Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+15
BB
V'
paulstreet
TheNeil29
nobby99
Outsider
town supporter
TownUltra
Championship Manager
graham
NOT YOU
Chips97
Harry O
Malcom Marshall
pontifex532
19 posters

Boycott Boston ! - Saturday 17th January

TheNeil29

Boycott Boston !  - Saturday 17th January - Page 2 Empty Re: Boycott Boston ! - Saturday 17th January

Post by TheNeil29 Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:46 am

The problem is nobby, that a lot of the usual faces will still go, and not boycott. Everyone needs a football fix.

For me, they have 1 last chance, and that is Boston on Saturday. If I see a performance as lethargic and pathetic as the Hednesford or Brackley games. Harrogate Railway and Knaresborough Town will get my support instead. And then I would suggest that everyone follow suit, and support a team that plays football the right way, unbiased and that doesnt have a nepotist chairman and a pathetic excuse of a son that is apparently a manager that treats this club like a ****** playtoy.

I'm just hoping that I get a big Euromillions win soon, because if I do. I will buy the ****** Weavers out, period.

Boycott Boston !  - Saturday 17th January - Page 2 Empty Re: Boycott Boston ! - Saturday 17th January

Post by Guest Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:50 am

As much as i enjoy a trip to station view i would implore you that actually the weaver's would want those questioning the nepotism to go elsewhere. A boycott at this stage would be counter productive, what impacts is not silence but the vocal questioning of what is happening, the agitation if a situation that should be rallied against not run away from. The mocking and pilloring of it all makes far more of an impact.......as will our support of the players (as partcfromone oobvious exception).
    nobby99

Post by nobby99 Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:56 am

TheNeil29 wrote:The problem is nobby, that a lot of the usual faces will still go, and not boycott. Everyone needs a football fix.

Usual faces, usual result, usual excuses, usual feeling of what else could I have done with £12 ....

There are plenty of other alternatives if you need a football fix. Chanting etc - hasn't worked, sometimes silence is golden.... All I'm suggesting is one match - there is still time to turn this round, but not with the current set up. The management won't take action so the fans must.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:46 am

Difficult one this, I see both sides. But I WILL be there, to support the team and the players. If I thought it might hasten the Weaver's departure I 'd join a boycott, but I don't think it will. I must confess that for me I need to go to a game with a team to support, I need to care about the result, win or lose. I wish Rail well and always look out for their results, but I'd be there as a neutral really and that, I'm afraid, doesn't do it for me.

Post by Guest Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:13 pm

I will be there on Saturday giving the players my full support. I will not however refrain from letting my feelings known regarding the current regime.

This is mainly due to having a season ticket and them probably counting me in attendance whether I am there or not and also whilst I am extremely unhappy at the moment with everything which is happening, I do not want my lad to miss out. He enjoys it win, lose or draw and does not understand the internal politics.

If I was a pay on the day supporter would I go? No, I probably wouldn't.

NOT YOU

Post by NOT YOU Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:15 pm

Smile well said jordan Surprised
    V'
    V'

Post by V' Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:09 pm

Think we have 2 players on loan from Town, my point was you do not have to spend a fortune to get results!!!! I like certain Rail fans want other clubs to do well and that includes Town, Knaresborough, Ripon City and Boroughbridge, its just a shame how the town fans are being treated. Well if you turn up on Saturday like I said before you will be made to feel welcome and talk to us.
    BB

Post by BB Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:25 am

D’know what...I also might not bother going to this game…..how many ‘last chances’ do we give them?

I’ve probably only missed about 20 home matches since John Reed’s era, when I started going with my son, who was a fanatical Town fan.

He stopped attending matches a couple of years ago..….he couldn’t stand it any more ----I miss him by my side cheering the likes of Danny chasing down the keeper, or Mark Smith mooning – was that after his hat trick?

But….my company is going through a ‘restructure’, (Bas**rds) and in a few months I’m going to be taking a pay hit of 25% (I’m one of the lucky ones!), and the money I save not going to matches could be put to good use….possibly giving my wife a treat, or buying some food.

She says to me now…. “Why do you bother still going…you only come back frozen and pi**ed off?”… Anyone got an answer to that?

Anyway, sob story over. I just thought that I’d try to put a bit of perspective on why, certainly one, and possibly two, fans have decided that enough is enough…and we’re not fickle and insincere.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:26 am

well like Jordan I need to get some sort of value out of my season ticket..........The good news is that Boston fans aren't really too keen on the Weaver's also so they may join in with the "weaver out" chants!
    bostonboy

Post by bostonboy Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:03 pm

No we don't like the weaver regime. I would imagine there will be chants of 'you're getting sacked in the morning' and 'weaver you're a ****'. Hopefully we don't end up with 7 men on the pitch this time and it's a decent game.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:21 pm

I wouldnt even bother with the sacked comment because it will never happen. You will see our repertoire of insults on Saturday.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:22 pm

How many you bringing bostonboy?
    bostonboy

Post by bostonboy Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:05 pm

Not that many really. 100 or so I would think. Might help with the attendance as so many of your fans are staying away saturday.
    nobby99

Post by nobby99 Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:46 am

Ok, tomorrow’s the day I’d ask you to consider not going to the CNG (it may be in doubt anyway with the forecast).

I understand the position of season ticket holders and being Yorkshiremen and getting value for money  – but you’re unlikely to get it at the CNG.  It would be an even bigger statement if fans that have already paid don’t turn up, and I’m only suggesting this for one game.

This isn’t about not getting behind the players and hoping we win tomorrow; we all know what it’s about, the root cause of the problem.  Something needs to change NOW. Things are very wrong on and off the pitch with HTFC’s name being dragged through the tabloids this week with a court case.  Some family club we are… A carefully controlled q&a in a months time with a selected few invitee’s  won’t change anything. Chants of ‘Weaver Out’ haven’t and won’t work, it probably just distracts the players anyway. They are probably equally frustrated (all 35 of them !), having been asked to play in 86 different formations….

A near empty ground/low attendance would be very embarrassing for the Weavers and will be picked up on by the media. The hope is that change will come and we avoid relegation and make (another) new start next year. However we need action now, the club won’t do it so the fans have to.

If you’re looking elsewhere for entertainment – Railway as mentioned, are at home – also Leeds, York and Tadcaster (a few games away from Wembley in the FA Vase). If you really must go to the CNG please make your views known and take some thermal underwear, cos you’ll need it.

Whatever you decide to do, have a nice day !  Smile

Kind regards,

Nobby
    town supporter

Post by town supporter Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:20 pm

Agree with nobby - if you're really intent on making a statement then stay away. I'll be down at railway, a club far more deserving of our support.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:32 pm

Just seen the following comment from Blooper:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

What make me laugh about this pathetic attempt to get the fans on board, is that it is Simons' 'close friend' making the statement.

The only person he hasnt lost in the dressing room, is you Blooper. But there again, you are close friends with a little, spoilt rich boy who thinks throwing money at a problem will solve it. And the only reason you want him to stay is so you can have a contract for next season, because any other half decent manager would get rid of you, because although you have had a bit of a run this season, you are still shite.

Do us all a favour, stay away from the PR, and stick to trying to be a football player.

Every Harrogate Town fan who reads that comment will think that statement is pathetic.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:44 pm

Highly amusing too that the only letter the Advertiser printed this week is from John Ward who tells us that 'we are all 100% behind him'. Mind you I'm just feeling miffed because I wrote them a letter (which I was very pleased with) putting the other point of view and they didn't print it. I am NOT pleased!

Post by Guest Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:24 pm

Given the weather forecast, I would not be surprised if there was no one at the CNG tomorrow.
    WGHT

Post by WGHT Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:00 pm

If the boycott of boston goes ahead then all the players may give up and then we wont survive in the league and go down, so if we show that we support (except speight) the players we can keep them motivated still dislike the weavers at the same time.

Last edited by WGHT on Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:12 pm

WGHT. We all want to support the players. But the only way we can make the Weavers take notice is if we vote with our feet.

They obviously dont give a **** about the fans, so why should we give a **** about them? When you are dealing with money people, the only place to hit them is in the pocket. Staying away does exactly this.

I do feel sorry for the majority of the players in the squad, as they are managed by a truly incompetent and tactically inept excuse of a manager, who is only still in a job because his daddy is the owner.

I do feel sorry for the hardworking staff in the club also, as they are ran by a truly incompetent, bumbling fuckwit like the so called, poor excuse of an MD.

The problem is if we support the players and they perform. Results will improve, and the current management team will remain in place. The majority of fans do not want this.

It's a real catch 22, and a very difficult situation, and the only way it can be resolved is if Dad sacks Son, which will never happen and they have said at Guiseley that we wont force them out of the club, so therefore, hit them in the pocket, then they will have to pay attention to the fans. The insincere and fragile bunch that we are (Irving's words, not ours)

The upcoming so called Q&A will do absolutely nothing to appease the growing impatience of the supporters. It will be a choroeographed, bullshit exercise that will achieve absolutely **** all.

The only way the attendances will improve and the results will improve is if Simon and Macca are sacked.
    ultimate warrior
    ultimate warrior

Post by ultimate warrior Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:56 pm

i agree
    Malcom Marshall

Post by Malcom Marshall Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:05 pm

I would go as far to say there is no relationship between the fans and players with a few exceptions, It's hard to build a rapour with players when most of them don't stay more than half a season, back in the Aspin era thre was a fantastic relationship between the players and fans as the core of the side played together for 3/4 seasons roy hunter Danny Holland Darren dunning Leigh wood etc, they cared about the club and it's well being, unfortunately I don't feel the same about this lot if 900 or 100 turn up tomorrow it won't make a difference to them they get paid whatever and if you asked them if they will be a town next season I bet they don't know. playing for harrogate town at the minute is just a well paid hobby.

Post by Guest Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:52 pm

Heard from a good friend that Daddy's boy was on stray fm today spouting the same bullshit as the advertiser last week about 6 or 7 people having it in for him and the rest of the fans are United behind him.

So ANYONE THINKING OF BOYCOTTING TOMORROW PLEASE COME DOWN AND PROVE TO HIM AND THE MEDIA THAT HE IS UTTERLY WRONG.

Fair play if you want to do the boycott but would suggest now is not the time. Especially in light of these deranged comments.
    nobby99

Post by nobby99 Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:16 pm

Carefree wrote:Heard from a good friend that Daddy's boy was on stray fm today spouting the same bullshit as the advertiser last week about 6 or 7 people having it in for him and the rest of the fans are United behind him.

So ANYONE THINKING OF BOYCOTTING TOMORROW PLEASE COME DOWN AND PROVE TO HIM AND THE MEDIA THAT HE IS UTTERLY WRONG.  

Fair play if you want to do the boycott but would suggest now is not the time. Especially in light of these deranged comments.

Now is exactly the time, too late when we've been relegated and the Weavers are still there. We'll prove they're utterly wrong by staying away. Think they'll find attendance is down by more than 6 or 7, a normal attendance will result in them saying 'no problem here'.

From what I'm hearing the game is unlikely to be on anyway. They've had the sprinklers on today, they are determined this fixture won't go ahead for some reason(s)....
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:35 am

For anyone who is interested. Game is on today, and I believe railway is postponed.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 6:30 am