Nice chairman.
    rosvere

Post by rosvere Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:02 pm

town supporter wrote:I wouldn't underestimate the impact of holding the weavers to account for their actions - for long enough they've casually disposed of players and staff they don't like or who don't agree with them.  The relationship with supporters is more complex and rest assured the Weavers don't like it.  Can't support the idea of sitting back and just enjoying the football. We've had the Charlie fiasco, a well respected Director stepping down, our club captain loaned out, player falls outs, supporters criticised and threatened.  Oh well, as long as the players give 100% some of you say - shameful I say.

Dunno, maybe it's the changing face of football that we're left with posh boy supporters like pie and chips, hangers on, individuals more concerned about corporate hospitality and the array of fine food and drink available on match days, but none of it had anything to do with the club I started supporting over 25 years ago.
    Iv'e kept off the forum for a while now.Trying to keep the blood pressure down.
    I'd like to say Town supporter that I fully support your views and honesty.
    ultimate warrior
    ultimate warrior

Post by ultimate warrior Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:59 pm

So do i rosvere good to see someone as well as Town liske who is not taken in by this shower
    pie and chips

Post by pie and chips Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:25 pm

Hey, TS, thanks for calling me a posh boy - my Mum would be proud!
    It's brilliant to read all the bitter vitriol, but really, none of it matters.
    I support the Club, I enjoy watching the football, especially when we win.
    I then go home, and log on the Forum.
    The result dictates the reaction on here!!
    More power to Mr Weaver - both of them!!
    town supporter

Post by town supporter Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:16 pm

town supporter wrote:There's some people you just can't reach ... but anyway,

Town fan - you ask enough questions - I have two for you (say what you see, and if you see it say it)

A) where are we currently in the league table?

B) what is the highest position we've achieved so far this season.

Ta ta petal

Town fan you've gone very quiet all of a sudden - are you struggling with the answer?
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:44 am

Town Lishke wrote:

Condescending, righteous bilge affraid
    Mightily surprised that TS allows you to slag off Town fans in the way that you do (heaven help if it had been a Director!) but I do note his comments are pretty much the same old story copied and pasted, most of which were explained in detail at the recent Q&A - as someone stated in an earlier post, if you don't like the way we are trying to develop our community Club (the recent award the Club suggests we might be doing just a little bit right) you have the option to withdraw your support though, I use the word "support" loosely.
    And before you respond, you can be sure that supporters, management and Directors first priority remains the development of a successful 1st team.
    Bit of advice though - keep well away from the website over the next couple of weeks as there will be more evidence of our work to develop a "community" club that Harrogate and Town supporters can be proud of. sunny  sunny
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:58 am

town supporter wrote:I wouldn't underestimate the impact of holding the weavers to account for their actions - for long enough they've casually disposed of players and staff they don't like or who don't agree with them.  The relationship with supporters is more complex and rest assured the Weavers don't like it.  Can't support the idea of sitting back and just enjoying the football. We've had the Charlie fiasco, a well respected Director stepping down, our club captain loaned out, player falls outs, supporters criticised and threatened.  Oh well, as long as the players give 100% some of you say - shameful I say.

You had the chance to have a personal response to the claims that you continue to make about the Club and turned down the opportunity.

That is your choice, but you can be sure I will continue to discuss any issue any supporter has with the way the Club is run, to enable them to have all the facts at their disposal and make a decision for themselves - your comment at the end of paragraph 1 is typical and is grossly unfair to the majority of supporters who support the team but still have the ability to express their point of view on things that they are unhappy with.

ps. I had hoped we would be given more than 1 defeat before the critics returned:affraid: affraid
    Town Lishke
    Town Lishke

Post by Town Lishke Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:03 pm

gedmaloney wrote:
    Mightily surprised that TS allows you to slag off Town fans  
    Allows? ALLOWS? And there's me thinking we had a thing in this country called freedom of speech and a right to express an opinion. Good effort at trying to stir the pot amongst your enemies though.

Shut up you dithering, old, small minded simpleton.

You're a massive hypocrite and also quite a nasty, vindictive and manipulative piece of work. You have a go and accuse others of being personal and then come on (only when it suits YOUR agenda) and do exactly the same thing.
    gedmaloney wrote: there will be more evidence of our work to develop a "community" club that Harrogate and Town supporters can be proud of. sunny  sunny
    But precious little in the way of a competent manager and a successful team. Hell will freeze over first. Yawn, heard it all before, mostly from you. Self important bulls*ite as usual.

Proud? PROUD? The chairman/manager situation is a complete joke and a massive embarrassment to this town ya numpty.
    gedmaloney wrote:.
    Bit of advice though
    Bit of advice? And YOU accuse ME of being condescending?!!! You patronising old bellend. Bit of advice for YOU - F**k right off.
    gedmaloney wrote:
    ps. I had hoped we would be given more than 1 defeat before the critics returned:affraid: affraid
    Hahahahaha! 1 defeat?!!! This is the problem here. So much delusion. Have you seen the table you clown? Oh no sorry we've managed to string a few results together once again after arsing about with the team for an eternity so that must mean Weaver is having some kind of renaissance and has finally found his pathway to managerial greatness. Jesus. God help you poor folks.

Community? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! When's the next deviant, wastrel signing for the club? A manager and a chairman who have nothing but contempt for the people of this town. Pair of p*ss takers.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 10:20 am