Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+5
Innocent Bystander
rangerider
paulstreet
Townfan
boselecta
9 posters

Boston away.

boselecta

Boston away. Empty Boston away.

Post by boselecta Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:26 am

Another tough game, but looking at the highlights against Ferriby both Joe and Brendon
    could really have a field day.
    Here's hoping.
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Townfan
    Townfan

Boston away. Empty Re: Boston away.

Post by Townfan Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:13 pm

Difficult to have a field day when you are sat in the stands !
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:50 pm

Why is Daniels not playing? Website said no injuries. Is he about to sign for someone Else? Hope not!
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:33 pm

Suspended
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:45 pm

Well its a good point, I'd have taken a draw at 7.45 I guess, but tough to be ahead three times and not hold on. Also excellent that Dom scored.
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:49 pm

Agree. Would have taken a point before the game. Predictable score - Boston score a load of goals but have no defence.
    Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:33 pm

Draw away and win at home! That will be good enough for the play-offs! It was entertaining following this game on Twitter tonight! I prefer the style of club tweets that start with the minute (84) so you know the stage that the game has reached.
    wootontommy

Post by wootontommy Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:58 am

Tightly fought contest tonight, but we have to work on taking our chances when they are handed to us. I thought the first half's display was really good in terms of playing the ball along the deck but in the end a draw was a fair result. Well done to all the goal scorers!
    GARAGE

Post by GARAGE Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:17 am

What a pulsating great game last night , a superb advert for our league. We should have won by 3 or 4 goals on chances but could have easily lost it which won have been an injustice. Knowles poor penalty miss was the reason for not going onto win the game because we would have been 3-1 up but credit to him for scoring a good 2nd goal. Both teams hit the woodwork , it was end to end entertainment.Yates looks very lively with good movement off the ball. Swain had one of his better games and Colbeck was superb all game. Clayton created a superb chance for himself but his finishing is not clinical.The game changed when Boston brought on No 17 who we just could not contain and he was the reason they managed to draw. He was very direct and scored a great 3rd goal .All in aii well worth the trip and slept well last night.
    Overheard Boston supporter on way out saying " You do not get games like that on watching TV " He was spot on !!
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:11 am

WOW!! What a game and would agree with the previous caller - should have won, could have lost but the definition of end to end football.
    I turned to Irving after the penalty miss and their equalizer and said we were about to find out whether we had the balls to pick ourselves up and respond positively, or whether we would have a repeat of last seasons game - pleased to say these guys are made of sterner stuff.

A couple of highlights for me:

Crooky - outstanding saves again
    Back 4 - conceded 3 but doesn't reflect how well the back 4 played (nb. Danny Ellis had been as sick as a dog all day!!). Lewis Turner = Rolls Royce and Andy had a good game creating problems going forward and strong in the air. Luke - rock solid
    Midfield - positive team spirit this season = now seeing the real Lloyd Kerry - great game alongside Paul Thirlwell - good distribution, good tackles - Billy Bremner. Paul Thirlwell - class.
    Louie Swain - mr versatilty. Great finish!
    Dom and Jerry (is there a joke there?!) - great movement from Jerry and Dom's best game of the season - capped with a goal and will do his confidence the world of good.
    Clayts - last minute chance saved by keeper but good cameo performance.
    Joe Colbeck - is on fire at the moment and a joy to watch (tracks back as well!!!)

Support - 1030 Boston Fans / 40 Town Fans - felt more like 50:50 - great noise levels for the full 94 minutes.

Jack Emmett was ill - he would have loved this sort of game. No Brendan, no Jack Emmett, Danny Ellis ill - uhm! Well done

One shouldn't  get carried away but this was a highly encouraging performance - lets hope it encourages a few extra supporters on Saturday.

Supporters Club Meeting Thursday 7.15pm in the 1919 and don't forget that the Supporters Club Free Post Match Draw now stands at £70 - don't leave early on Saturday affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:25 am

It was exciting enough on Twitter so being at the game must have been incredible...not sure my nerves could have stood it though! Didn't realise Dom had missed a penalty, 3-1 we might have gone on to win it. But the main thing is we are a tough team to beat this season, and it was really important that three other players got goals last night. Its going to be tough choosing a starting XI on Saturday. Delighted for Kerry as well. We are in a good position re: the play off places, just need to keep on doing it, and these players look like they will. Will Boston show video highlights?
    boselecta

Post by boselecta Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:08 am

Bostons match report.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:23 pm

Just about getting my voice back and probably the most exciting game I have seen in years, great advert for none league football. What a shame we didn't get the 4th to cap off an excellent night. I think if we had scored the penalty, Boston would have given up but credit to their keeper and them for the response.

Anyway I know collectively the team played well but i want to single out Kerry, I thought he was immense last night, first time he has lived up to what was promised, I do hope we see more!
    boselecta

Post by boselecta Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:12 pm

Here's the highlights.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:33 am

Great highlights package. We sure made some chances in the first half! I thought both Knowles and Swain took their goals extremely well. Looked a bit of a soft penalty, and the less said about the kick itself the better! Crook looked excellent again, the little I saw of Kerry was very impressive as well.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 10:01 am